Repairing Paint to Calipers

Evs

Advanced Member
Nice work and thanks for posting the how-to xthumbup

A bit OT but what's that pan you've got under the brakes? Looks like a well-designed drainage pan? :)

Westie

:lol: yep, Honda cardboard box required, part no 84640-st7-j00za, included with rear plastic boot panel, DC2 :)

Gunn79

Advanced Member
Westie said:
Got the lacqure from brooks paints(01708 342560) £20.38 delivered next day, motip heat resistant paint product no ART 04033, Thanks for pointing out the wheel.....not! :lol:
Ordered some today - Hopefully get round to it this weekend :D

logik

Advanced Member
Great job westie, how much did it cost you got all of the items and also how many hours to do them both?

Westie

Hi Logic, breakdown of costs:

tin of degreaser £3.20 (autofactors)
lacquer £20.38 (expensive but you'll only have to do it the once)still got half a can left enough to do the rear if needed.
Masking tape £1 (from the pound shop!!)
Wet and dry Approx £1 per sheet total £4
White sprit I had in the garage £0

Total somewhere around £30ish

As Above mate, it took approx 4-5 hrs but I was doing other things in between the lacquer drying, as with most things on the car it seems to take more time than you estimate :? unless I'm particularly slow at doing things!!!
it's been a couple of months since I re did the callipers and the quality of the lacquer has been worth the cost and I wouldn't recommend the halfrauds alternative
Hope this helps, Mark

logik

Advanced Member
Thanks mate.

Very cheap input for the quality results, i will be doing this for sure.

phil r

Advanced Member
just ordered a tin from the above number ( brooks paints ) £ 24 delivered to your door

logik

Advanced Member
phil r said:
just ordered a tin from the above number ( brooks paints ) £ 24 delivered to your door
Aye i am going to get a can asap and do mine maybe at the end of June. Looks sweet for the amount of money spent on it.

jreedy27

as the above said does anybody no the correct paint code for the brembo callipers as my paint has flaked off. Cheers

jreedy27

as the above said does anybody no the correct paint code for the brembo callipers as my paint has flaked off. Cheers

Yan_man

Advanced Member
it is very strange that the red brembo's.i had GTR R33 with some black ones on them and never had this problems i had the car for 4 years and the calipers were like new.

Gaz DC5

Advanced Member
I need to be doing this soon, my calipers looks almost pink!

Does anyone know where i can get the high temp. laquer from besides brooks??

jay82

Advanced Member
Gaz DC5 said:
I need to be doing this soon, my calipers looks almost pink!

Does anyone know where i can get the high temp. laquer from besides brooks??
i found a tin on ebay but theres a few places in england that do high temp laquer but wouldn't send to ireland :(
so just google it to find them.
was also thing about putting a clear coat of paint on them before hand to help protect the paint

BillyMcc

Advanced Member
I heard it was cheap acid based alloy wheel cleaner that damages the laquer on the callipers.

I use soap and water now.

Still to repair my drivers side caliper though.

Can anyone confirm whether the heat gun is neccessary?