The painful wait!

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Danith said:
Yeah I'd be looking around 7-9k

Would take any colour really but would expect to pay less for not Cw?

I wouldnt want black seats though.
Main things would have to be sub 100k miles, coloured Recaros and zero rust/undersealed properly. And obviously not something that drank oil and didnt need a gearbox refurb :)
Your comment about CW fetching alot less isn't quite strictly true. Reason being is that there is a a substantial amount around compared with some other colours, black, red and silver etc.

7-9k should see a good Prefacelift DC5. 7 would be at the lower end of the spectrum. And may require work. But people's perception of whats clean does differ. Mine will be up for sale within the next 2 months and is extremely clean. It's Arctic Blue with 83k miles (won't increase alot don't drive it much) but I'll be posting the ad at the top end of your budget. It really is clean. It's a car from Torque GT that they imported for me towards the back end of 2015, I picked up early 2016. Won't go into much detail as I don't want to spam this thread anymore. Just firing it out there. It will be pretty much standard when it goes other than Camber arms front camber bolts, Vibratechnic engine mounts, retrimmed oem steering wheel and a few small bits of engine dress up.

Danith

Will be interested in that mate. I do like the arctics too and as said, condition, miles and seats are more important than colour.

We're off the ring tomorrow in the EP and then a brecons road trip end of July in my Meg - then I'll probably stick the megane on the market and start hunting for DC5s. N/a is my thing, turbo is good but prefer n/a. I've probably got the right combo of cars here but the wrong way around!

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Danith said:
Will be interested in that mate. I do like the arctics too and as said, condition, miles and seats are more important than colour.

We're off the ring tomorrow in the EP and then a brecons road trip end of July in my Meg - then I'll probably stick the megane on the market and start hunting for DC5s. N/a is my thing, turbo is good but prefer n/a. I've probably got the right combo of cars here but the wrong way around!
Yeah definitely! Have a good trip. You'll probably see one of my mates out there in CW DC5 (K20 FAK). Enjoy!

p1tse

Advanced Member
Danith said:
Grade 4 is the best grade I take it? What do you get with importing, over getting one already in the UK? I'm actually going over to Japan in March, would I gain anything by going over by going to look at some (if I can wait that long, lolz)
I'm unsure on grading, but seems a bit vague following a few who have had some on here. Even high grade fresh imports I hear of owners having some issues, as doesnt prove mechanical background.

One reason why I chose mine from a long standing member with a good background and been freshened up cosmetically and mechanically over the years

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
I'm unsure on grading, but seems a bit vague following a few who have had some on here. Even high grade fresh imports I hear of owners having some issues, as doesnt prove mechanical background.

One reason why I chose mine from a long standing member with a good background and been freshened up cosmetically and mechanically over the years
That's the risk with fresh imports, alot come with maintenance records (mine has some, Not all by any means) but I suppose your judging whether to make the purchase on the overall condition if the car and taking a view on it's history based on it's general condition and upkeep at that point.

You wouldn't buy a clean car with zero maintenance history, but on the flip side wouldn't want one with FSH if it looked like a dog. It's hard with fresh imports and I can see a reasons for buying in uk and buying fresh it's weighing it up and seeing whats right for you.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
That's the risk with fresh imports, alot come with maintenance records (mine has some, Not all by any means) but I suppose your judging whether to make the purchase on the overall condition if the car and taking a view on it's history based on it's general condition and upkeep at that point.

You wouldn't buy a clean car with zero maintenance history, but on the flip side wouldn't want one with FSH if it looked like a dog. It's hard with fresh imports and I can see a reasons for buying in uk and buying fresh it's weighing it up and seeing whats right for you.
Mine had absolutely no history whatsoever 😂😂

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
hollowaydc5 said:
Mine had absolutely no history whatsoever 😂😂

That wouldn't have put me off yours mate. It's lovely!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
That wouldn't have put me off yours mate. It's lovely!

Cheers mate, I got nothing from mine I've just changed everything so I know it's done

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
hollowaydc5 said:
Cheers mate, I got nothing from mine I've just changed everything so I know it's done

Best way mate!

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Tbh as long as you go with a reputable import company who care about the cars they import, you'll be fine