Track Day down south

ollieh17

Advanced Member
Phil r type said:
Errr..... maybe, But looking for white or black this time not blue so technically completely different car ;) lol
what is this with blue ones lol...think i missed something when i bought mine

Phil r type

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
When you're looking let me know as I may sell mine as I am considering a completely stripped race DC5 (non road worthy) or something similar at present :)

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
A few of my friends are doing brands hatch on 6th june (evening novice session).. would be good to see more hondas there..

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I should be able to do that (even if the new exhaust isn't on) but will need to see if I can blag the time off work that day and not have to book it all off, will conf asap and check the db levels as I believe they are lower than normal sessions which I was struggling with :-(

carl hammond

Advanced Member
A few of my friends are doing brands hatch on 6th june (evening novice session).. would be good to see more hondas there..
Update from my above post, I think most DC5's will struggle as I have just seen the db levels:

Static98 dB
Drive By88 dB

I can't even pass the static at that level as is now, maybe once the exhaust is done as at 6.3K I got 101-102db, at 6K 98db and 4K 104db, it's annoying as my setups spot on for power and deep decent tone but I need to swap the system for another to lower the noise still as on the driveby limit on a general trackday there which is as below:

Static105 dB
Drive By92 dB

What Honda's are going that you know of and have they been before? if not may need to pop there first for a sound test or bung it for the test at least lol :)

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
spooke said:
I've only done a "How Fast" session on the West circuit which was really enjoyable as you're essentially hot lapping to get the fastest time you can get. I was very conservative with my driving due to lack of confidence (I was about 4 seconds faster than my brothers stock EP3 though) and now running 9J front's I should be able to corner better and set a much faster time.

I'm up for the SEN track though, be an experience to get out of 4th gear :D
i am booked on that for my birthday weekend .. you should come

http://www.msvtrackdays.com/car/calendar/2018/july/21-ba-sen/

Ryanj1993

Advanced Member
Whats your car like on noise mate? i'm running full solid fab system, will i be ok on drive by?

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Ryanj1993 said:
Whats your car like on noise mate? i'm running full solid fab system, will i be ok on drive by?
i too run fully fab.. but i will say i do have a bumper CAI which does take my db up when around other cars so i do have to sometimes run a bung

but then again i have done it with no bung.. just depends.. i would recommend get alan to make you a bung for safety. Bedford dont like hondas haha vtec baby

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Update from my above post, I think most DC5's will struggle as I have just seen the db levels:

Static98 dB
Drive By88 dB

I can't even pass the static at that level as is now, maybe once the exhaust is done as at 6.3K I got 101-102db, at 6K 98db and 4K 104db, it's annoying as my setups spot on for power and deep decent tone but I need to swap the system for another to lower the noise still as on the driveby limit on a general trackday there which is as below:

Static105 dB
Drive By92 dB

What Honda's are going that you know of and have they been before? if not may need to pop there first for a sound test or bung it for the test at least lol :)
Yeah unfortunately due to evening session, it's a lower requirement.. I've got to pop by one evening and sound test mine as I've only been brands during day where it's 105.. but saying that, I think last time my static was around 96-98

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Yeah unfortunately due to evening session, it's a lower requirement.. I've got to pop by one evening and sound test mine as I've only been brands during day where it's 105.. but saying that, I think last time my static was around 96-98
I will have a new system when I get back from Cuba so the car will be quieter and I am going to try and make it as quiet as I can to future proof it as MSV did say that the councils are getting stricter and stricter with each year :-(