What would you replace your teg with if you had to?

iDrew

Advanced Member
I shall be replacing my teg very soon (currently writing the advert :cry: ), I shall be replacing it with.....

Either a Focus, a Golf or an Audi A3...

... and a house :D

kingston

Advanced Member
Pending on how much i had to play with, realistically probably a pick-up or some diesal run-a-bout.

Maybe a T350 (TVR) if i was only using it as a weekend car.

Going to be buying a house too shortly, though saved enough up not to have to sell the teg, big problem i have is where to buy :?

David Fox

Advanced Member
anticlaus105 said:
Cheers for the replies (and the pics turbo5). Hasn't really helped my cause tho. Still haven't got a clue.

Would have liked an evo couple of years back but 4500 miles per service. Screw that. I drive about 25k a year. Don't like WRX STI's now. Think they look sh!t.

Teg seems to be the only decent practical fast car around. A mate has an M3 convertible. No room in the boot and even less in the back.

I like the looks of the 350z. Isn't the newer version faster (5.8 to 60)? Maybe not as prctical as the teg but I think I could live with it. I also like rare cars and I don't see too many 350z's about. Plus I wouldn't have to wait 5 months for parts.
My old man has the newer 350Z with the full GT pack, it's an awesome car in my opinion, although you can't throw it about as much as the Teg, its still a very fun car to drive. It's got plenty of grunt (5.8 is correct, 180mph, don't listen to the 155mph top speed quote) and the styling is spot on as well. Practicality is pants obviously, not enough room compared to the Teg, but you said you could live with that. Interior wise is more elegant than the Teg, especially on the GT Pack, but i prefer the Teg's sporty no-nonense interior.

When I change cars, it will be a 350Z without a doubt, as I love the cars, and plus Ill be buying my Dads', so I can expect a family discount on the price (hopefully) :shock:

anticlaus105

Advanced Member
David Fox said:
My old man has the newer 350Z with the full GT pack, it's an awesome car in my opinion, although you can't throw it about as much as the Teg, its still a very fun car to drive. It's got plenty of grunt (5.8 is correct, 180mph, don't listen to the 155mph top speed quote) and the styling is spot on as well. Practicality is pants obviously, not enough room compared to the Teg, but you said you could live with that. Interior wise is more elegant than the Teg, especially on the GT Pack, but i prefer the Teg's sporty no-nonense interior.

When I change cars, it will be a 350Z without a doubt, as I love the cars, and plus Ill be buying my Dads', so I can expect a family discount on the price (hopefully) :shock:
That's more like it. Just what I need to hear. I test drove one of the older 350z's. Does anyone know the performance difference between older and newer 350z? It was quick but nothing too special compared to the teg. Will have to have a go in a newer one methinks.

pcplod6878

What have Honda been thinking? All these people coming up with ideas for replacements that are both more expensive and not as good as the teg, and yet Honda won't officially sell it over here and are getting rid of it soon internationally as well.

It's a sad, sad thing...

The Mofo

Advanced Member
Well said pcplod. I picked my teg up and saturday and I can't believe Honda won't sell it in the uk it's an awesome sports car that's practical as well.

David Fox

Advanced Member
anticlaus105 said:
David Fox said:

That's more like it. Just what I need to hear. I test drove one of the older 350z's. Does anyone know the performance difference between older and newer 350z? It was quick but nothing too special compared to the teg. Will have to have a go in a newer one methinks.
The new one is 300 bhp, the older one is 276 bhp. Performance of the 350Z won't blow away the Teg, in fact after a blast on some country roads he struggled to keep up. In a straight line the 350Z wins, just has a lot more grunt, but its expected from a 3.5 V6. He just had some awesome Buddy Club 19's put on it by Unit 8 yesterday as well, and it looks awesome!

It's a highly recommended car mate, failing that a BMW M3, but nearly every BMW driver is a tosser so I wouldn't 8)

David Fox

Advanced Member
pcplod6878 said:
What have Honda been thinking? All these people coming up with ideas for replacements that are both more expensive and not as good as the teg, and yet Honda won't officially sell it over here and are getting rid of it soon internationally as well.

It's a sad, sad thing...
Totally agree mate, and Honda should replace it with either an updated version or just another facelift (NSX did ok for all those years).

While it is debatable people replacing it with better cars (Is there such a thing), you can't deny the fact that replacing it with Evo's, 350z or Skyline is no bad thing.
We know there isn't a better car than the Integra otherwise we wouldn't be on this site and owning one!

pcplod6878

Which other cars give you such power, handling, looks and practicality at this price? Just can't see anything about at the moment that I could see as a realistic replacement...

dan the man

Advanced Member
He just had some awesome Buddy Club 19's put on it by Unit 8 yesterday as well, and it looks awesome!
)[/quote]

yeah looked at them while i was there..nice. small world.

and at the mo im currently looking at EVO7s and E39 M5s :wink:

benny

Advanced Member
what about merc amg or brabhums, brabus how ever the hell you spell it?
there mental as anything(any body fell the urge to" anyone wanna live it" up)
practical, stylish?
theres a 17 year old kid who goes to a private school near me got one, god damn lucky bas!ard

okay waitin for the slaiting!

David Fox

Advanced Member
benny said:
what about merc amg or brabhums, brabus how ever the hell you spell it?
there mental as anything(any body fell the urge to" anyone wanna live it" up)
practical, stylish?
theres a 17 year old kid who goes to a private school near me got one, god d*mn lucky bas!ard

okay waitin for the slaiting!
Nothing wrong with the AMG Merc, Benny, my old mans got one (E55 AMG)! Just that I don't have £50k+ to blow on a car!
If your talking about Brabus, then you may as well double the price or get the ultimate one - Brabus CLS. £217,000!

David Fox

Advanced Member
dan the man said:
He just had some awesome Buddy Club 19's put on it by Unit 8 yesterday as well, and it looks awesome!
)
yeah looked at them while i was there..nice. small world.

and at the mo im currently looking at EVO7s and E39 M5s :wink:[/quote]

I wouldn't mind the Evo 7/8 - Servicing is a bit steep is it not? :?
As for the M5 - great choice Dan. My dad's friend has one in a very dark blue (don't know the BMW Colour name for it), an awesome car, very quick and sounds beautiful. Limited to 155mph? I don't think so! If you go past 155mph in 5th gear then change up once you pass it, you can wring 190mph out of them - he done this on the Autobahn after advice from another M5 owner!

When do you think you'll take the plunge Dan?

dan the man

Advanced Member
went into BMW today to enquire about service costs and the like for M5s...

are steep but i only do 7k or so, so would only come round once a year minimum.

U have an oil change the intermediate service, then oil then main service. Is expensive but in a year or maybe more not too bad as main every few years for me. But the biggest bugbear is if something goes wrong, BMW warranty for the year is £1500 which i cant justify, but if im trying to get a fault sorted it could cost me a lot anyway.

Also maintainance, brakes and stuff will cost a lot and other systems. I know its BMW and have faith but stuff does crop up and is a dear car to run.

insurance seems bit cack at the mo but need to do some more ringing round and see how it lies......

As for evos i havnt checked service costs yet, every 4.5k i do know and thats engine oil and rear diff oil every time. then whatever else. at 45k the belts need doing and prob the clutch so best to but well under this or when its just been done etc...

If i can get decent quotes then ill look for fully looked after cars and see what i think. Need to check out more pathways for finding parts for each really, always gotta be cheaper than the dealers somewhere....

and NSXs have not come down in price yet of what ive seen as i would trust one of them more than either of the evos or M5s.

dan

David Fox

Advanced Member
dan the man said:
went into BMW today to enquire about service costs and the like for M5s...

are steep but i only do 7k or so, so would only come round once a year minimum.

U have an oil change the intermediate service, then oil then main service. Is expensive but in a year or maybe more not too bad as main every few years for me. But the biggest bugbear is if something goes wrong, BMW warranty for the year is £1500 which i cant justify, but if im trying to get a fault sorted it could cost me a lot anyway.

Also maintainance, brakes and stuff will cost a lot and other systems. I know its BMW and have faith but stuff does crop up and is a dear car to run.

insurance seems bit cack at the mo but need to do some more ringing round and see how it lies......

As for evos i havnt checked service costs yet, every 4.5k i do know and thats engine oil and rear diff oil every time. then whatever else. at 45k the belts need doing and prob the clutch so best to but well under this or when its just been done etc...

If i can get decent quotes then ill look for fully looked after cars and see what i think. Need to check out more pathways for finding parts for each really, always gotta be cheaper than the dealers somewhere....

and NSXs have not come down in price yet of what ive seen as i would trust one of them more than either of the evos or M5s.

dan
Ill speak to my dads mate and get the low down on the M5 for you, he should help you out mate.

As for the Evo, Im keen myself, but I do about 8- 10k a year, and I have to have a decent interior and the Evo's is pants. The 350Z is nice, but a bit enclosed. The M5 and AMG Mercs are proper cruisers, but cost wise (servicing, warranty, etc) a bit out of my league financially, I couldn't justify running a machine that big.

mikegsi

Staff member
im gonna be backtracking slightly with my next car(s)

the teg will be going early next year, so will my omega and her golf, all to be replaced by a sensible new accord estate diesel and an older accord type r (need the four doors but still want a hooligan toy!!)

dan the man

Advanced Member
personally dont mind evo 7 and up interiors.still not as nice and well built as the DC5s tho as was sat in a 7 today.

in silver and standard looked great 8)