Shell V-Power Nitro + (Reviews/Comments)

Riz

Advanced Member
itrsarg said:
Just tried to put another tenner in of nitro, but the bloody cue all I can see is about 20 saxos & 30 corsas & some twat in a vtr claiming 300bhp :)
Haha, reminds of when I was 16 and people were claiming optimax would make their moped go 80mph :)

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I remember going from 95 octane to optimax and not really noticing until I was used to optimax then filled with 95 one day. Guess that won't be an option this time as it's not like you can go back to optimax to compare!

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Got my 3rd fill up today, after having to test drive my car every day for the last few days to see if my problem is fixed (it is)...

Woman was telling me Ferraris have been there today filling up with it ha ha.

Shell's profits must have gone through the ROOF!

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Pretty sure ferrari owners would have been using v-power before the rebrand. Can't see ferrari owners filling up at asda lol.

My initial thoughts are:
Looks like v-power
Smells like v-power
Tastes like v-power
And goes exactly the same as v-power

No noticeable difference.

Dan34

Advanced Member
CaLi said:
Pretty sure ferrari owners would have been using v-power before the rebrand. Can't see ferrari owners filling up at asda lol.
Oh you'll be surprised! haha. I've seen many 'supercar' owners put 95 in.

Mark_teg

Staff member
CaLi said:
Pretty sure ferrari owners would have been using v-power before the rebrand. Can't see ferrari owners filling up at asda lol.<br /><br /><br />My initial thoughts are:<br /><br />Looks like v-power<br /><br />Smells like v-power<br /><br />Tastes like v-power <br /><br />And goes exactly the same as v-power<br /><br /><br />No noticeable difference.
<br /><br /><br />This!!^^<br /><br />Put some in, no difference to me. Just rebranded optimax, I mean vpower ;) with different additives to cover themselves legally with the name change.

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
CaLi said:

My initial thoughts are:
Looks like v-power
Smells like v-power
Tastes like v-power

You tasted it?! :D

dc55_11

Advanced Member
I filled up full tank yesterday with the Nitro+ and to be honest felt quite a bit of difference and my car is standard apart from induction kit , Noise always is improved and whole car felt more responsive not the world of difference but it was noticeable good stuff!! :D

Altecians

Advanced Member
Was filling up at the local shell and realised they just switched over to this. No difference except for the name, probably to differentiate from V-power Diesel or something.

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
Filled up and not really noticed any difference but then again i have only driven about 30 miles on it

dave c

400hp K20
CaLi said:

My initial thoughts are:
Looks like v-power
Smells like v-power
Tastes like v-power

this + 1

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I've just filled up for the third time too with this stuff. Garage said they have had it for about 2 weeks. Not a massive difference. Probably a placebo. But I've put the J's oil smoother in too. Bad timing really. Enjoying the car though! Another £70 of fumes this week.

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
Filled up the whole tank yesterday, as suspected. Not much of a difference than the original vpower :(

Brockstar89

Advanced Member
CaLi said:

My initial thoughts are:
Looks like v-power
Smells like v-power
Tastes like v-power

This +2

Bbterri

Advanced Member
CaLi said:
My initial thoughts are:
Looks like v-power
Smells like v-power
Tastes like v-power

This +3
I seem to have a hint of petrol smell when driving normally anyone else notice this?
I usually only get a hint of petrol smell when im driving abit more agressive.
I do have a few mods and kpro

Riz

Advanced Member
TEGL33 said:
This +3
I seem to have a hint of petrol smell when driving normally anyone else notice this?
I usually only get a hint of petrol smell when im driving abit more agressive.
I do have a few mods and kpro
My car doesn't smell of petrol, it is standard though.

I've never had a car thats smelt of petrol, and would be worried if it did :s