The painful wait!

DC5Adam

Hi guys

Have very recently bought a DC5 from Torque GT, wanted a fresh import and Darren found me a great low mileage example, now have the dreaded wait until collection day, hoping for it too arrive mid-late March and be ready in April.

Have wanted a DC5 for many years now and really cannot wait too get my hands on her!

Attachments

adamamuk

Advanced Member
Welcome to the forum mate

I too imported through TorqueGT as they're only a 15 min drive from me.
Nothing but good things to say about them as I still use them for servicing etc.

Hope the wait isn't too long! Lol.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

DC5Adam

Cheers dude.

Sadly I'm pretty much the other side of the country so won't be able to use the Torque guys for servicing etc.

I've been out of the Honda scene since 2012, had two EP3's and to be honest I regret getting rid of my 2nd one as spent a small fortune on it, been in Subaru's since then.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Welcome to the forum, Torque are great from all my conversations and transactions with them to date, my car was also imported by them and I love it so the wait will be worth it

DC5Adam

Thanks for the welcome guys, looking forward to going to a few meets once I have the car

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Ditto all of the above about Torque! Brilliant set of lads. Car looks tidy welcome to the best colour club 😎😂

ep3kamal

Advanced Member
Mine is a torque gt dc5 got it off of a seller on this forum one thing is make sure you get it derestricted as mine was meant to be but wasn't and I only found out when I bought it drove it home lol. The previous owner never went over 90 but was told they did derestrict it 😂

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
ep3kamal said:
Mine is a torque gt dc5 got it off of a seller on this forum one thing is make sure you get it derestricted as mine was meant to be but wasn't and I only found out when I bought it drove it home lol. The previous owner never went over 90 but was told they did derestrict it 😂
Mines Deffo derestricted 👀😅

DC5Adam

Right so update.

The car is Japan tomorrow and will be in the U.K. Mid/late March and if the timing works out correctly should be ready for pick up 1-2 weeks before my birthday, best present I could ever buy myself 😁

Rom

Advanced Member
Torque are crap! I'd never use them.

Nah I jest :) I got mine from them too, Darren is a top guy to deal with. Great communication and service. Even remembered my and the car at Japfest.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

rallye nick

Ditto what everyone else has said about torque, top guys! Darren kept me in the loop through the whole process, was a painful wait though!! Now I've got a similar wait for a nice new shiney Kakimoto Regu that josh has sorted for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
rallye nick said:
Ditto what everyone else has said about torque, top guys! Darren kept me in the loop through the whole process, was a painful wait though!! Now I've got a similar wait for a nice new shiney Kakimoto Regu that josh has sorted for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You will not be dissapointed with that exhaust mate!

Rom

Advanced Member
Oh, and for your own sake. Don't track the ship!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

DC5Adam

So the day finally came!

It was near on a 400 mile round trip but it was soooo worth it!

Darren and the team at Torque GT have found me a car in amazing condition, would never think that it's 14 years old this year.

Looking forward to getting to some meets with her now!

Will get some decent pictures up soon.