Primary O2 Sensors For £80

truupR

Advanced Member
The Honda one is disgustingly over-priced (as are most honda parts I suppose). Which is why I'm in 2 minds of which one to get. On a side note of MPG - I haven't notice a change in MPG since the EML has come on due to the o2 sensor :/

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
I noticed a massive difference when changing it over.

My lass got great mpg bringing the car home on day 1 and when the EML came on after a few days she noticed how bad the fueling got.

Once I replaced the O2 sensor the economy shot back up.

dotty

Advanced Member
We can say it until we are blue in the face, but the Honda one is the one to get. For the sake of the cost of a tank of fuel is it really worth gambling ?

G Man

Advanced Member
I'm interested to know if its Denso Honda use for this O2 sensor - it could be.

The next person to buy one from Honda, please post detailed pics of the part up before fitting - check for any markings or part numbers on it. Likewise with a Denso one from Rockauto.

It be nice to finally know if these two parts are the exact same or actually from different manufacturers.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
The Honda sensor is a Denso one, however, M A N Y people have fitted the sensors from the states/pattern parts in the past and they dont cure the fault or dont work for whatever reason, nearly everyone ends up going out and buying a Honda One, hey presto, faults all gone.

And truupR i totally disagree that honda parts are more expensive. they may be more expensive than some poor quality chinese produced replica motorfactor parts but compared to like for like items they are very reasonable, even cheaper in some cases,

just look at the price for genuine Brembo pads and rotors from a motorfactor, or a battery, then get a quote from honda, you will be suprised at the price.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Just to confirm, this HAS cured my engine code without me needing to reset it so the ECU done it itself so it must be doing something right, and when I mentioned I don't get better MPG I was averaging 150miles to £30 @ 139.6p or there abouts, last 2 tanks have only been 141miles so maybe I over reacted and maybe the ECU is still adjusting to the new o2 sensor?

All speculation of course.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
G Man said:
I'm interested to know if its Denso Honda use for this O2 sensor - it could be.

The next person to buy one from Honda, please post detailed pics of the part up before fitting - check for any markings or part numbers on it. Likewise with a Denso one from Rockauto.

It be nice to finally know if these two parts are the exact same or actually from different manufacturers.
Brand new Genuine Honda O2 Sensor, received this morning

Identical part number to what I removed from the car. 192400-1091

truupR

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
And truupR i totally disagree that honda parts are more expensive. they may be more expensive than some poor quality chinese produced replica motorfactor parts but compared to like for like items they are very reasonable, even cheaper in some cases,

just look at the price for genuine Brembo pads and rotors from a motorfactor, or a battery, then get a quote from honda, you will be suprised at the price.
I understand that the majority of 'branded' parts like the Brembo, Mugen and Gruppe's of this world are going to be expensive. That said I find a lot of the parts that are supplied by Honda are rather pricey given my history of car ownership has been all Vauxhall and Ford. I don't have deep pockets so the smallest increase in maintaining my vehicle in terms of buying new parts, is very noticeable for me :<

But, when all is said n done - I'll probably end up buying a genuine o2 sensor just for piece of mind. It just means the camber arms will have to wait abit longer :[

Mark_teg

Staff member
That said I find a lot of the parts that are supplied by Honda are rather pricey given my history of car ownership has been all Vauxhall and Ford.
That's your problem right there mate, the honda will outlast any ford or vauxhall ;)

As boring as it may be, maintenance always comes before modifications..

JezW

Advanced Member
I haven't read any negative reviews about these sensors anywhere online, I've also looked outside of the dc5 forum. Surely they're the same as what Honda supplies...

The main difference in price is probably due to:

-Honda putting the sensors through their inventory
-Repackaging in a Honda box
-An extra step in the distribution chain

Steve_DC5

Advanced Member
The one from Rock Auto works perfectly fine for me.
Mine arrived in just little over a day from ordering at £110 all in. Saving of over £65 definitely worth it.

They are made by Denzo exactly the same as the Honda ones. People need to stop shitting them selves over nothing. They read the same when I looked at my datalogs.

All the Honda Parts dealers I tried were £190ish Tegiwa was cheapest at £175 but not sure if that included postage.

If people want to pay more for piece of mind then that's fine, if your a thrill seeker go for the Rock Auto one and blow the change on some beer and a lap dance.

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Steve_DC5 said:
The one from Rock Auto works perfectly fine for me.
Mine arrived in just little over a day from ordering at £110 all in. Saving of over £65 definitely worth it.

They are made by Denzo exactly the same as the Honda ones. People need to stop shitting them selves over nothing. They read the same when I looked at my datalogs.

All the Honda Parts dealers I tried were £190ish Tegiwa was cheapest at £175 but not sure if that included postage.

If people want to pay more for piece of mind then that's fine, if your a thrill seeker go for the Rock Auto one and blow the change on some beer and a lap dance.
I'm not going to comment on the Rock Auto ones as I can't. They could have near the 100% reliability levels as the ones sourced from Honda/ maybe are the same ones. Who knows?

What I will say though is the worry of sourcing an O2 sensor not from Honda is justified. LOTS of people have tried Denso ones that look exactly the same as the ones from Honda and a number of them have failed. This has not been the case with ones sourced via Honda.

TGM have the same experience and as you can imagine will have ordered/changed more O2 sensors than most if not anyone in the UK for a DC5.
IIRC someone has actually opened up a Honda and non-Honda sourced O2 sensor before and found an extra wire, or something along those lines.

At the end of the day of course it's up to the individual owner what they want to do, but it would be irresponsible to not bring up what many people have found since the first tegs were imported to present.

truupR

Advanced Member
For me in my current situation means if I do go genuine, a set of front track rod ends will have to wait another month. Which is why this one is so tempting, 2 birds with one stone and all that. I'm literally on the fence as going genuine if the aftermarket one doesn't work would mean a hefty £300 total to get the result of no EML with a correctly functioning o2 sensor...

but 'dem track rod ends :(( I'll post up my results if I do go aftermarket and let you know how I get on.

Steve_DC5

Advanced Member
blueguy said:
I'm not going to comment on the Rock Auto ones as I can't. They could have near the 100% reliability levels as the ones sourced from Honda/ maybe are the same ones. Who knows?

What I will say though is the worry of sourcing an O2 sensor not from Honda is justified. LOTS of people have tried Denso ones that look exactly the same as the ones from Honda and a number of them have failed. This has not been the case with ones sourced via Honda.

TGM have the same experience and as you can imagine will have ordered/changed more O2 sensors than most if not anyone in the UK for a DC5.
IIRC someone has actually opened up a Honda and non-Honda sourced O2 sensor before and found an extra wire, or something along those lines.

At the end of the day of course it's up to the individual owner what they want to do, but it would be irresponsible to not bring up what many people have found since the first tegs were imported to present.
The thread is about the one from rock auto though.

Not some random O2 sensor that happens to be made by denso.

fly chicken

Advanced Member
I end up bought a oem one from tegiwa on xmas day ,It's 10% off so about £160 all in .
one year warranty :)

gixer750

Advanced Member
just ordered a denso one from rockauto, £95 using the discount code (cheers for that!)
my engine light is intermittently on so its time to do something about it.

JezW

Advanced Member
^^No worries gixer.

I work in the engineering industry and asked colleagues about this. They said that it would not make sense for a parts manufacturer to have multiple production lines for the same part. If Denso state that this sensor is for an RSX (or a DC5 I suppose, but that's another question), then it would be the same sensor that Honda/Acura fit to new vehicles and supply to customers.

Comparing the serial numbers marked on a sensor from Rock Auto and a sensor from Honda is unlikely to prove anything because companies often request that their own part numbers are used. ie. Denso will have their own generic part number, but may well put a different part number on the same sensor before they're sent to Honda.

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Steve_DC5 said:
The thread is about the one from rock auto though.
Not some random O2 sensor that happens to be made by denso.
My point was Honda sourced Vs non-Honda sourced.

A 'handful' of people on here with rock auto ones from a couple of years does not prove they are reliable as the hundreds that have been sourced from Honda for the last 11 odd years.

I'm not knocking them. As said earlier I'm making people aware (particularly for the newer members) of why there is this concern around O2 sensors.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
I have my OEM one that got removed if anyone would like me to post it to them so they can open it up? (I think it Italy got cut out of the exhaust plus it brought up a CEL so don't think you'll be getting posted a free O2 sensor haha)