Pollen Filter Replacement

Dan2020

Advanced Member
With all the talk on pollen filters recently I thought I'd do a little "how to" for the less mechanically minded out there as it's very simple!!!

First off, open the glovebox and remove these tabs with a twist and a push (one on each side of the glovebox):

look like this when out (will be 2):

Let the glovebox hang down out of the way so best to empty it first, revealing this door that unclips to open:

Slide out the first tray:

Slide accross and remove the second tray:

If you haven't done this for a while they will be dirty:

Get your 2 new pollen filters (Blueprint part no: ADH22510):

Push out and bin the old filters, and fit the new making sure you match the direction of air flow:

One filter fitted next to the other old dirty one:

All you need to do now is fit the other filter and re-fit back into the car in reverse order!!

Simples!!

Courtesy of Porthos, obviously this doesn't affect everybody, but some of you:

If you have never had pollen filters in your car, you will have 2 plastic plates that need removing from the trays. These prevent the Pollen Filter from sitting in place correctly, they also make the air filtering less efficient if left in and can damage the paper element of the filter if not removed. (Think of the weight saving too!, lol)

Cut the thin plastic tabs away that are holding it to the frame on the tray with a sharp knife:

This is how they should look now, Left is correct, right is incorrect:

Do the same to the other tray so you now have 2 perfect non restricted filtering trays.

Now just replace them back in the Filter Cabin behind the glove box! Job Done!

larz

Advanced Member
For a second i thought it was a serious operation when you said:

Let the gearbox hang down out of the way
But then realised you must mean glovebox!

Great write up, will be doing this soon...

wj51fut

Advanced Member
CHALKIE said:
Where did you buy the replacement filters?

Great, 'How to'. =D> 8)
£20 from Honda for both. They are the same as the EP3 pollen filters. Done mine last year. Worth doing IMO.

Marpol

Advanced Member
Great guide :wink:

As said definitely worth doing, I know a few people (myself included) that had no filters in the trays when checked!

Dan2020

Advanced Member
larz said:
For a second i thought it was a serious operation when you said:

Let the gearbox hang down out of the way
But then realised you must mean glovebox!

Great write up, will be doing this soon...

Ooop!!! :lol: Too many things on my mind at once, all edited for you now!! 8)

I got mine off ebay for £12.50 + £2.40 P&P, but the listed has ended now, they are the same as the EP3 so easy enough to find more, here's another link for £13.49 delivered:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-Civic-Type- ... 3cb4b0da03

WestYorkshireman

Advanced Member
Thanks for that, I checked mine after seeing this and found none in the tray so just ordered some.
I changed them when I had the CTR but it never entered my head that the Teg may not have any fitted.

WestYorkshireman

Advanced Member
Mine arrived today with no problems from the second ebay link posted (2 days from ordering), from a motor factors in Huddersfield :)

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
Just checked mine. Empty. :eek:

Why would these be removed and not replaced? :xconfused:

BTW,It took 10 seconds to check them. :!:

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
mine are empty too :( so have just ordered some blue print ones off ebay for £15 :)

jay82

Advanced Member
CHALKIE said:

well when i got my car they had the gear knob in it in bubble wrap and the garage got me a new one for me cause they never checked. but it had another key but wasn't for a honda even

Dan2020

Advanced Member
jay82 said:
CHALKIE said:

well when i got my car they had the gear knob in it in bubble wrap and the garage got me a new one for me cause they never checked. but it had another key but wasn't for a honda even
Must be used as a stash pocket by exporters to stop things going missing in transport I guess!

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.

Mine were missing to. Clicked on the link from Dan2020 and ordered them from Matt Lewis. M Sport.

Minor setback when they arrived. I should have received part ADH22510 but got ADM52507.

Could'nt do with the hassle of returning them so I made some minor adjustments to the inside of the trays
with a craft knife.

Managed to get a snug fit.

Regards Granty.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
i ordered mine on the 20th march and still waiting... royal mail are a waste of space!!!