Track Day down south

Big_phil

I‘m down south as well, Andover Hampshire. Thruxton is 5mins away, so would be up for that. I‘m at Combe Monday 16th April. Also, some of the evenings at brands look good as well. Maybe get a group of us together?

Fez

Advanced Member
I'll be doing pembrey 19th may, as long as nothing breaks at anglesey next week 😂

Ryanj1993

Advanced Member
ollieh17 said:
Action day numpties not driving to conditions lol
That at Combe is notorious for accidents aside from action days. I‘d be keen for Thruxton and Brands if I pass the sound test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Ryanj1993 said:
That at Combe is notorious for accidents aside from action days. I‘d be keen for Thruxton and Brands if I pass the sound test

If you're genuinely worried about crashing/new to track driving i would strongly recommend doing Bedford. So much run off, no adverse cambers or changes in elevation. Good way to get to grips with your car.

But as you've said, noise could be an issue. Brands and Bedford a some of the strictest.

ollieh17

Advanced Member
Ryanj1993 said:

Fair, never seen much happen apart from Action Days. I know some insurance companies don't cover it though! Bloody hell Thruxton has a pretty low limit!

Big_phil

Thruxton has a crazy low limit. All the locals in the village kick right off... even though they get free tickets to everything! There was a period where they closed it for public days. Nice track, but so quick!

Mattz

Advanced Member
I'm hopefully doing brands next month with some mates, I'd be down for another one in June/July as well though :)

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Mattz said:
I'm hopefully doing brands next month with some mates, I'd be down for another one in June/July as well though :)
What day are you doing?

Shall we all just try and get on that one?

Phil r type

Advanced Member
As soon as I'm back on a dc5 I'm booking a track day ! done brands and thruxston twice last year love it ! For me thruxston was better . Not meany track you can hit over 130mph on with only 200 ish bhp :)

Ryanj1993

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
If you're genuinely worried about crashing/new to track driving i would strongly recommend doing Bedford. So much run off, no adverse cambers or changes in elevation. Good way to get to grips with your car.

But as you've said, noise could be an issue. Brands and Bedford a some of the strictest.
Done plenty and Combe a number of times and I‘m just not that keen on it. Bedford looks good, it‘s on the list.

Ryanj1993

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Sorry guys I land form Cuba on the 20th and can't collect the car in time for that one :-(
I‘m in the same boat. Ideally looking to book on for June.

Ryanj1993

Advanced Member
Phil r type said:
As soon as I'm back on a dc5 I'm booking a track day ! done brands and thruxston twice last year love it ! For me thruxston was better . Not meany track you can hit over 130mph on with only 200 ish bhp :)
Another one?

carl hammond

Advanced Member
You have a DC5 don't you? or buying another one?

Phil r type

Advanced Member
Errr..... maybe, But looking for white or black this time not blue so technically completely different car ;) lol

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Errr..... maybe, But looking for white or black this time not blue so technically completely different car ;) lol
When you're looking let me know as I may sell mine as I am considering a completely stripped race DC5 (non road worthy) or something similar at present :)