Thinking of selling up, will I regret it?

redcap

Advanced Member
Jon_ep3ctr said:
Try green light I'm 25 7 years no claims and pay 550
Last time I tried to get a quote from them they said they don't insure the DC5.

mark type r

Advanced Member
SPIT_FIRE said:
Lol, fair enough, iv always wanted an evo i think its a car you have to own at somepoint. I felt the same way about a three series i recently drove, fast but very boring thought the tiptronic auto was awesome though. Tiona says your after a facelift, there is one in torque gt atm.
I'm switching between FL or FD2 at the min.
It depends on what the X sells for. If you do go for an Evo then get an 8 or 9 MR, awesome cars.

David Fox

Advanced Member
Don't sell. I can't reiterate this enough. I am back with my original DC5. I have owned some fantastic cars that on paper, you would say they are a better car. Only the Mk2 RS came close to putting a bigger smile on my face - but then again, it should do for a (at the time) £25k car. I am probably a sad individual to a few on here, but I missed my Integra so much, I actually bought it back after it been out of my life for 4 years.

The Integra does everything. Big enough to do a bit of shopping, small enough to through it round on a track or spirited driving on B roads, a decent long distance machine (driving to and from Germany - 1800 mile round trips - faultless) still looks fresh, cheap to run - I could go on. I have days when I think I could chop it in for something better and then I realize that there isn't anything better bang for buck.

Keep it. Enough said.

SPIT_FIRE

Advanced Member
mark type r said:
I'm switching between FL or FD2 at the min.
It depends on what the X sells for. If you do go for an Evo then get an 8 or 9 MR, awesome cars.
If it where me id get a DC5 and mod it, i just dont think the FD2 has the looks. It's not vastly different either i think the only changes are an RBC, Drive by wire throttle, Different gear ratio's and a 50 percent stiffer chassis which i dont think is for the best on british roads lol. I love the 8 and 9 mr, Sam's 8mr is amazing and in the best color as well. Stone grey is very hard to find. Tbh when iv been looking im struggling to find a decent 8 or 9 full stop, most of them have been to the moon or have an incomplete service history.

jdmsteve

Advanced Member
SPIT_FIRE said:
If it where me id get a DC5 and mod it, i just dont think the FD2 has the looks. It's not vastly different either i think the only changes are an RBC, Drive by wire throttle, Different gear ratio's and a 50 percent stiffer chassis which i dont think is for the best on british roads lol. I love the 8 and 9 mr, Sam's 8mr is amazing and in the best color as well. Stone grey is very hard to find. Tbh when iv been looking im struggling to find a decent 8 or 9 full stop, most of them have been to the moon or have an incomplete service history.
I'm sure it's only a typo but the fd2 has an Rrc inlet manifold not rbc (euro r).
Couldn't help but notice ;)

SPIT_FIRE

Advanced Member
jdmsteve said:
I'm sure it's only a typo but the fd2 has an Rrc inlet manifold not rbc (euro r).
Couldn't help but notice ;)
Lol no typo, i thought it was an rbc. I stand corrected and have learnt something new. :)

mark type r

Advanced Member
The guys on MLR are always open to offers if you go on and ask. One lad only asked if the 8MR was rare and got around 5 offers.
Some were good deals!

I'm not going to decide on a car until the X goes, it starts to annoy me if I find a car but still need to shift mine. So I'm getting rid first.
I'm still umming and rrrring over the cars. I've even looked at a Lotus Elise S2

mark type r

Advanced Member
dotty said:
Elise as a daily would be insane.
Just saying.
I know, it would be awesome.
I think the lack of practicality puts me off. The harsh ride doesn't, I'd love it.

SPIT_FIRE

Advanced Member
mark type r said:
The guys on MLR are always open to offers if you go on and ask. One lad only asked if the 8MR was rare and got around 5 offers.
Some were good deals!

I'm not going to decide on a car until the X goes, it starts to annoy me if I find a car but still need to shift mine. So I'm getting rid first.
I'm still umming and rrrring over the cars. I've even looked at a Lotus Elise S2
Awesome, thank you ill have a look on there. I know what you mean, its better to have the cash in hand so your ready to go when the right one comes along. Im in a similar situation im going to get rid of the integra to start saving for my next car.