What would you replace your teg with if you had to?

gaz3434

Advanced Member
gsrgeoff said:
Yes - you are right !!! :oops: :oops:

They are very rare aswell - so rare I forgot they existed !

:lol:
So is that one I pictured an import or is it an RS version (or is it both)? If it is white, does it automatically mean it is an RS? It's definitely something I'd consider changing to if I sold the DC5. I'd love to find out the owner of this one and give him an offer for it.... :wink: :)

crxvtec

Advanced Member
RS is the motorsport version: white paint, steel rims, 5MT tranny, no frills.
Plan is that these cars are road legal and get prepped for motorsport. The GS-R, on the other hand, is the road car and has all the trimmings.

crxvtec

Advanced Member
It's interesting that they're developing the supercharged model in the UK and not in the US or Japan.

Stick a Nismo kit on it and I think it's a good option.

As is the BMW 135ti - 306bhp in a 1 series will make for some impressive performance.

cwoodsie2

Really good reading this as you realise just how many boxes the teg's ticks. Got a DC2 myself and love it - gets me to work, absolutely no rattles, 30+mpg and the bike fits in the back at the weekends and i'm sure it's the same with the DC5s. And the best part is you can still enjoy vtec blurred vision at the press of a foot 8)

Would love to join you in the ranks in DC5 ownership but really can't justify it - think i'll go back to a Motegi Prelude or Accord Type-R.

If money was no object though i'd have an Audi S8 for weekdays and Exige for the weekends. Have to keep myself away from cheap old cars though such as old A8's, M3's etc as I know they'd be murder to fix if something serious happened :oops:

gsrgeoff

Advanced Member
[/quote]
So is that one I pictured an import or is it an RS version (or is it both)? If it is white, does it automatically mean it is an RS? It's definitely something I'd consider changing to if I sold the DC5. [/quote]

Well i've only ever heard / seen one (non RS) VIII MR in white, hence the confusion.

The UK MR FQ's were only made in Red, silver & gunmetal so that one has to be an import which is badged as a UK FQ model.
:wink:

gsrgeoff

Advanced Member
anticlaus105 said:
I've had my car for nearly 4 years now and despite one or two hiccups loved it all that time. However it is getting old (Y reg) and high mileage. I'm starting to think about getting something newer. Problem is what do I get? I quite like the Nissan 350z and would prob get the coupe with aero kit. There was a pic of a black one on here while ago that looked mint. I am also considering a newer teg (more practical than 350Z). I can't find any decent pics of what the facelift model looks like. Seems a bit sad not to try something different tho.

What would people on here go for if you had the give the teg up?
THIS -> http://www.itr-dc5.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9060

:lol:

anticlaus105

Advanced Member
Phoned a couple of nissan dealers re 350z gt-s. Few more deatils/pics here and other places if you search.

http://www.newswheel.com/newswheel/stor ... uction.htm

They have taken my details and are gonna get back to me.

Just wondered what insurance diff would be. Would the fact it's not an import offset the increased performance/price?

It appears to me that this UK 350z will be quicker than the Jap only nismo 350z and possibly cheaper.

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarr ... ne_gt.html

gsrgeoff said:
That just takes me to the main board

gregb

Advanced Member
Would have to be a nissan and most likely the force induced route,but i`d settle easily for a heavily modded 350z fairlady :p