Suspension thoughts UK roads

civic17_99

Advanced Member
TonksyDC5 said:
B16 all booked in at TGM for Friday 22nd ha ha. Money is over rated.

Might also throw on some sticky tyres as well if I can find people stocking AD08R in time.

*Update. AD08R (with RPB, was cheaper for some reason) ordered :)

Also means my OEM suspension with Eibach springs will be hitting the for sale forum and eBay soon.
I'd be very interested in how they are compared to your eibach spring and oem damper setup. I've got the spoon springs and they are bumpy on back roads and even small bumps you really do feel them.

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
When they have been installed and settled I will drop you a PM with an update. Or update this thread.
My Eibach setup has mostly been fine to be honest. Bit bumpy/crashy but nothing I didn't expect from having a lowered car.

I have experienced a floaty like feeling when... driving enthusiastically. But I am not sure if this is to do with the Goodyears or the suspension, or a combination of both. At this point in time I also don't have FRSU.

I'm not sure if my AD08R will arrive in time for fitting so if that's the case i'll be able to give a better idea of where the problem may have been.

Hurry up next Friday!

Kev.W

Advanced Member
I found this thread an interesting to read as I was considering BC coilovers but now I think I'm going to look into the Bilsteins B16!

Linus27

Advanced Member
Bilstein B16 is my next purchase over winter. Currently running OEM and Spoon Springs with FRSU but finding it crashy on road and a lot of roll on track. Now I am doing around 8 track days a year, it's time to get Bilsteins. Running AD08R's also which are incredible.

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
tricker_luke said:
Will be interesting to see if you get any, they've been on a global back order for about 2 months.
Just got 4 tracking numbers, so maybe they are in stock....

OP, sorry if I have hijacked your post ha ha ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adam.

Advanced Member
Linus27 said:
Bilstein B16 is my next purchase over winter. Currently running OEM and Spoon Springs with FRSU but finding it crashy on road and a lot of roll on track. Now I am doing around 8 track days a year, it's time to get Bilsteins. Running AD08R's also which are incredible.
8 TDs per year and you're still on OE dampers!

Linus27

Advanced Member
adamlstr said:
8 TDs per year and you're still on OE dampers!
Yeah, I got a bit carried away and that included Spa. Might be ten by the end of the year :) My saving grace is I did upgrade my brakes as well to the TGM big brake kit :)

adam.

Advanced Member
Linus27 said:
Yeah, I got a bit carried away and that included Spa. Might be ten by the end of the year :) My saving grace is I did upgrade my brakes as well to the TGM big brake kit :)
That's my next area to upgrade tbh. I thought some decent disks, pads and fluid would keep me happy. Isn't it the thick end of 3k for that BBK though?

Linus27

Advanced Member
adamlstr said:
That's my next area to upgrade tbh. I thought some decent disks, pads and fluid would keep me happy. Isn't it the thick end of 3k for that BBK though?
Yes, 3k although Tom thinks a little more now.

badeshi

Advanced Member
TonksyDC5 said:
When they have been installed and settled I will drop you a PM with an update. Or update this thread.

My Eibach setup has mostly been fine to be honest. Bit bumpy/crashy but nothing I didn't expect from having a lowered car.

I have experienced a floaty like feeling when... driving enthusiastically. But I am not sure if this is to do with the Goodyears or the suspension, or a combination of both. At this point in time I also don't have FRSU.

I'm not sure if my AD08R will arrive in time for fitting so if that's the case i'll be able to give a better idea of where the problem may have been.

Hurry up next Friday!
Please update this thread with thoughts on bilsteins compared to OEM/eibach... think I will try something different but need it to be enough of an improvement if you know what I mean!

B

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
Just back from FRSU and paying up. Will report back soon :)

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
All done and she's parked away in the garage again, for now.

Initial thoughts are good but I've not had chance to really test it all yet. One thing I have noticed is the turn-in seems much sharper, which is obviously down to the FRSU.

I've set them to their firmest setting, and yeah, they are firm. Will give it a little while but I might turn them down a few clicks.

The ride height has not been altered out the box and I'd say they sit lower than the Eibachs.

EP3 tie rod ends have been fitted.

Will report back when I've had a proper chance to drive her.

adam.

Advanced Member
You *might* need to shave the rear lower arm a little. The shock body catches under extreme load. A small trim and it's been fine since on mine.

I woul def leave them on the firmest setting, anything lower and it gets a little bouncy.

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
adamlstr said:
You *might* need to shave the rear lower arm a little. The shock body catches under extreme load. A small trim and it's been fine since on mine.

I woul def leave them on the firmest setting, anything lower and it gets a little bouncy.
Thanks for the heads-up. Will keep an eye on it and see how I get on.

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
Been out for an early morning blast. Yup, handling is massively improved. It was always going to be given the B16, AD08R and FRSU. But it's silly how well it grips and corners now compared to the F1's and OEM suspension with Eibach springs.

Little bouncy on uneven roads but I do have the hardest setting and they were pretty bumpy areas. So nothing unexpected.

Think I might need bigger bucket seats to keep me in place, and a baffled sump next ha ha.

Still early days but so far I am very very impressed!!

Don't know how the B16 compare to B14 but either would be a sound investment.