Subframe Rigid Collars

rascal69

Advanced Member
I will take 2 of 1 if it's the same thing as the spoon ragid collars.
What's the advantage of having 2 on the list?
Thanks

Stoo

Whining.....
Best bet is to give shaun at spd a call, (01772 299821) but he described it as the "full" bush kit which i believe is all the suspension components on the car and every bush that they require. He said that 1,2 & 3 would be the best value for money. It's fair to say that to replace all the bushes would incur a fairly heavy labour bill unless you had the means to do it yourself.

I asked about uprated roll bars too and he said that the stock ones were perfectly good for everything up to and including racing such as the vtec challenge.

I got the sense that a DC5 with a suspension upgrade plus items 1,2,3 + 4 if you can afford it, would be an incredibly competent setup :wink:
Mate, I'm in Afghan at the mo. Any chance of finding out for us please?
I can fit bushes no drama.
If 4 incorporates 1, 2 and 3, I'll just get the 4!
But if it is on top, thats £485!!

blueguy

Resident J's whore
I am now pretty sure the spd subframe locking kit is not the same as the Spoon rigid collars (not that it ever claims to be).

To me it looks like the Spoon kit comes with the collars and subframe locking washers. The SPD kit looks like it just comes with locking washers like it describes.

Spoon

rigid collars are the second line of washers as you can see they are elevated. Notice the taper also.

Spoon locking washers appear to be more substantial.

SPD

I'm not slating spd's product, it's great value for money and from what I've heard is a great product xthumbup. I'm just making it clear that they are not the same as Spoon's rigid collars and never claim to be.

Happy to be proved wrong.This is only from my observations.

dave c

400hp K20
I am now pretty sure the spd subframe locking kit is not the same as the Spoon rigid collars (not that it ever claims to be).

To me it looks like the Spoon kit comes with the collars and subframe locking washers. The SPD kit looks like it just comes with locking washers like it describes.

I'm not slating spd's product, it's great value for money and from what I've heard is a great product xthumbup. I'm just making it clear that they are not the same as Spoon's rigid collars and never claim to be.
Very fair point, I hadn't looked in as much detail. I think im still going to go for them as the theory is the same and reviews are good.

Stu, I'll give thema ring tomorrow but no option 4 is front and rear version of 3. 3 is just the bushes for the front plus castor increase.

Need to double check, i'll call them tomorrow and report back ;)

dave c

400hp K20
ok so full bush is kit, (item 4) is every bush thats on the car

The orders need to all come through me rather than individual payments however Shaun is happy to ship them out to differnet locations. He just wants all the items on one invoice to be able to apply the discount.

I'm ready to buy mine, Item 1, Item 2 and Item 3

Is anyone else ready? If we get 5 orders on one item I suggest we just order them now and then wait for more interest in the other items?

Item 3 is the front half of the kit so you wouldn't need to buy 3 & 4 it would be 3 or 4

Dan2020

Advanced Member
I'm ready too for what I want, I'll start the list again:

Dave C - Item 1 / 2 / 3
Dan2020 - Item 1 & 2

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
So I spoke to SPD today and got more info, he said he can do a discount on any 5 items, so they don't have to be the same.
Also the spoon collars compress into the subframe on install so that the subframe becomes one with the car.

These collars do not meaning the subframe can be removed if needed.
They take the space out arround the bolt of the subframe.

In that case we can order it!!!!!

dave c

400hp K20
sorry for the delay, i've been away, i am really busy at work so ill get on it later but i think we need to pay all through one person, so total up your item costs and ill do the same, infact if you pm me your numbers i'll give you both a call later and we'll go from there. sound good?

Dave

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
i could be very interested in the role centre adjusters.... im waiting on a email back from integrastella i will let you know when i do if thats ok

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
just to add i installed these today, very easy and the subframe is now ridgid!!! it wont move.
Good product!
J