The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

CW05TEG

Advanced Member
Gave the car a good clean, wiped down the engine bay and topped up the oil this weekend. I'm going to polish up the headlight lenses next, convert speedo to mph and replace the useless headunit/speakers.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
John and Olly, you both have great garages! :)
Only built mine in October. Before that it's was a prefab asbestos shed big enough for a mk1 fiat 500 ;)

It's paying for itself lately though :)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Mine's just a standard new build garage. :(

Looking forward to meeting a bird with some money so we can club together and get a big place with double garage.

Sonny1

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Looking forward to meeting a bird with some money so we can club together and get a big place with double garage.
Haha. We're all waiting for that to happen Chris lol

Chewy

Advanced Member
Me and my Mrs bought a house together not too long ago, only has a single garage though... So I'm still waiting for that to happen. Haha.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member

Spent the day tidying and organising mine yesterday and beefing up my home made car dolly so I can actually have room to work in there.

Amazing how much space 1 car takes up when you tear it to pieces.

Now hopefully I'll have just enough room to start transferring bits over to the new car.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Have spent most of the weekend driving and enjoying the weather, did squeeze some time it to fit a rhino lip. sorry for the poor pictures

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Where was that top photo taken Olly? Shame about the blur, but looks a nice location...good bit of costal road? :)

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Where was that top photo taken Olly? Shame about the blur, but looks a nice location...good bit of costal road? :)
Was taken at Clee Hill which is on the Shropshire border. Was getting late and the sun was going down, makes it look coastal but it's just green :) well nice open roads

ollydc5

Advanced Member
You can lose yourself on some of these roads, I can leave my house and head straight out through anywhere in Wales the roads are fab

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Picked it up from TGM with new Kaaz diff, Spoon final drive and a new clutch. Then changed the wheels ready for Spa as I think AD08R will be better than RS-R plus they are a bit wider.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Not the weekend but a Tuesday late afternoon to be precise. Due to Honda being gay and discontinuing the OEM wind deflectors I decided to have a go at machine polishing them myself. Now with me this could have gone 2 ways. Decent or horiffically with an complimentary tantrum for good measure! However, thankfully the latter wasn't the case.

I appreciate they will probably last 2 months if I'm lucky but I'm happy (ish) with the results.

Before, like a dog's breakfast to say the least!:

After, not Michelin Star but not too bad!:

Also got round to fitting my favourite part of the FL tegs after having these sat around since October!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Richie200 said:
Nice work Chris. I do prefer the FL cluster, but it's quite an expensive conversion to do.
Cheers Rich

I massively prefer it tbh! I've never been a PFL cluster tbh. It is fairly costly but I managed to get the FL cluster for £113.00 (ebay), then about £120 For the conversion harness and then mileage correction.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk