Regrets!?? Wishes?? Opinions!?

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Thanks for your replies guys! Been on holiday so sorry for the silence!

So definitely seems to go for setup and suspension first!

And a realy good point about thinking what I want her for! Something I will have a good old think about!

And yes, according to everything I have read you will always regret selling one! 😄

Looks like my pennies will be going towards a good setup, so what's people favourates?

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
Depends what you want I have eibachs pro springs with front camber bolts & rear adjustable camber arms with a frsu (fast road set up) which is ideal for day to day driving plus a good old b-road blast & the odd track day or if you a thinking of a turning it into a track car coilovers just depends on budget? Hope that helps

Proctor

Advanced Member
I regret cutting my scuttle for my old Teg M intake... a new one is rarer than gold dust

impne

Advanced Member
I text Integrasella seller Wednesday and got a skuttle today 👍

This is one of only 3 cars out of around 60 I've regretted selling.

First was last registered chevette 2.3 HS
Second was my teg from 10 years ago
Third accord tourer 8th gen modified with aero kit

This teg is staying 😊

p1tse

Advanced Member
impne said:
I text Integrasella seller Wednesday and got a skuttle today 👍

This is one of only 3 cars out of around 60 I've regretted selling.

First was last registered chevette 2.3 HS
Second was my teg from 10 years ago
Third accord tourer 8th gen modified with aero kit

This teg is staying 😊
60 motors!

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
I'm thinking it's gunna be a daily with the odd blast, doubt I can afford the track life just yet!

60 cars is absurd! Lol

Thanks gordy!

So what are other peoples favourate set up for daily and b road blasting?

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
There are loads of threads on suspension, exhausts, remaps etc. A good search will help you find all the threads with everyone's experiences

Best to read it all so you get the good and the bad then make your decision

MrRy

Advanced Member
I have a long list of regrets with my dc2 that I turbocharged prematurely, starting with actually buying it in the first place! No regrets with the DC5 as I learned my lesson, it's been so reliable and trouble free, but it helps always being pre-emptive with servicing and what not. Sort the bushes, suspension, tyrea and Geo first (if it needs it), then brakes, finally look at the engine if you feel the need. I don't feel enough of a need yet, standard it is awesome fun and I'd rather have a few good holidays than spend xxxx on engine mods and a remap. Horses for courses and it's down to your priorities in life :)

hamks18psi

Advanced Member
Shortstuff said:
I regret not having the suspension modified and setup sooner.
I regret not having it mapped sooner
I regret the engine mount inserts and would like to put Mugen mounts instead
I sometimes regret my loud exhaust but also love it haha
What's the difference on putting Engine Mount Insert and replacing OEM one to Mugen?
I went to TGM few months ago, they suggest putting engine mount insert sooner rather than later. Would it be a good move?

hamks18psi

Advanced Member
I regret being a father, because later I found my wife she does not like being a mother. Being a responsible father and husband, two of my sport cars are always placed in the last priority. What a shame I don't even have time to give them a wash.

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
hamks18psi said:
What's the difference on putting Engine Mount Insert and replacing OEM one to Mugen?
I went to TGM few months ago, they suggest putting engine mount insert sooner rather than later. Would it be a good move?
Basically the OEM ones break (normally the front ones common issue) due to being like a web so the inserts sit in between the web & stiffen it up there are still made of polyurethane unlike the OEM which are rubber nothing wrong with them just a cheaper option than paying Honda £100 for one or mugen ££££ Had mine in for 4 years now still there & doing the job. Hope that helps.

hamks18psi

Advanced Member
Gordydc5 said:
Basically the OEM ones break (normally the front ones common issue) due to being like a web so the inserts sit in between the web & stiffen it up there are still made of polyurethane unlike the OEM which are rubber nothing wrong with them just a cheaper option than paying Honda £100 for one or mugen ££££ Had mine in for 4 years now still there & doing the job. Hope that helps.
Just research a bit about Mugen Engine mount, but don't find any common DC5 shop garage selling them. Where did you get it from?
Did you just change 2 out of 3 pieces or whole set?

TGM guys sold me the deteriorating condition on front engine mount, so I have a plan to add the insert. But your Mugen engine mount suddenly made me feeling there is a further better option available.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Ive got a set coming over from japan via injection imports. The set replaces the front, and both side mounts bit not the rear. Ill be getting a new OEM rear mount to freshen them all up together, but Mugen only sell the set of three. Odd

MrRy

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Ive got a set coming over from japan via injection imports. The set replaces the front, and both side mounts bit not the rear. Ill be getting a new OEM rear mount to freshen them all up together, but Mugen only sell the set of three. Odd
Could it be the main purpose of the mugen mounts is to alter the engine angle rather than being that much stiffer than OEM?

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
The engine mount inserts make the engine mounts a lot stiffer. Main reason people do it is when they have aftermarket manifold

However the Mugen mounts are stiff enough for the manifold but no where near as stiff as having inserts

Maxvr6 has Mugen mounts and I have the inserts and huge difference. Much nicer to live with Mugen mounts

hamks18psi

Advanced Member
Shortstuff said:
The engine mount inserts make the engine mounts a lot stiffer. Main reason people do it is when they have aftermarket manifold

However the Mugen mounts are stiff enough for the manifold but no where near as stiff as having inserts

Maxvr6 has Mugen mounts and I have the inserts and huge difference. Much nicer to live with Mugen mounts
This is very helpful info!!! I think members or any new DC5 owners really need to dig out (reading) a lot before we know more detail like you said.

I have OEM manifold, and don't have plan for performance upgrade (only focus on handling in track use). So, I would go for Insert option after hearing your comment. Cheers!

p1tse

Advanced Member
Shortstuff said:

I believe mine has the inserts, as the previous owner put it on, so I have no idea what it's like without and have no grumbles with them on

The engine mount looks like a perishable item, with the top visible starts having hair line cracks. Mine is good for now but would be tempted with the mugen options when required

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
I believe mine has the inserts, as the previous owner put it on, so I have no idea what it's like without and have no grumbles with them on

The engine mount looks like a perishable item, with the top visible starts having hair line cracks. Mine is good for now but would be tempted with the mugen options when required
It is like night and day.

When i had mine fitted i thought it was great until everything started to rattle and its like having french car again

Mark_teg

Staff member
Patch_teg said:
After reading this thread I'm curious whether they sell them for the fn2! They sound like a nice compromise, the cost being the only issue possibly..