Off to jdm heaven

keevster

Advanced Member
Sorry to hear this mate :wink:

Yes the DC5 is the car to crash in if your gona have a crash, they are extremely stable and confidence inspiring.

Hope you get back in a DC5 soon :wink:

Newty

Advanced Member
Does look like it held up well for a fast crash.

Can I buy the strut brace? You go to the place it's at and nick it...please!

Project

Advanced Member
was waiting for the first vulture :lol: would have taken it but its attached to my torque damper which was damaged and bent the strut

Stevieg

Advanced Member
Sorry to see this :cry:

But at least your still in one piece and that's what matters!

raz786

Advanced Member
You should try and get as much stuff back off the car as u can, or are you insured with all mods? Claim it all from her insurance!!

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
I have a nice replacement for you matey :wink: :wink:
make me an offer.

liktup

Advanced Member
:( :(

SAd news, as everyone else has said glad you are ok, fingers crossed for it all getting sorted as quickly as poss :)

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
Hey Bud, Glad to see your Ok -Its that time of year for nasty crashes unfortunatly and the sad fact is that the more miles you do - the more likely your gonna fall victem to a bad driver like the woman you described in the Rav 4....

If you need any help with providing a valuation for the car for replacement/insurance purposes then i would be happy to help. Obviously the estimated replacement cost would be more than you would pay if you were to order one off us matey - if it helps you get max £££ back for your car then its worth doing.

So as for a replacement you looking for another Dc5 or has this tradegy spurred on desires for another marque!! :wink:

Andy

monz

Advanced Member
Project said:
Today is a sad day, and I think 08' is a bad year for DC5's. Mine now goes on the list of write offs :xcry:
The story is, I was driving on a dual carridgeway last night at about 5:30pm doing 70mph when a woman waiting at a junction decided to pull out, now normally you think to yourself when someone pulls out that they stay in the slow lane until youve passed them, but this woman decided to cut straight over the slow lane and on to the fast lane, everything happened so quick, slammed on the brakes but there was no way I would stop in time, smashed right into the back of her, throwing her car onto the other side of the road and mine on to the left side curb on a bridge. One thing I can say is that this car is solid, as everyone who has crashed has just walked away with no serious injuries, at the speed that I hit her I thought I was going to be in serious trouble, but I was fine in the sense of nothing was broken, knee is bugging at the moment from the brake pedal, and arm from the steering wheel, and chest from the seat belt, sore back as well, but I call that minor for the type of crash it was.
Now for what you guys are waiting to see, the pics.

This is the car that I hit

This is the best car that I have even owned/driven in my eyes, so all I want is to jump back into one again
:(

griffy

Advanced Member
mate, :( really sorry to hear about this, I hope you get back in a teg soon, a car is just a car as much as we are mad for em, at least you were not badly hurt dude, I know you will just be missing the car right now but later on you will look back and be thankfull for you life matey, I know I was when I had a big one last year.

Chin up matey :wink: sorry again to hear bout it

who would of thought the airbag didnt popped out :? :x
gald to see you ok mate, kinda freaked out when you've called the other night, car can be replaced, you cant! so look on the bright, bring on another DC5 8)
and by the time you get yours, hopfully your pal "me" should have a S2000 lining up against yours \:D/

anyone want to buy my W Reg CW UK DC2 drop me a pm :oops: :p

Livvy

Advanced Member
Glad your ok, thats the main thing.

69 said:
Maybe it had already been deployed in Japan and not been replaced ?

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
Livvy said:

69 said:
Can that be checked out Livvy? Any ideas how to check? Never even crossed my mind. :shock:

neil_integra

Advanced Member
chalkie said:
Livvy said:

69 said:
Can that be checked out Livvy? Any ideas how to check? Never even crossed my mind. :shock:
The air bag sensor is under the head light and back a bit. looking from the photo it doesnt look like it was disturbed enough to activate. Most of the impact looks like it went through the center of the car where there arent any sensors. the head light is damaged from the top mainly as it hasnt deformed the bumper / headlight bracket.

WestYorkshireman

Advanced Member
WOW.....now that is sad seeing such a beautiful machine looking like that.

At least you walked away from it, it really is scary that there are drivers out there who are capable of causing such mayhem (and possibly death).

Unfortunately they seem to live in their own little world and think they are the only person on the roads.

I think that woman should be done for endagering human life as well as dangerous driving.....throw the book at her in my opinion.

Hope you get a suitable replacement soon :D