Which coilovers?

MeisterR

I think it is better to think it is as part of the coilovers kit, as the entire kit are designed so you can be flexible with it.

At £719 delivered, you have everything in the box ready to fit your car.
There isn't anything extra you need, and unless you run out of adjustments there isn't anything you need to add.

Camber used to be an concern, but since we have the elongated bolt hole on the lower bracket where you can tilt the hub to gain more negative camber, I haven't heard from any customer regarding that.
The entire package was designed so you have lots of option with the coilovers, and make it easier for future upkeep should you need to replace any parts.

Jerrick

kammy11

Advanced Member
Interesting read, good information also!
Whah are your opinions on steering rack raiser then. Would you say there is a rough lowering amount you would think this is when I need to get one as such?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MeisterR

Rack spacer is similar to inverted track rod end.
My opinion is unless it is necessary then there is no need.

There really isn't a lowering amount number but it's one of those if it's not broke, don't fix it.
Given the usage of MeisterR customers, You have a higher chance of messing up something that works than fixing an issue when you start to mess with the steering arm angle.

That my opinion if you ask me.

Jerrick

martinj46

Advanced Member
I had a rack raiser fitted to my car and it had to be removed when I fitted MeisterR coilovers as with it fitted the toe couldn't be adjusted anywhere near where it should be. The garage tried many times, but as soon as the rack raiser was removed, the alignment worked first time.

MeisterR

I can only comment on what we measure up at our workshop, and that it wasn't needed.

Jerrick

MeisterR

I'll keep everyone up to date as soon as the stock lands in about 2 weeks time. :)

We have road tested the ZetaCRD and the on road performance are great, what you will notice is you will run higher up in the adjustment range even for road use.
That is because the ZetaCRD are design to work at full stiff for track use, so as you go up on the damping adjustments you will notice the steering response get sharper and shaper.

I am sure you guys will find a setting that you like once you get a little seat time, I am excited to hear all the feedback. :)

Jerrick

M

mattreay

Hi Jerrick,
What is the minimum amount that the ZetaCRD coilovers will allow you to lower the car by?
I'm more interested in firming up the suspension than lowering the car.
Thanks,
Matt

mikeyw85

mattreay said:
Hi Jerrick,
What is the minimum amount that the ZetaCRD coilovers will allow you to lower the car by?
I'm more interested in firming up the suspension than lowering the car.
Thanks,
Matt
I'd also like to know this. Can't afford to take much off the ride height.

M

mattreay

I PM'ed Jerrick in case he wasn't following this thread. The reply was...

MeisterR said:
Hi Matt,

We have never actually measured it before (every car is different). However they are similar to lowering springs so about 20mm.

Kind regards,

Edwin
From what I've read it sounds like a 20mm drop shouldn't cause too many problems.
I'll be very interested to hear the experiences of those people who have ordered the new coil overs.
I'm undecided between these, Bilstein B14s or just Eibach or Tanabe springs.
I do 3-4 track days per year and wish the standard suspension was firmer on track, but I love it on the road.

spooke

Advanced Member
mattreay said:
I PM'ed Jerrick in case he wasn't following this thread. The reply was...

From what I've read it sounds like a 20mm drop shouldn't cause too many problems.
I'll be very interested to hear the experiences of those people who have ordered the new coil overs.
I'm undecided between these, Bilstein B14s or just Eibach or Tanabe springs.
I do 3-4 track days per year and wish the standard suspension was firmer on track, but I love it on the road.

I can recommend MeisterR's from my brother having a set of Zeta R on his EK shape Civic, completely transformed the car (his wasn't a Type R) but it is very compliant to the UK roads still, he's only been on track once with them but they felt great!

If you're willing to wait I can give a review on the new ZetaCRD :)

M

mattreay

Thanks spooke. I'll be very interested to hear how you get on.

M

mattreay

Has anyone received and fitted their new MeisterR coilovers yet? Just wondering how people are getting on with them?

Also, happy new year everyone.

spooke

Advanced Member
mattreay said:
Has anyone received and fitted their new MeisterR coilovers yet? Just wondering how people are getting on with them?

Also, happy new year everyone.
There was a slight delay in Jerrick receiving them, he's shipping them out on the 4th - I'll post up photo's etc. in my progress thread. Probably won't be fitting them till end of the month though :p

JDM-DC5

Advanced Member
I'll post pictures in time once I start a build thread. As already said, they are getting posted tomorrow and looking forward to getting them to replace the d2's! The DC5 won't be out till the roads are clear of salt so I'd be guessing near easter time :(