Type R R

T8YPR

Honda dealer manager confirms to myself in person Type R R will be at least 300bhp. Couldnt confirm 4wd tho but only around 350 willl be made. More exclusive than any other Type R.
If it is 4wd i might think about swapping the evo for one

Crisis

Advanced Member
I've heard about it. Didn't know it was going to be limited. Makes sense though.

300BHP... has to be RWD or 4WD and as the rest of the range is going to be FWD I would put money on 4WD.

Still dont like it thou. Geneva may sway me but currently Im not liking it.

T8YPR

re type rr

Just remember that after all good civic type r's come an even more improved integra

Zero7

Advanced Member
350 will not be made, that is what Audi said to my mate about the TT, I had never heard of it and it was so hyped up he put a deposit on it. The rest is history :lol:

T8YPR

I got the one of the first silver civic type r's off the production line and was told there would be 1000 made per year. That turned out not to be true but the type rr is not a the base model like the civic or a tt. It will probably be around the 25k mark so numbers will be limited

kingston

Advanced Member
Re: re type rr

T8YPR said:
Just remember that after all good civic type r's come an even more improved integra
Dont think there will be one this time as the Integra line is being killed off (for the moment)

T8YPR

They said that when i had my dc2 so i bought the ctr. Then had to get the dc5 when i saw it

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
Honda also now saying that a new Accord Type-R is being released in late 2007

Which would be 8) if its true

dan the man

Advanced Member
rumours rumours

just wait and see methinks.

world was meant to end not long ago werent it :|

fenomeno26

Advanced Member
True wait and see. The DC5 was not planned for Japanese Market but for the American market as an entry level for the Acura brand to enter the entry level luxury sports coupe. Then they decided to do it for the Japanese market.

crxvtec

Advanced Member
Don't believe the hype - they're not likely to engineer something as clever as AWD in a Civic/Integra chassis for it to only sell 350 units!

Here's some maths (figures completely made up to illustrate a point):
Honda R&D/tooling/manufacturing/support costs for AWD in DC5/EP3 = £20,000,000
Total units manufactured = 350
Cost increment per unit to break even = 20,000,000/350=£57142
Selling price to break even = £80,000

This pushes the DC5 into Aston Martin V8 Vantage territory. :shock:

If they do make a Type RR, then expect it to be a NA high HP stripped out race car (bit like what Type Rs used to be!)

andyd

Advanced Member
I though it was some V12 Quad Turbo pumping out in the region of 2500Bhp though a new FWD systemm :lol:

Andy

marty140

T8YPR, just where are you getting this information from?
No dealer manager in the country has any info on the so called type RR.
Anything anyone hears is just crap, the only info realeased from honda UK is that there will be a civic 06 type r only.
people can guess and at the end of the day, this all may be true.
but there's no point gettin us all excited for somethin that may never happen :)

aself66

Advanced Member
when i was last in honda brislington i was reading through their press releases and all it mentioned was that was going to be a new ctr

crxvtec

Advanced Member
andyd said:
I though it was some V12 Quad Turbo pumping out in the region of 2500Bhp though a new FWD systemm :lol:

Andy
Rumour has it that it's supersonic.