Torque GT

kyle'87

Advanced Member
I know this isn't a testimonial thread but I would like to second T-GT's after sales. After a year of picking my car up I had an alarm issue, phoned them up and Spoke to Darren, who, to my surprise remembered my custom and promptly gave me the details of the alarm fitter. Great company both for importing and ordering parts from.

On a side note, the alarm issue was actually the area I was in. Something was blocking the fob frequency.

nails

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
As with this threads OP, as Jimmer rightly mentioned, always two sides to a story and from these two "bad" dealings it's plain to see Torque GT met and exceeded the call of duty!

I have genuinely only come across two bad appraisals (the two on this thread) and both aren't justifiable in my eyes.

I bet Nails isn't so concerned about using Torque GT now!
Indeed I am not concerned about using them now, especially as TGM are quite close to me. Sounds like if I did have warranty issues in the first 3 months I could just take it to TGM and they would sort it with Torque GT footing the majority, if not all of the bill. That is a much better service than any used car dealer I have ever dealt with 8)

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
nails said:
Indeed I am not concerned about using them now, especially as TGM are quite close to me. Sounds like if I did have warranty issues in the first 3 months I could just take it to TGM and they would sort it with Torque GT footing the majority, if not all of the bill. That is a much better service than any used car dealer I have ever dealt with 8)
If I ever sell my Teg, I WILL be having an FD2 or other car through them! No hesitation at all.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
No complaints here with my CW DC5 and then the Purple FD2 purchased from Torque GT ;) Would of got my FK2 from them if they had one in stock :)

Some folk's just like a winge for no real reason and it makes others nervous unnecessarily.

T.G.

T3LLIOTT

I might as well chip in with my 2p's worth here. Picked up my DC5 a couple of weeks ago from Torque GT after being impressed with Chris Martin's. Everything was great, however after driving it ~100 miles I discovered the passenger side rear wheel was rubbing slightly against the arch when going over bumps (roads in Sheffield are notoriously bad). After having it checked out by my local garage, we came to the conclusion that the rear springs were too soft for UK roads.

I e-mailed Darren regarding the issue and Torque GT sent out a set of replacement springs and offered to pay for the labour involved. I'm currently having the fronts fitted now so the springs match front and rear, but after driving around with the new, stiffer rear springs, I can safely say it has solved the problem.

All in all that is top service in my book. Bearing in mind my car is 16 years old and things do go wrong from time to time, instead of bashing them on the forums etc I wanted to give Torque GT the chance to correct the issue and they certainly did that. I'll certainly not hesitate to deal with them again and look forward to finally meeting Darren in person at Japfest. :xcheers:

I'm merely giving my opinion, yes you have been brilliant by sending out the parts etc in record speed but missing the basics like brakes in my opinion is silly given your vast experience, also the leaking rear shocker which was missed on the Mot and the fuel leak. As previously mentioned I'm not out to harm your rep just giving my opinion based on my experience, also it's worth a mention that you guys were very unwilling to pay the dealer prices so I offered you the alternative which you accepted. I'd also like to ad it's the fuel pump that's leaking not the sender seal but I've paid for that out of my own pocket because I didn't want to keep coming back to you guys with problems. In conclusion I'd say you guys are great with customer contact i.e. Replies etc but it would have just been refreshing to receive the car as promised in the first place. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gurrik

I feel as if I should say something as I am very local to them (within 10miles) I have nothing but positive comments about torque. They imported my car and I have had ZERO issues with it.

Josh with parts is incredibly helpful, managed to source and fit new headlights for me with absolutely no problem. I love within 10miles of them and never give a second thought about approaching them for anything if need be. They fitted my new exhaust and upgraded my brakes. They are Very friendly, very helpful with a fantastic service. If I was ever to get a second car without a doubt I would recommend and use torque.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
As with this threads OP, as Jimmer rightly mentioned, always two sides to a story and from these two "bad" dealings it's plain to see Torque GT met and exceeded the call of duty!

I have genuinely only come across two bad appraisals (the two on this thread) and both aren't justifiable in my eyes.

I bet Nails isn't so concerned about using Torque GT now!
Of course it's not justifiable in your eyes, you weren't the one that was out of pocket.

Topgeezer said:
No complaints here with my CW DC5 and then the Purple FD2 purchased from Torque GT ;) Would of got my FK2 from them if they had one in stock :)

Some folk's just like a winge for no real reason and it makes others nervous unnecessarily.

T.G.
I wasn't having a whinge, I had a legitimate complaint at the time if that's a pop at me.

I was happy with Torque GT initally, Darren had been a pleasure to deal with and they gave me a good price for my car when most other places wouldn't entertain it.

It's clear they do have and continue to sell good cars, mine in the end was a good car but I was still out of pocket for a huge sum which I really was not happy about as you all well know. Now I can see they have replaced springs for the above person which is fair enough but mine came with Teins at £600 a shock so I'm not surprised they weren't willing to cough up for it as they're a business at the end of the day. I'm not going to go into again as I can't be bothered and I don't want to tarnish their reputation as it's unfair on them as a business and whatever happened between them and me is done now.

Although I still feel annoyed about the whole thing I would probably still buy from them in the future but I'd make it an absolute stipulation that the car is thoroughly checked before I was to get one again. Whether Torque would do business with me is another matter, I doubt it very much.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Of course it's not justifiable in your eyes, you weren't the one that was out of pocket.

I wasn't having a whinge, I had a legitimate complaint at the time if that's a pop at me.

I was happy with Torque GT initally, Darren had been a pleasure to deal with and they gave me a good price for my car when most other places wouldn't entertain it.

It's clear they do have and continue to sell good cars, mine in the end was a good car but I was still out of pocket for a huge sum which I really was not happy about as you all well know. Now I can see they have replaced springs for the above person which is fair enough but mine came with Teins at £600 a shock so I'm not surprised they weren't willing to cough up for it as they're a business at the end of the day. I'm not going to go into again as I can't be bothered and I don't want to tarnish their reputation as it's unfair on them as a business and whatever happened between them and me is done now.

Although I still feel annoyed about the whole thing I would probably still buy from them in the future but I'd make it an absolute stipulation that the car is thoroughly checked before I was to get one again. Whether Torque would do business with me is another matter, I doubt it very much.
I would have felt like id had rotten luck yes mate totally agree and would have been massively disheartened, it was the fact that comments made that they shafted you that I don't see as justified as they say it was considerably past warranty period (on a used car) that they were contacted about the shock! I myself had to also replace a rusty exhaust but like any usual dealer of it passes the MOT, They see their job as done!

I feel bad that you didn't get the kind of example you hoped for but would be good to see you in one in the near future!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jimmer said:
Not every car is perfect and there are always two sides to a story. You will not be disappointed with Torque GT, there will always be horror stories but like i said...two sides.

Tensioner rattling...can happen at any time. Did they change it? It would have been covered so I expect they will be more than happy too.

Tracking way out....could be exaggerated, if all they do is drive it off a truck a down a road. Was there a test drive? Again easy fix.

Brakes, if they were that low surely it would be a fail on the MOT...but again im sure they would be more than happy to discuss...or for all we know he could have done a track day after purchase. Speculation here but you get rhe idea. People are quick to slate but not so quick to resolve or make contact to try and resolve. These are all things you check on a test drive.. drop links aren't expensive, im sure they didn't glue them together, could well have been a pre import thing? Who knows. Again...its how it's dealt with. Puplic slating won't help anyone.

Torque GT have supplied many good cars...the cars are getting old now so will have their flaws. Just check over them :)

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend or use them again! Do not let the above put you off. :)

Hi mate, yes they informed me the car was test drive and no I'm not exaggerating pal, the steering wheel was nearly a quarter of a turn out.
Brakes were below minimum limit by 2mm and I can assure you I didn't drive it hard enough to knock 2mm off the discs in 200 mile trip home, and yes I thought the same thing about them being picked up on MOT but they apparently weren't. They rang me telling me the car had failed on a stop lamp and a dust cover on X1 drop link so they clearly did glue it for it to pass its retest (both sides I might add but they only said it failed on one side)

Plus the car had a fuel leak which I haven't moaned at them about because I didn't even notice it for a few days.

Look id just like to clarify as you are clearly a satisfied customer of TG that I would love to be wading in on people if id had the same experience as you have ( I really really wish I did) but I simply haven't. I would also like to add I am indeed very satisfied with how they have dealt with these issues and sent me the new parts etc but my point is these simple yet very serious things shouldn't be missed and I wouldn't expect a company of this caliber to miss them. I'm not getting pissy and being horrible I'm just giving my honest opinion. I even paid £500 over budget for the car on the proviso it was the right car. Please note it's over 500 mile round trip for me to go there otherwise I would have let them resolve all the issues.

Also sorry TG if I've offended you but it's just my honest assessment. The moderators can do what they see fit. I just ask can people not wade in with shitty comments saying I'm moaning and ask yourself how would you feel??!

Crazylegs said:

It's horrible mate, we are only giving our opinions based on our experience and everyone's having a pop. Wish I'd not said anything now. To be fair I'd love to have been in their shoes and got the car of my dreams in the perfect condition so many speak of.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Fair enough, like i said two sides and all that. Hope you get a solution soon, :)

And Nails i still wouldn't worry about using them mate, there is bound to be a hiccup for some in all circumstances. Wouldn't put me off. We wouldn't get anywhere in life if we only looked at the less appealing reviews on stuff. Do your own research into the company and various testimonies etc and conclude from that what you will.

Im off to Torque GT very soon with Adam to pick p his FD2, looking forward to that ;)

SamDC5

Advanced Member
I had my car from Torque GT and I can't begin to tell you how amazing these guys are.

At the end of the day, these cars are pushing 15 years old, they've all had work done. In their past lives they could of been mistreated or really looked after. As we all know, buying a used car really is luck of the draw. Issues arrise and sometimes it's not always so obvious.

In my opinion Torque go above and beyond and they do deserve the fantastic reputation they have. These guys import hundreds, thousands of cars and sometimes not every car is perfect. That's a percentage you have to deal with. Used cars will always be hiding something, especially such an old car.

Torque do a 130 point inspection and do inspect the cars to the best of their ability and take the cars to an independent MOT garage. Sometimes there will be issues and sometimes it happens to the best of us. But you can't grumble at how amazing these guys deal with the issues. Out of their own pocket paying for parts/labour.

I bought my DC5 from their stock so it was already here, only just arrived however. The car was described perfectly and was immaculate.

The car has had some paint in its past life but that's something you have to accept. I only know because I know what I'm looking for. Everything else on the car was perfect and Darren was fantastic, offering never to hesitate to contact them, even years on.

Any questions I had after ownership Darren helped me out. I understand people have been frustrated by problem cars but you have to admit they have helped people out. If they replaced every wear and tear item they wouldn't be in business.

I just wanted to commend Torque for how excellent they were with me. I travelled 4 hours on the train to pick mine up. These guys don't sell you the cars, the cars sell themselves in my opinion. Their enthusiasts just like me and you.

I know I'm a relatively new face round here but I just wanted to share a recent experience for people uncertain about Torque at present.

I will be going to them for my next car.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

ErA

Another "thumbs up" for TGT here. Bought my car off them in Feb '16 and been very happy with it. It was refreshing to deal with a company who take real pride in what they do.

Ah Cheers Chris, really helpful that, so I take it you would be more than happy if it happened to you? I'm ungrateful because I bought a car with these issues, wake up fella

Brecht

Advanced Member
Stay away from SVA as far as you can!! i chose them 5 years ago for my dc5 (already was in the UK )because it was a lot closer to the docks so easy to get it on the boat..
Car looked lovely and all that , no problems at all...
until i decided to take the front bumper off at work, the front fender had like 5 shims to get it to fit right..
the rear is stucked up a little on the left ... it had an accident right front and left rear .. they said it was accident free!! basterds :/
So now i went with torque gt to import my S15. (still have my dc5)
Spoke to Mike and Darren , really happy with the customer service!!
Still waiting for shipment to the uk though