Suspension options

spooke

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
As 2ndy says,.. could someone explain a bit clearer what's involved with the "flipping" of the top mounts please? Can it be done on standard top mounts? I'm guessing not...but I haven't seen otherwise as yet.

any info, or even better photos would be good ?

Thanks
Kevin85 said:
You have to swap the left and right top mounts. They will only mount one way.
tricker_luke said:
I thought it was swapping the top mounts left to right?

*posted this then saw the reply above!

Fez

Advanced Member
2ndy said:
In what way to you flip them? Be interested in doing it for abit more castor for free
I say flip, swap would probably have been a better word, use the left mount on right, right on left.

Thats all area do to their yellowspeed 'track' coilovers.

Looking at the rsx manual, facelifts have more castor than pfl's so im not sure what they changed there.

spooke

Advanced Member
Fez said:
I say flip, swap would probably have been a better word, use the left mount on right, right on left.

Thats all area do to their yellowspeed 'track' coilovers.

Looking at the rsx manual, facelifts have more castor than pfl's so im not sure what they changed there.
Yeah what Fez said :D, I believe the Facelift has it's strut tower closer to the cabin, hence giving more caster.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
So normally the top mounts would allow side to side adjustment for camber, but swapping them allows more of a diagonal adjustment by the looks of it, increasing caster?

spooke

Advanced Member
tricker_luke said:
So normally the top mounts would allow side to side adjustment for camber, but swapping them allows more of a diagonal adjustment by the looks of it, increasing caster?
Correct, you gain caster and camber at the same time. I've got -2.00' camber and whatever caster maxed out gives me.