Shell V-Power Nitro + (Reviews/Comments)

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Mmmm, you shouldn't be getting a petrol smell in the cabin at all.

Check your Fuel Pump at the rear of the car (under the rear seats) see if the smell is coming from there, could be a slight leak somewhere.

Bbterri

Advanced Member
It mite just be me but now and again i would get a little smell of petrol. Its not a strong smell or anything i just think i can smell hints of petrol. I have had people in my car and nobody has ever really mentioned of it. So mite just be paranoid

Bbterri

Advanced Member
Not to sure now it mite be when the window is open 😣 i havnt smelt it today. Gonna have a look around over the weekend see if i have leaks but doubt it cause im always in and around the car washing messing about etc and dont have any petrol smells

mark type r

Advanced Member
Filled the Evo up with this stuff yesterday.
I'll let you know if there's any difference with teh boost

chrex

Advanced Member
Its the same RON rating...so it's not going to give massive performance increases - it's been designed to protect better rather than increase performance i think, with a reduction of up to 25% in friction. One of the ways i convince people that VPower was/is better for your car that regular stuff is down to the protection/cleaning/cooling properties it has as a fuel. For example - If you run VPower, you don't have to put things like Redex through the system as the fuel already does it.

I filled up with it today, and i wont be expecting any performance gains, but i know it's working hard where i cant see :)

killally

This is probably more a pyschological feeling in difference, but it feels like it can rev a tiny bit higher than usually would/can and the induction noise roars a bit louder than usually would. crossover is quite immense too! this is coming out from a wee b16b though.

Marshall-P

Advanced Member
All the way to Japfest and back on it and no real difference. I am sure they have slightly changed the additives used and then the marketing machine took over.

c7frw84

Advanced Member
Been filling up with this for the past few weeks and haven't noticed any difference.

Erm

Advanced Member
IMO the engine runs quieter on it

even the mrs noticed it was quieter in the cabin on a long motorway drive without me mentioning anything.