Soon to be a DC5 owner if all goes well

MickyL

I would be fuming about this. He should at least offer to cover your fuel costs from messing you about.

krisfx

MickyL said:
I would be fuming about this. He should at least offer to cover your fuel costs from messing you about.
Unfortunately he only offered me an apology, but they don't really get you 180 miles back down the M1!

I can understand not wanting to sell it, it was a nice car, but it's really irritated me as you can imagine.

I suppose just be careful, he seemed very genuine, but I feel it should never have reached the stage of a viewing and test drive.

My budget is 6500+ maybe a little bit, so If anyone is selling one, please PM me, I fell in love with the car!

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
You should have slapped him mate 😡

Absolutely hate this sort of thing or when they say "yeah it's absolutely immaculate" only for you to view the car and it's a shit tub
They must think your just going to go blind all of a sudden 😂😂

krisfx

I agree mate, people who claim it's a minter but it's a lemon. Luckily this wasn't that bad. I think the owner is on here tbf but not sure!

Jvzr

Advanced Member
Thats Very annoying.
Pity it was actually a nice car, makes it that much bitter.

If its any help, I drove 700kms in one day, had kept touch with the seller everyday for a week, Drove up the day that suited him, After 350kms and 5 hours, And parked up in hes local garage.
Didnt answer hes phone, 30mins later he told me he sold the car, Some people had beat me to it and was sorry but that was it.

Supposdely he had me, and 2 other people arranged to view the car the same day to gaurentee himself a sale.
Annoyed wasnt the word, turned back to do another 350kms with out even seeing a car,

Mark_teg

Staff member
adm87 said:
As a rule of thumb, I know Torque convert their cars to miles before they go to their customers.......
Not all Torque GT cars odometers were converted unfortunately.

adamamuk

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
Not all Torque GT cars odometers were converted unfortunately.
ah ok, customer preference maybe?

I'm guessing this one had been just for the fact it has the little sticker over the 'k' so it just says 'm/h' on the dial.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Mark_teg

Staff member
adm87 said:
ah ok, customer preference maybe?
I'm guessing this one had been just for the fact it has the little sticker over the 'k' so it just says 'm/h' on the dial.
Sorry, I assumed you meant the mileage gets converted.

Speedo will have been converted and odometer counting in miles since the conversion. Some odometers were changed to show full distance converted in miles, some were left with some KMs and some miles, which gets confusing when selling on / buying.

The situation for the OP sounds annoying, but there'll be other cars come up for sale. Lots of great cars on this forum :)

adamamuk

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
Sorry, I assumed you meant the mileage gets converted.

Speedo will have been converted and odometer counting in miles since the conversion. Some odometers were changed to show full distance converted in miles, some were left with some KMs and some miles, which gets confusing when selling on / buying.

The situation for the OP sounds annoying, but there'll be other cars come up for sale. Lots of great cars on this forum :)
Haha, yea I did mean both Mark!

Even though then, there should hopefully still be some paperwork stating when the conversion had taken place

Yea, as you said, the forum is a fantastic place to find some great cars for sale as the owners would have had a passion for keep it in good working order. Along with this, the build threads are a brilliant tool for finding out the cars past.

krisfx

I've got a month to find one anyway so I am sure something in budget will come up that isn't a bin!

The forum is great, you guys have all been pretty good to me both with pre advice and post advice it's been faultless.

Really is just a shame it was a good car!

Instantly fell in love with it though so that's good.

My pal came off worse as he chauffeured me around in a very thirsty Scooby!

And JVZR that would have had me absolutely fuming, I think I'd have turned up just for a fight :')

p1tse

Advanced Member
That's a shame, but the seller should have told you before travelling.

Good luck with the hunt

There are some good examples on forum, but I've also noticed there are other good example ones on Facebook pages too; worth a shot on there too

krisfx

to be fair I've found a few in my price bracket, so I'm gonna try to hunt on here to find info about the cars!

krisfx

Patch_teg said:
That's a shame, but the seller should have told you before travelling.

Good luck with the hunt

There are some good examples on forum, but I've also noticed there are other good example ones on Facebook pages too; worth a shot on there too
I've had a look on uk honda parts and itr-dc2, do you know of any others?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Am I the only one that thinks £6500 is overpriced for a 120k Teg with a fag burn and worn seats/wheel? I wouldn't pay over £5k for it and then the rest would have to be immaculate!

krisfx

Chris. said:
Am I the only one that thinks £6500 is overpriced for a 120k Teg with a fag burn and worn seats/wheel? I wouldn't pay over £5k for it and then the rest would have to be immaculate!
I'm sort of agreeing now, I think DC5s are being sold by dreamers in a lot of cases, but I think people always will overvalue their pride and joy!

I've just seen another on 70k at 6500 ONO (so could lowball 6) with a brand new clutch and a full g/box rebuild, but sounds like it's had a hard life! Someone just asked 8k for one with similar miles and cond.

Is this car known on here?

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Think I said something simila earlier on here .7k would get a very decent example.

krisfx

Chris. said:
70k miles and that work is worth it I think, much more than the first one mentioned.
And the fact it's had a rebuild wouldn't worry you it's led a shit life?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Think I said something simila earlier on here .7k would get a very decent example.
Yeah there are a couple for sale on here I'd be looking at.

And the fact it's had a rebuild wouldn't worry you it's led a excrement life?
Depends on the life and rebuild reasons.