Primary O2 Sensors For £80

TheRealKCG

Had my eml come on last week for my o2 sensor and ordered from the link above. Came to 100 with express delivery but it only took 2 days to arrive. Still a lot cheaper than honda.
Hey guys,

I just received my primary O2 sensor from Rockauto there. It was about the same price. I just have to install it now.
Rockauto were also kind enough to give me a discount code, and presto here it is for you gents :xyes:

Teg_Ben

Advanced Member
Received mine from Rockauto, about £100 all in. Came after a few days. Easily fitted and light is still out(touch wood!) :xhappy:

CHEERS WOODY!! :xcheers:

cwwoodley

I see a lot of ppl have ordered this part and it seems to be working ok!

When I phoned Honda they gave me the part no.
Of 36531-PRB-A01 which isn't the one denso list for the part you lot have been buying!

I'm a little confused and don't want to order the wrong thing.

Also how long can I drive with the engine light on whilst waiting for this replacement part to arrive?

TheRealKCG

Alright gents fitted the part from Rockauto and drove for about 5 minutes, the light was on and cleared itself! Sweet, and ithasn't come on since.
So defo all sorted and my baby flew through the NCT (Irish MOT) just yesterday with flying colours. :xgrin:
GET IN!

cjh1981

Advanced Member
I think I will order one of these bad boys tomorrow, the money honda want is a joke.

TheRealKCG

Of 36531-PRB-A01 which isn't the one denso list for the part you lot have been buying!

Also how long can I drive with the engine light on whilst waiting for this replacement part to arrive?
@ cwwoodley
The part number they gave you is most likey for a genuine honda replacement part. The O2 sensor from Rockauto is from Denso and seems to fit and work without issue. Denso is a reputable manufacturer from what I hear.
As for how long you can drive with the primary O2 sensor down, I'm not sure. The mechanic who fitted mine, says driving on them for a longer period of time with a rich Air/Fuel ratio can damage the CAT. I advised him that I had been driving on mine for about 4/5 weeks.He seemed to think that wasn't too bad and that my CAT should be ok.
Hope this helps, anyone else feel free to weigh in here if what I'm saying is incorrect, thanks!

cwwoodley

Ordered one today and it should be with me by Friday, i will let you all know if its ok.
I would have been driving with the engine light on for about 3days so not too bad.

Can anyone advise on how to replace this, I had a little look underneath and it looks like a spanner job.
Is there anything I should be careful with or to look out for?

Teg_Ben

Advanced Member

I drove with mine on for months and still passed a MOT, so dont think there was much if any damage done.

Also i think fitting is pretty simple, my mechanic mate said it was a piece of pesh! Also it comes with some decent fitting instructions, think the key is to loosen it with the exhaust warm.

G Man

Advanced Member
The part number from Honda is just their own number, the sensor provided by Honda could be Denso (I don't know which manufacturer Honda use for O2 sensors but I wouldn't have thought Honda make their own).

The Honda part number and Denso part number will never match but could in theory be exactly the same sensor.

Example - I could buy Denso O2 sensors and list them on my website under my own created part numbers.

JDC5

Charged DC5
sorry to bring up an old topic... I'm after the SECONDARY sensor. will this be the same sensor or will i have to order a different one? can some1 provide me with the correct one from RockAuto for the secondary sensor please.

Thanks

northernDC5

Thanks Woody, ordered today.

Just back from Honda who on phone quoted £200 part and labour, went in and they said £330! Took car back and got online ready to buy the 175 Honda ones then came across this.

Car failed MOT on that plus foggy lights, they wanted £500 for a new set! Never again

Riz

Advanced Member
Fitted one of these last week and is fine so far. Was about £120 including all charges.

5% discount code (expires 8th dec 2013)