Torque GT

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Can we just draw a line under this now please gents? I think we all know that Torque GT have done their best in the past and will continue to do so.

I'm not taking sides. I just know when to cut my losses and pay up.

Phelpo711

Advanced Member
Rom said:
To be honest, ive just picked up bits and bobs, so Ill apologise now if ive taken something ive read and attributed it to you.

Moving on, i actually bought a fresh import from Torque in June. It was not perfect, so im not on Torques side at all. Im just trying to offer the perspective of someone who works on cars for a living.

Mine had a leaking shock, literally drove home, put it on the ramp, and it was leaking. Id have failed it on MOT. But, Torque dont do the MOT, and no one in infallible, i miss things sometimes.
There was also a balljoint boot split. They replaced the shock, and we agreed on a set of Buddyclub RCAs, as the standard joints come with the hub.

So was i happy i bought a car and it had issues ? No
Was i happy with the way Darren dealt with it ? Yes.

My pads are low, but not low enough to worry. Theres a few other boots perishing, arb etc. But its an old car, probably on original parts mostly.
Rom,

I accept your apology.

I would of thought even yourself would have had a case. You don't spend ££££'s to drive home and find you immediate faults.

As you said, they don't do MOT's. But they will check them. If you bought a car and got it home and it had a hole in the floor pan you'd go mad, and if they said they didn't check the car in the ramp etc you be angry. It's no different to a leaky shock. If crazy legs noticed it straight away and complained and they said its a "wear & tear" item you would also be angry.

There has to be a limited, agreed, to what a proper garage will do, and if THEY bought this car in a foreign country without knowing the history the. It should be checked thoroughly before sending out the shop door. A timing chain progressively gets worse, it's doesn't appear from nowhere. And unless in 5 months he's been drag racing it and covering thousands of miles they should last the life of the car really.

In one way it is luck of the draw, but they do charge a premium for a fresh import. Mine is immaculate with 41,000 miles and I paid no where near the price they charge for an older one with more miles. And I got money knocked off for sorting bits & pieces myself .

Cars are a pain sometimes, but they shouldn't be when you have paid for the privilege from a reputable company that soon after purchase

ste01

Advanced Member
@Phelpo711: I saw Crazylegs' cars back in June 13 before it was his. It didn't have leaky shocks and the car looked like a good example when I went over it. If it wasn't, I wouldn't have chosen to go with Torque GT to import my car.

If it was me I'd probably look back over my old posts on other threads such as the "MPG" thread and think about what could be causing all these things to wear out and break. If a car is driven hard like he says it is (Crazylegs, one way you described your driving was "horrendous"..) then things will wear out and break at a faster rate. It's a fact, happens to all cars.

Drive your car hard all the time and you will spend more money keeping it going.

Edit: Sorry Crazylegs but just saying how it is. Improve your driving and you'll save money and also be less likely to hurt yourself or someone else.

Phelpo711

Advanced Member
ste01 said:
@Phelpo711: I saw Crazylegs' cars back in June 13 before it was his. It didn't have leaky shocks and the car looked like a good example when I went over it. If it wasn't, I wouldn't have chosen to go with Torque GT to import my car.

If it was me I'd probably look back over my old posts on other threads such as the "MPG" thread and think about what could be causing all these things to wear out and break. If a car is driven hard like he says it is (Crazylegs, one way you described your driving was "horrendous"..) then things will wear out and break at a faster rate. It's a fact, happens to all cars.

Drive your car hard all the time and you will spend more money keeping it going.

Edit: Sorry Crazylegs but just saying how it is. Improve your driving and you'll save money and also be less likely to hurt yourself or someone else.
Agreed. I can only go off what he has said on this thread. Driving it hard on the road is probably worse in the suspension than track due to our infamous pot holes etc, and you know him better than myself.

All I can do is judge what has been said here, and that is if I paid a premium for a car compared to a private sale from a reputable company and ended up shelling out a fortune in that space of time is be fuming, but then said I don't know him personally.

No hit given to any traders/ garages but everyone is out to make money these days and people will tell you what you want to hear - especially when money is involved, garages are like conveyer belts. One in one out. Everyone has heard Gordy stories from garages, and even the best sometimes miss stuff.

ste01

Advanced Member
I don't really know him either, just gone off his previous posts. But if he drives like he says having near misses etc then it's asking for trouble.

I agree everyone is out to make money, it goes both ways. People want something for nothing from the companies too.

Phelpo711

Advanced Member
Again, agreed. But me personally I wouldn't be holding a grudge without just reason.

Crazy legs got a loan to buy it and then as he said borrowed cash off his dad to fix it which would add to his anger which I could understand, but judging on the car sold to what it turned out to be in a short space of time would, as I said anger me too. A car new or used from a company should not fail that quickly in my view.

I understand where torque GT are coming from, if it was spot on when he bought it. That's where the after sales comes in..... They did buy a slightly modified car from Japan and sold it for a lot more than a private sale. That extra money paid, in my view, should count for the immediate condition when picked up by the buyer and a short while after.

How short that period is after bought, depending what component it is, is up for discussion.

I'm sure everyone on this forum would be livid if it was the engine that blew and they didn't cover it. After all, every single component on car wears.....

a4m1r

Advanced Member
Hi all newbie here I'm going to pick up my dc5 from torque gt finally after a long wait finally get to bring my bride home lol

a4m1r

Advanced Member
sheeraz19823

Hi I picked up my dc5 yesterday same situation as yourself but the end result was worth the wait Tristan Mike and Darren are top blokes... took a while to find a pristine condition dc5 really happy and I'd trust them to source you one

mark2390

Advanced Member
Sometimes you get faults you can't see coming.. I stupidly bought an audi after I had an ep3.. soon cost me 4k in repairs in a year plus deprecation another 3k but started going wrong just after 3 months so never had help with the faults its just the way it goes sometimes!

Jazazze

I didn't track the boat mine came in on, but I know now it was just over two weeks since the boat came in that I first saw the car and then another week and a half waiting for the DVLA in my case. I was only waiting about a month a half but reading the build threads on here didn't help make the time go quicker!

The wait was agonizing but worth it in the end. :)

S'arrt

There are some valuable lessons to be learned from this thread.. as well as a splash of entertainment. I am sure all comments show just how much passion and love we all have for our DC5s.

I definitely suggest those who have or are just about to receive their 5s get them inspected at a reputable garage (within their warranty period!) should you need to contact the importer. From the sounds of things, Torque GT seem willing to help as long as it's within the warranty period. I'm surprised to hear people claim they were aware of potential issues (or sounds) and never got them checked out. Perhaps too busy enjoying themselves..? :xvtec:

I purchased mine from a very compliant owner on this forum and got the car inspected before exchange of money, to find it had an engine mount gone.

In my personal opinion, purchasing a car like this through any finance option is a big no no :xtsk: . I see finance as living beyond your means, and you should be able to budget well beyond the cost of the car just in case.. these are old cars and keeping them sweet can be expensive.

Rom

Advanced Member
Pretty sure they did Yeah. On here I think I read some posts from them.

Rom

Advanced Member
Did they reply at all mate?
Something like they came to defend themselves...

Or was I reading another thread.