Thinking of selling up, will I regret it?

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
_BILLY_EK9_ said:
im paying 1k for the dc5 with flux
I'm surprised you got insurance being under 25 for that price too.

I'm 25 and have 7 years NCB - still paying 1.2k with Sky

Sgtscotty182

Advanced Member
ckyuen said:
Do you live in Walton? I used to see a DC5 flying around with black wheels, it could be you?
Nah I don't live down there. The wee dude I got it from stayed down there. It prob was it cus it has black wheels and from the amount of tread used between first view and pick up, I believe "flying around" would probably quite apt

Sgtscotty182

Advanced Member
ckyuen said:
Do you live in Walton? I used to see a DC5 flying around with black wheels, it could be you?
Nah I don't live down there. The wee dude I got it from stayed down there. It prob was it cus it has black wheels and from the amount of tread used between first view and pick up, I believe "flying around" would probably quite apt

jambo

Advanced Member
Don't do it mate. I was talked out of selling mine by the great members on here. A 350z won't be as good as a dc5. My cousin had one and I wasn't that impressed.

RE Spirit said:
I'm surprised you got insurance being under 25 for that price too.

I'm 25 and have 7 years NCB - still paying 1.2k with Sky
I have had my teg since I've been 21 and never paid 1200. Now 25 and paying £300

SPIT_FIRE

Advanced Member
mark type r said:
Same here, I regret it. That's why the X is up for sale
:( that's a shame its an awesome colour loved it when i saw it at JAE, there are literally none round here first time id seen one up close. What is it about it that you dont get on with?

mark type r

Advanced Member
SPIT_FIRE said:
:( that's a shame its an awesome colour loved it when i saw it at JAE, there are literally none round here first time id seen one up close. What is it about it that you dont get on with?
It's a car set up for the UK public, it's very smooth and nice. No noise from the exhausts and a comfortable place to be. You put your foot down and it doesn't feel like you're going fast until you look at the speedo.

I don't like it for those reasons, it's turned too German for my liking.

The DC5 may be slower but it never felt it, every journey put a smile on my face, the X doesn't. It feels like driving a Mondeo when you're stuck in traffic and just cruising.

I know most people hate noisy and harsh cars but I love them :lol:

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I thought the Nissan 350z had the chassis from a Chrysler Crossfire and the engine from a Renault?! And a gearbox from something else?!?!

Nice looking car I will agree but I don't think I could ever buy one. And that drop top version. Screams out girls/hairdressers car!!

redcap

Advanced Member
jambo said:
Don't do it mate. I was talked out of selling mine by the great members on here. A 350z won't be as good as a dc5. My cousin had one and I wasn't that impressed.

I have had my teg since I've been 21 and never paid 1200. Now 25 and paying £300
How is your insurance so cheap? I have never managed to get it cheaper than the low £500's.

You have all convinced me that I should keep my DC5. So I'm going to try and rejuvenate the car. I think i'm gonna replace same bits that are looking a bit tired. It's only done 60k too so there's some life left in it yet for sure! Owned it for the last 5 years and will probably own it for the next 5!

eXceed

Resident Driver
I got an insurance quote of £800 on a Lexus IS-F (5.0V8 with >400bhp, and RWD), on the Integra nearly double that and I'm fairly certain I'd have to be sporting a turbo/sc to keep up with a committed IS-F along with the associated risks of RWD (although I'm close to DK levels)!

jambo

Advanced Member
RE Spirit said:
:shock: where are you based jambo? lol
I'm based in Norfolk which helps. Is a good postcode.

redcap said:
How is your insurance so cheap? I have never managed to get it cheaper than the low £500's.
You have all convinced me that I should keep my DC5. So I'm going to try and rejuvenate the car. I think i'm gonna replace same bits that are looking a bit tired. It's only done 60k too so there's some life left in it yet for sure! Owned it for the last 5 years and will probably own it for the next 5!
Don't know done a renewal this year with sainsbury and it come out at the the above. Cant get a car that does what the teg does for the money it costs me.

Glad to hear your keeping it. What plans you got for it to freshen it up?

redcap

Advanced Member
Might sound like a dumb comment but are you sure it's insuring you as a 2.0 DC5 not a 1.8 DC2?

I came to the same conclusion, for what it costs to own/run there is nothing that compares.

I am planning to tidy it up by replacing or vinyl wrapping components that are tired or worn like trim and may be get some new headlights as they are cloudy.

SPIT_FIRE

Advanced Member
mark type r said:
It's a car set up for the UK public, it's very smooth and nice. No noise from the exhausts and a comfortable place to be. You put your foot down and it doesn't feel like you're going fast until you look at the speedo.

I don't like it for those reasons, it's turned too German for my liking.

The DC5 may be slower but it never felt it, every journey put a smile on my face, the X doesn't. It feels like driving a Mondeo when you're stuck in traffic and just cruising.

I know most people hate noisy and harsh cars but I love them :lol:
Lol, fair enough, iv always wanted an evo i think its a car you have to own at somepoint. I felt the same way about a three series i recently drove, fast but very boring thought the tiptronic auto was awesome though. Tiona says your after a facelift, there is one in torque gt atm.