Regrets!?? Wishes?? Opinions!?

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
I'm intrigued what people have done to their cars and wished they hadn't / what they havnt done to their cars but wish they had!

I'm completely standard atm and am starting to save some money up, not sure what to do first and interested in people opinions as to what they would do starting from standard again!

Also wanna make sure I don't make the same mistakes as others, and also what peoples future dreams are!

Thanks!

muffinman

Advanced Member
Definately handling mods first, so springs/coilovers with camber arms etc, and then a decent frsu.

Second probably a set of decent discs, pads and fluid change.

adam.

Advanced Member
Nothing.

I love everything I've done. :)

Mayyyybe the tyre noise on the R888R is a bit much, but meh.

Question.

Does any one regret going forced induction?

Jvzr

Advanced Member
Iv no real regrets.
I tend to over think most mods and ask questions alot so that I leave little room for regret.

Maybe buying the rsm, as it's now just thrown in the glove box, but was cheap so not a regret as such...just a bit pointless

kammy11

Advanced Member
As said above suspension mods firstly. There totally transform an already great handling car. Then you can move only exhaust/intake etc :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Well I for sure do not regret going forced induction. The car can 100% handle the extra power. You have to do everything first though as all the normal N/A mods are needed to support the SC / Turbo.

I think i regret spending so much money on my car though. I have an excel sheet with every thing i have spent on the car, even down to the odd bolts and screws etc... It really does accumulate when you start adding things up!! I reckon I could recoup the majority if it, if i was to break it.

I do wish i bought a Black DC5 though kind of. But then again that may be cos i have owned a blue one for so long. I don't regret buying the DC5 but i think if i could go back i would go RWD or 4wd.

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
I regret not having the suspension modified and setup sooner.
I regret not having it mapped sooner
I regret the engine mount inserts and would like to put Mugen mounts instead
I sometimes regret my loud exhaust but also love it haha

dave7368

Advanced Member
l don't regret any of the mods, though a few of them definitely wouldn't be very daily friendly, but it's not a daily so no problems for me, l might regret the latest mod coming next month, won't know til it's done though and will be too late then to worry about it. :xgrin:

nsxer

Advanced Member
Nice to read that majority believe sorting out handling is priority, as this is the route I have planned along with major service, replacement of consumables, fluids etc.

I thought this was better than chasing bhp and exterior dress up etc as the car sits nicely in OEM form. So this will be were my savings and cash will be put into.

Just having to bide my time for collection due to many things happening in life that I have little/no control over.

Albeit the lure of purchasing an FD2 over the dc5 is on my mind ...

Linus27

Advanced Member
I don't really regret my mods but frustrated I have ended up where I am. My DC5 was going to be part daily/part track so FRSU and Spoon Springs. Plus AEM V2, Spoon 2-1, Spoon B-Pipe and a variety of back boxes and K100 remap. However, now the car is going more track focused, I am in need of changing everything again.

So, hindsight is a wonderful thing but if I was starting again then I would probably keep the OEM Airbox, do the Hondata mod and get a Spoon filter. I certainly wouldn't muck about trying different exhausts and just get either a Mugen Twin Loop catback or Fujitsubo RM01A catback. I would also get get a 4-2-1 manifold rather than just the Spoon 2-1 and the RBC inlet and then get it mapped. The FRSU is a no brainier and the Spoon Spring have served their purpose but I would just get Bilstein B16 coilovers next time which is what I am getting next for the car.

The only thing I don't regret is getting the TGM big brake kit as its amazing.

So I would say, try and think where you want to get with the car in terms of mods before making any purchases.

RichA

Advanced Member
I'd say my biggest regret was buying a DC5 as a track toy/weekend toy, I would say it is more suited to being a really good fun daily without changing too much on it. In my situation an ek9 or dc2 would have been a better shout - especially now prices are marching up!

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
I regret replacing my IAAV with a working one but that's about it :) love every minute of the thing.

impne

Advanced Member
Regret selling my first one 10 years ago and waiting until the other week to get another.
Suspension and set up is first on my list and enjoy it.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
I kind of regret getting springs instead of coilovers. Other then that, nothing.

As said above, decent suspension set up first then get a good set of tyres.... then power mods.

ChrisJDMDC5

Advanced Member
I wouldn't say I regret it but Black was my first choice and a white one came up from a friend and the condition/miles it was just too good to pass up!

I like CW but black is so much more aggressive I think!

Fez

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
I kind of regret getting springs instead of coilovers. Other then that, nothing..
Snap! I love the springs on the road, couldn't be happier, but on track i really wish i had coilovers.

Pursey

Has anyone regretted selling their's? Thinking of selling up soon but feel like I'll regret it