Track Day down south

Ryanj1993

Advanced Member
Who's up for planning a track day down south somewhere? Brands/Thruxton etc, most of the ones i see being planned are over 5 hours from where i am :(

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Who's up for planning a track day down south somewhere? Brands/Thruxton etc, most of the ones i see being planned are over 5 hours from where i am :(
Brands Indi is epic mate, my local, if you do this from June I will be back and the car will be on the road again so more than happy to chuck mine on track again then. Car is away at TGM from 20th April until 20th May(ish) when I get back from holiday and then I will be booking 3/4 trackdays (mainly Brands).

Where are you based ?

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Yeah i'm down. Ideally a weekend please.

Bedford this Saturday? Weather looks okay too

Ryanj1993

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Brands Indi is epic mate, my local, if you do this from June I will be back and the car will be on the road again so more than happy to chuck mine on track again then. Car is away at TGM from 20th April until 20th May(ish) when I get back from holiday and then I will be booking 3/4 trackdays (mainly Brands).

Where are you based ?
June will be good for me, I live walking distance from TGM lol.

Ryanj1993

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
Yeah i'm down. Ideally a weekend please.

Bedford this Saturday? Weather looks okay too
Weekend would be ok for me too, won't be ready for this weekend, car has no interior at the moment, waiting for the cage to arrive.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Ryanj1993 said:
Weekend would be ok for me too, won't be ready for this weekend, car has no interior at the moment, waiting for the cage to arrive.
Ah fair enough.

Did you get seat rails for the corbeau's? I might have pair for sale shortly (1x M2 and 1x buddyclub, they are the same apart from a sticker)

spooke

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
Ah fair enough.

Did you get seat rails for the corbeau's? I might have pair for sale shortly (1x M2 and 1x buddyclub, they are the same apart from a sticker)
Sorry to hijack but I'll take the BuddyClub rails if Ryan doesn't want them. I'm also down for a track day - Bedford would be preferred as it'll be my second time on track with 9J fronts :p

Reggie91

Advanced Member
spooke said:
Sorry to hijack but I'll take the BuddyClub rails if Ryan doesn't want them. I'm also down for a track day - Bedford would be preferred as it'll be my second time on track with 9J fronts :p
Hahaha ill drop you a PM

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Ryanj1993 said:
What colours your car mate ? What type of cage you getting as I have a carpet here that was used in a caged car sitting doing nothing if yours have interior but you don't want to ruin the carpet lol

carl hammond

Advanced Member
spooke said:
Bedford is ok but only the SEN track really and that's only once this year from what we can see/find online and that's July if I remember correctly. Brands due to race season now is only weekdays :-(

I am happy to do a weekday or even an evening session, but as soon as the clutch etc is all done I will be back on the road, it's annoying it sitting there waiting for more action and althought TGM will have finished everything I wont be able to use it as I go away for two weeks :-(

spooke

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Bedford is ok but only the SEN track really and that's only once this year from what we can see/find online and that's July if I remember correctly. Brands due to race season now is only weekdays :-(

I am happy to do a weekday or even an evening session, but as soon as the clutch etc is all done I will be back on the road, it's annoying it sitting there waiting for more action and althought TGM will have finished everything I wont be able to use it as I go away for two weeks :-(
I've only done a "How Fast" session on the West circuit which was really enjoyable as you're essentially hot lapping to get the fastest time you can get. I was very conservative with my driving due to lack of confidence (I was about 4 seconds faster than my brothers stock EP3 though) and now running 9J front's I should be able to corner better and set a much faster time.

I'm up for the SEN track though, be an experience to get out of 4th gear :D

Ryanj1993

Advanced Member
spooke said:
Take them dude, got some for mine already

Ryanj1993

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
What colours your car mate ? What type of cage you getting as I have a carpet here that was used in a caged car sitting doing nothing if yours have interior but you don't want to ruin the carpet lol
White with red mate, getting a SW Motorsports bolt in half cage. Carpet is already sorted, but thanks for the offer mate!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
spooke said:
I've only done a "How Fast" session on the West circuit which was really enjoyable as you're essentially hot lapping to get the fastest time you can get. I was very conservative with my driving due to lack of confidence (I was about 4 seconds faster than my brothers stock EP3 though) and now running 9J front's I should be able to corner better and set a much faster time.

I'm up for the SEN track though, be an experience to get out of 4th gear :D
Should see my video from Brands the other day, I would have been happy having 2nd, 3rd and 4th all day, but my video's (sessions 2,3,4) all show a struggle with gears, I was having to coast in neutral to get rev's down :-(

OEM original clutch though on 95K so TGM can rip it apart and replace anything needed so it's ready. Will load videos to Youtube as although it was annoying and slowing me down everyone said I was flying and no one passed me all day somehow still lol

Was my first time on track in 11 ish years and first time ever in the DC5 :)

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Ryanj1993 said:
White with red mate, getting a SW Motorsports bolt in half cage. Carpet is already sorted, but thanks for the offer mate!
No problem mate :) Would like to see the cage once done as 50/50 on getting mine done.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Bedford GT is decent. Prefer it over the SEN circuit.

The long straight isn't for our cars but it's fun letting something faster overtake then you chase them through the tighter bits following the straight

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
Bedford GT is decent. Prefer it over the SEN circuit.

The long straight isn't for our cars but it's fun letting something faster overtake then you chase them through the tighter bits following the straight
Oh ok, fair point, I have yet to drive Bedford, been in cars there but never driven it so could could be fun :)

ollieh17

Advanced Member
Ive just booked castle combe 15th May open pit lane if anyone down south fancies it

Ryanj1993

Advanced Member
After the number of crashes i saw at combe this weekend im not overly keen on doing one there lol.

ollieh17

Advanced Member
Ryanj1993 said:
After the number of crashes i saw at combe this weekend im not overly keen on doing one there lol.
Action day numpties not driving to conditions lol