The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
C38 fella. Plainly because it won't put too much stress on the charger running 400 compared to the smaller c30 and it has the potential for more power if I want too without having to replace the expensive charger!

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Hooned around Oulton Park all day. Check out my vids in track chat!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Dc5Mike

Chelt_scene said:
C38 fella. Plainly because it won't put too much stress on the charger running 400 compared to the smaller c30 and it has the potential for more power if I want too without having to replace the expensive charger!
my c30 has been on for 6 years now so it's about time it got an upgrade, i'm going for one of the c38's as well in the winter for more POWER! :twisted:

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
Dc5Mike said:
my c30 has been on for 6 years now so it's about time it got an upgrade, i'm going for one of the c38's as well in the winter for more POWER! :twisted:
Is it you on my Instagram that's just fitted the devsport front diffuser?

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
Dc5Mike said:
Is it you on my Instagram that's just fitted the devsport front diffuser?

jammy02

Advanced Member
I'm all for window tints in general. But a dc5 being a true car enthusiasts csr doesn't require to look like it's been driven through halfords!

OliverV

It isn't the cheapo tint where you cant see outside or fades to purple.. I know what you mean with "halfords".
Everyone drives like this over here :) It just does not look bad when it has all the same tint all around. Worse view is when you see a bmw driver with front darker than the rear, well, that's max-rice i tell you..

for example a last years picture of the car, it does not look bad -

jammy02

Advanced Member
Fair points, I should imagine it looks sharp.
However, for a sprinted drive, or a track day I wouldnt want them. And let's be fair - you didn't buy one of the best fwd track orientated cars to go slow.

Like I said, I'm all for window tints.
All of my other cars have got them but not the dc5.
Just my thoughts on the matter :)

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Fitted the Vanner lowered rail.

As Integraleo mentioned in the HKS group buy thread, it's a little too low. I can see over the wheel but I find I'm having to strain to look at Junctions.

I'm going to give it a few weeks and if I'm not enjoying it it will be up for sale. It's more ideal for someone 6ft 2 up I'd say.

Bit disappointed but then again a lot of people did say that the Vanner is slammed.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I think it's lower than a Bride and possibly even the HKS.

It's pretty low like, a bit too low if I'm being honest. Not sure if I'm enjoying the lowness. lol