The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Fez said:
Fitted a Spoon 5.3 FD and ep3 6th gear

And because of all the extra torque 🙈

No way lol, good choice on the 5.3. Proper sucks about the driveshaft, must admit I've never seen many go over the years. Maybe this is why Honda don't give us any torque to start with lol

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Torque is for Golf drivers with big fat heavy cars :)

Think surprisingly, if you work out torque per kg, the k series on type R chassis isn't that bad :)

Sucks for the driveshaft though, guess doubling the torque was a shock to the poor bugger!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Fez

Advanced Member
Lol. Ever since i happened on my EK4 last year i was paranoid about it happening, but luckily it happened 5/6miles from home and not out on the Ring 2 weeks ago!
I'll get it apart tonight and replace it with an Insane shaft. Hopefully that will last another 15 years.

civic17_99

Advanced Member
Seems to be the common issue at the moment, i saw someone instagram with a snapped driveshaft and the drivers side shaft snapped on mine two weeks ago. Now fixed but good luck finding a brand new oem one, they're on back order until November at a eye watering price of £584 for the drivers side shaft. Managed to get a brand new oem one for mine, lets hope the other side one doesn't go now.

Fez

Advanced Member
civic17_99 said:
Seems to be the common issue at the moment, i saw someone instagram with a snapped driveshaft and the drivers side shaft snapped on mine two weeks ago. Now fixed but good luck finding a brand new oem one, they're on back order until November at a eye watering price of £584 for the drivers side shaft. Managed to get a brand new oem one for mine, lets hope the other side one doesn't go now.
That was mine 🙋🏼 lol

ChrisJDMDC5

Advanced Member
civic17_99 said:
£584!!? That's insane for ONE driveshaft!

ChrisJDMDC5

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
Agreed- Pretty sure you can get insane driveshafts for that? which are rated to 500bhp lol
I was thinking that you should easily be able to get higher rated aftermarket shafts for that!

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Youll have alot of trouble trying to find an aftermarket one that fits. Believe me haha

oem, or a good used dc5 is the best option if time is against you. Ep3 doesn't fit as its too short, and as your shaft is broken thats the bit that's going to get ya.

Even if you got a dc5 shaft with bad ends for cheap, you could use your current ends on it no problem. (Assuming they are ok still)

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Beppe, didn't you managed to get hold of some upgraded shafts for your old teg? I know tegiwa do a pair for £480 and I think Indi is still running a set.

Still seems like a no brainer.

beppe786

Beppe
Reggie91 said:
Beppe, didn't you managed to get hold of some upgraded shafts for your old teg? I know tegiwa do a pair for £480 and I think Indi is still running a set.

Still seems like a no brainer.
i did insane shafts but then went back to oem thats how good they were!

there's a thread somewhere, apparently tegwia sent out the wrong shafts in a dc5 box.. all time and effort was wasted

Oem can handle 500hp easy..

http://www.itr-dc5.club/forum/index.php?/topic/43379-tegiwa-insane-drive-shafts-too-short/

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Well tegiwa has bumped up their prices since then haha.

Was looking at a set of RPF1's and they seem to have gone up in price too lol

Fez

Advanced Member
I've got a a brand new Insane shaft to go on, got it at a good price and checked the length and its right.
My local breakers has a shaft there but they want £130!! Im not paying much more for the Insane.
I would prefer oem, but no way in hell paying £500+ for a new one lol.

civic17_99

Advanced Member
I'd heard issues with fitment with the insane one's and didn't want the hastle of getting one and then having trouble fitting it. My car was off the road for a week before it was fixed. I rang round everywhere to see if i could get an OEM one brand new and nobody had one. Honda said they're on back order until November, i didn't want to risk a second hand one because there's no telling what condition that was in or how long it would last. I decided just to bite the bullet and get the OEM one, expensive yes but peace of mind it would fit and will last. After seeing how many have gone recently i'm debating whether to get the other side done now.

impne

Advanced Member
Not what I did today but a prick at work did

Changed springs last night

Thought I'd take the car to work

Unreal

I was first in

Someone said have you seen your car

ChrisJDMDC5

Advanced Member
impne said:
Not what I did today but a prick at work did