Solid Fabrications 3" Track Exhaust DC5

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Midnight said:
This was our initial thinking, however Solid Fabricarions state this is an 'off the shelf' part and is there 'bread and butter exhaust'.

So while I do agree the car should have been there, the fact we got told it's an exact fit (or similar worded) we thought it'd be fine.

Don't get me wrong. It looks amazing and the workmanship on the welds are amazing. But it does seem it was EP3 specific or ours was at the very least...
i will agree with this, as i did leave my car there and got it fitted by them cause i do have a buddy club body kit and my end is different. I would say .. call Alan .. and get it sorted mate.. he will get it how you like it ..

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Even if there's some sort of disclaimer to say if you don't bring the car isn't not going to fit 100%. Still hope you get it sorted, it's the most frustrating thing ever paying for something and it doesn't fit that's all. I feel for Midnight in the sense he's spent all that money and told it'll fit. I've looked at SF and their work is top notch and obviously they've done a lot of research and know what they're doing to achieve the power gains seen

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Midnight

Advanced Member
While I don't doubt Solid Fabrications would like to rectify a mistake and I guess it's our own fault for ordering a custom exhaust half the country away. But logistically and financially it wouldn't work with us having the car off the road for another week.

Like I've already said I feel it is an unbiased view as we've not contacted SF demanding a partial refund or anything of the sort. In fact last communication was brothers partner requiring about the big bore manifold. We'll just get the exhaust rectified locally and move on. 👍🏼

Midnight

Advanced Member
Unnamed_warrior said:
oh your not local.. ... i see. i would still get on to Alan .. seriously.. if your not happy .. he will sort it.
No, I'm in West Midlands and brother even further in Derbyshire.

In truth we are just going to get it corrected our end now, if still we are not impressed we'll go down the route of titanium which we wanted to avoid (££££).

Midnight

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:
Even if there's some sort of disclaimer to say if you don't bring the car isn't not going to fit 100%. Still hope you get it sorted, it's the most frustrating thing ever paying for something and it doesn't fit that's all. I feel for Midnight in the sense he's spent all that money and told it'll fit. I've looked at SF and their work is top notch and obviously they've done a lot of research and know what they're doing to achieve the power gains seen

Sam, you wouldn't believe the small niggles we've had trying to 'upgrade' the car. From the ARB, exhaust, brakes it just seems never ending.

However we'll get there in the end 😅

Fez

Advanced Member
I would contact Alan, he's a really good guy and i'm sure he'll sort it. Alsoi'm pretty sure his exhausts have life time warranty. (Correct me if im wrong)
Its alot of money to pay and for it not to fit properly, personally i'd want the company who supplied/made it to sort it. If Alan doesnt know theres a problem he could send many more out and be none the wiser.

Alan made my exhaust on my civic and the noise and fit was spot on, so im sure he will sort it.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Midnight said:
Sam, you wouldn't believe the small niggles we've had trying to 'upgrade' the car. From the ARB, exhaust, brakes it just seems never ending.

However we'll get there in the end
Glad you're seeing light at the end of the tunnel at least you've got the winter now to get it all sorted

Midnight

Advanced Member
Fez said:
I would contact Alan, he's a really good guy and i'm sure he'll sort it. Also I'm pretty sure his exhausts have life time warranty. (Correct me if im wrong)
Its alot of money to pay and for it not to fit properly, personally i'd want the company who supplied/made it to sort it. If Alan doesnt know theres a problem he could send many more out and be none the wiser.

Alan made my exhaust on my civic and the noise and fit was spot on, so im sure he will sort it.
I don't doubt 'Alan' would like to sort the problem, what I'm saying is that it's not really a viable option for us. Especially when car was off the road for a week while being made. So another week off the road really isn't a solution for us.

What is, is getting it rectified locally within a day so the car can be dropped off and picked up the same day. Basically what should have happened to start with as other members have stated a 'custom' exhaust while not on the actual car could cause problems (evident).

However I do take on board the fact he might not be aware which I hope is not the case.

2ndy

Advanced Member
Bit shitty to come on posting about poor fitment when you haven‘t even spoke to the company about it.

Midnight

Advanced Member
2ndy said:
Bit excrementty to come on posting about poor fitment when you haven‘t even spoke to the company about it.
Now this is an interesting view, please explain?

Reading what I've already wrote what possible solution could an outcome be? It's not viable to send exhaust back. He apologise for a mistake? Offers a partial refund?

Neither of which really help with a realistic solution for us.

More to the point do you not feel it's 'excrementty' to send a 'bread and butter exhaust' out that clearly doesn't fit?

But us posting about it is wrong?

2ndy

Advanced Member
I justpersonally think it‘s a d ick move gurning about something over the internet when you haven‘t spoke to the manufacturer before hand and gave them a chance to explain

Midnight

Advanced Member
2ndy said:
I justpersonally think it‘s a d ick move gurning about something over the internet when you haven‘t spoke to the manufacturer before hand and gave them a chance to explain
But what help would it be too us having explained why it wasn't sent to us as a direct fit? I do agree Solid Fabricarions needs to know as for all we know they could of sent 10's of these out and no one has reported it.

However for us personally, nothing beneficial comes from SF being made aware. It also offers us an unbiased view e.g SF offer £30 partial refund but customer wanted £60 back.

By us not making any demands to fix, solve the problem we have an unbiased view on the item which has arrived to us.

Hi,

First time I have been on the forum in a while but a member directed me to this thread.

Every exhaust is made on my personal car to ensure perfect fitment.

Now the only thing I can't account for is what you have on your car.

Different rubbers and different fitting manifold.

Sometimes with manifolds like the DC sports or the eBay specials they are about 20mm shorter than the stock unit.

Also when lining up the flanges you have to be very careful to make sure they are perfectly lined up, a few mm here or there and it won't fit right.

I have made a bunch of these and the only problems I have experienced is when people don't have the correct hangers and they have a slightly shorter manifold.

If you message me on facebook or give me an email to SOLIDFAB.ac@googlemail.com I will try to help.

Regards

Alan

Having another read of the original post if the middle silencer is touching the chassis then it hasn't been fitted correctly.

This would cause the back box angle to be out of line.

Midnight

Advanced Member
Hello Alan,

Glad you've been pointed to this thread. I was going to contact you Monday and discuss and point you to the thread.

Can I be brutally honest here, all I've seen on your response is pointing the finger at everything else other than the exhaust itself. Now this specific car has had 3 different exhausts and only the SF having a problem with fitting.

Now I'm not exactly sure what was stated however I can get the conversion but if you are aware of 20mm difference between manifolds. As these are built to order is that not something that should be addressed before making the exhaust? Many DC5's have aftermarket manifolds so this in itself will create problems for both yourself and the customer.

Now I understand what you say about losing 20mm but you can clearly see from the pictures it's clearly more than 20mm.

Regarding incorrectly fitting, I'm unsure what you mean.The 2nd section has no other way to be fitted.

Again, not sure how the rubbers would adjust the length of the exhaust?

I'm glad you're now aware of this, but as stated to 4ndy this doesn't help us in anyway as we can't logistically and financially have the car off the road again.

If nothing else, I hope this thread helps other members/yourself be clear that this isn't a specific DC5 fitting exhaust in terms that something's need to be exact/and/or standard to fit.

We are indeed running a DC sports manifold which may/may not be causing some of the problems.

What I would like to do is leave this thread open as I've been honest, you can clearly answer questions to other potential buyers and may be helpful for someone in the future. Thank you for your reply and it's a shame it doesn't fit on our car correctly as our review (score out of 10) would of been higher.

Thank you.

Hi,

Was this exhaust for jennii by any chance?

If so I put extra angle on the back box as requested so it could have exaggerated the way it sits if it isn't quite bang on.

The reason I make every exhaust on my car is so that it fits perfectly before it goes out.

I'm away on holiday for 3 week and won't be back until the 12th of November so I may be unable to answer your calls.

If you Facebook or email me I'm happy to see if we can resolve any issues.

I have a picture of the exhaust on my car as it's just something I do before I send them out.

Regards

Alan

Midnight

Advanced Member
Hello Alan,

Yes, that's my the sister in law. Yes it was requested with an angle and titanium tip 👍🏼

Not sure of a resolution in truth as you are away, even if you was not. Getting the exhaust back to you means the car being off the road. So while I appreciate the offer to help at this moment in time it doesn't help.

I hope that this just highlights to potential new customers of SF that they either request addition 20mm (manifold dependant) or you ask the question.

20mm wouldn't of been enough for us but it would have been a start. We are short around 50-60mm to be perfect and have the titanium tip visible like other brands.

Thank you for your responses and hopefully this thread helps both you and new customers of SF 👍🏼

Hi midnight

This is what I do and I will aim to help everyone as much as I can. I tell you what I can do. When I get back I will send a couple flanges to you. This will allow you to space the exhaust out some more and should help with the fitment.

Regards

Alan

Midnight

Advanced Member
Hello Alan,

Thanks for the offer, it's already booked in Wednesday to be rectified. So we will not need the flanges, also booked in for other work not just specific to exhaust.

Never questioned the customer service and clearly it's evident to members you are willing to help. As keep stating for us it's not possible but it does show that you were willing. As i keep saying, thank you for that 👍🏼