Shell V-Power...points?

JezW

Advanced Member
Not that it would amount to much but I've never received any Shell points.

Deep in the Shell website it states that you only get rewards if you've gained 500 points over a quarter.

Has anyone received anything for their points? I'm easily getting 500 points in a quarter and get nothing!

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Have you registered your card?? I recieve £7 off fuel vouchers and other extra point goodies often.

scottj15

Advanced Member
I've just logged in and had a look at my statement... 1166 points in the last 3 months but I haven't had any vouchers yet? I only started using Shell again in June so I'm guessing vouchers will be sent out end of September if it's done quarterly?

The thing that annoys me is half the vouchers sent out are to receive double points! Seems like collecting points for the hell of it. We want money off Shell!

JezW

Advanced Member
ye jimmer my card is registered, that statement is off the shell points website

dc55_11

Advanced Member
I receive them quite often like above with vouchers and bonus points also money off but not much max ive had is £7 off

blueguy

Resident J's whore
From what I remember you're supposed to choose what rewards you want to receive from your points as a default, then whatever you chose e.g. fuel vouchers will be sent to you once you qualify with enough points. If you don't select an award, nothing will be sent to you. Those double point vouchers etc are not rewards from points. They are sent to all Drivers club members every so often.

dave7368

Advanced Member
what a waste of time and effort, when i worked in the UK i used a shell card to get points, on both our cars and on my works vehicles worked out to be worth about £3 free fuel every quarter, not worth bothering to get your card swiped for..

Riz

Advanced Member
I guess I won't be getting anything for my £20ish fuel costs per week then :( ahhh well, it's not like I'd be putting Asda fuel in the car anyway.

Erm

Advanced Member
Ok I've just had an email saying i've got 779 points.... check online and i've got well over 1000... not received anything for them despite choosing what reward I want... Has there ever been a more confusing reward card system?

scottj15

Advanced Member
Finally had my vouchers come through today for April-June so you might start getting them too. £3 money off, 55 points when I'v filled up another 4 times and 100 points if I but some screen wash.

All helps I suppose but I wouldn't be too bothered if I didn't fill up with V-Power all the time anyway.

Brophy

Advanced Member
I've just has 13 quid come through ;)

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

13 quid :eek: i just got £3.50 lol

Erm

Advanced Member
BTW its triple points on Vpower at the moment... so instead of the usual 2 points per £ you get 6 at the moment... until 30th sept

So 83.33333333333333333333 litres should get you a £2.50 off voucher if I understood the points to money off vouchers right and I did my maths right...

bargain... not!

Riz

Advanced Member
Erm said:
BTW its triple points on Vpower at the moment... so instead of the usual 2 points per £ you get 6 at the moment... until 30th sept

So 83.33333333333333333333 litres should get you a £2.50 off voucher if I understood the points to money off vouchers right and I did my maths right...

bargain... not!
That would bring it down to the same price as momentum. Unless my local shell is particularly expensive at 146ppl.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Riz said:
That would bring it down to the same price as momentum. Unless my local shell is particularly expensive at 146ppl.
Yes that is expensive. I pay about £142.9 in Bristol.

Do you have the Shell App? I have it and every now and then they send you an offer. For example;

Offer comes through Tuesday saying fill up with 15 litres by Sunday and get 100 extra points.

They all add up but yes, the exchange rate is crap. Lol

Dan34

Advanced Member
I appear to have 3500 points sitting on my account. Must be due another voucher soon!

scottj15

Advanced Member
Dan34 said:
I appear to have 3500 points sitting on my account. Must be due another voucher soon!
Might be worth signing into your account and making sure you have vouchers selected as your reward.

That should be £17.50 of vouchers!

Riz

Advanced Member
Even with the app it doesn't seem like it's worth it. Wasn't so bad, but it has gone up 5ppl in the last month and I feel that they are taking the urea. It's also 8 miles away in a direction I don't normally travel often with queueing traffic.

Put momentum in the car this morning for 7ppl cheaper, so will stick with that for the time being.

Riz

Advanced Member
Just opened my post to find I have £2.50 off from shell :)

Weird coincidence.

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Got mine today, £7.50....That's fueling my two cars and two vans........Makes ya wonder if it's worth the hassle,1500 point's worth :(

T.G.