What would you replace your teg with if you had to?

anticlaus105

Advanced Member
I've had my car for nearly 4 years now and despite one or two hiccups loved it all that time. However it is getting old (Y reg) and high mileage. I'm starting to think about getting something newer. Problem is what do I get? I quite like the Nissan 350z and would prob get the coupe with aero kit. There was a pic of a black one on here while ago that looked mint. I am also considering a newer teg (more practical than 350Z). I can't find any decent pics of what the facelift model looks like. Seems a bit sad not to try something different tho.

What would people on here go for if you had the give the teg up?

dotty

Advanced Member
Evo 8 MRFQ 320.

It was an option before I got the DC5, However long weekend commutes and fuel blls/servicing intervals put me off the idea.

I will have an Evo when I marry my Fiancee and we are living together 8)

DolphiN Tech

Advanced Member
Tricky...

Until 6 hours ago I would have said a 911 Carrera 2, but borrowed one today and the driving position is appalling for me.

RS4? 335i?

Zero7

Advanced Member
NSX-R, I've donr the high powered turbo charged cars and they just don't provide that buzz/driving pleasure.

I had a kid in the back of his dads car taking pics of my car with his camera phone the order day :D Never got that in my EVO.

Evs

Advanced Member
Need more info on budget / practical requirements / intended mileage really?

I like the idea of the 350z but they are very heavy and I think it'd feel cumbersome after the DC5. Not driven one though. I'd look at an E46 M3, Boxster or S2k but if they're not your bag then I'd be struggling to see past another DC5 tbh.

turbo5

Advanced Member
Lotus Exige and I am seriously thinking about it, but would need a 2nd car for everyday running.
It certainly wouldn't be that lardy ar$e new CTR in the Bronze colour :lol:

turbo5

Advanced Member
anticlaus105 said:
I've had my car for nearly 4 years now and despite one or two hiccups loved it all that time. However it is getting old (Y reg) and high mileage. I'm starting to think about getting something newer. Problem is what do I get? I quite like the Nissan 350z and would prob get the coupe with aero kit. There was a pic of a black one on here while ago that looked mint. I am also considering a newer teg (more practical than 350Z). I can't find any decent pics of what the facelift model looks like. Seems a bit sad not to try something different tho.

What would people on here go for if you had the give the teg up?
I have posted some pics in the gallery for you.
http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 1162#81162

sh33n

Advanced Member
I saw a lovely EVO IV FQ 320 at the Mitsi garage yesterday, that would do very nicely!

I think my next car will be an M3, but that's sometime away, insurance is a joke for a start, and I love the DC5 far too much too part with her anytime soon!

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
Purely depends on money tbh.

S2000 (Gotta own a convertible @ least once)

Porsche Boxster S

M3 (Although too many chavvy drug dealers own em :? )

MR320 EVO

Would be my shortlist so far....

Neil_H

Advanced Member
Depending on how much money I have available next year (about to buy a flat so probably not much!)

- 350Z
- R34 GTR
- Noble M12

I miss my S2000 and will probably own another some day, not just yet though.

Suped

Advanced Member
Would probably move to get an Astra 888 diesel for a roundabout and maybe get another teg on the side. :lol:

martin200

Advanced Member
- Nissan 350Z with twin turbo conversion - too slow without

- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII 260 + my own ECU, Turbo Charger and Fettling = better than any of the FQ range :p

- R34 Skyline V-Spec - I'll take no less if I was to buy a Skyline!

- Ferrari F355 Berlineta

- Audi RS4 / RS6 - Any, new, old, what have you, any would please me.

- Lotus Exige, with K20 conversion, of course

Now if I can dream for a bit, I'd like:

Porsche 911 GT3
Nobel M15

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I'm not sure. I've always known what car I want next but now I don't have a clue.

Probably an S2K with extensive weight saving mods.

anticlaus105

Advanced Member
Cheers for the replies (and the pics turbo5). Hasn't really helped my cause tho. Still haven't got a clue.

Would have liked an evo couple of years back but 4500 miles per service. Screw that. I drive about 25k a year. Don't like WRX STI's now. Think they look sh!t.

Teg seems to be the only decent practical fast car around. A mate has an M3 convertible. No room in the boot and even less in the back.

I like the looks of the 350z. Isn't the newer version faster (5.8 to 60)? Maybe not as prctical as the teg but I think I could live with it. I also like rare cars and I don't see too many 350z's about. Plus I wouldn't have to wait 5 months for parts.