Yokohama AD08 or Bridgestone RE070

bud

Been reading reviews on both for days now but still cant make up my mind

From what i have gathered both have amazing grip levels in the dry but the RE070 are ment to be really bad in wet weather. The side walls are super stiff on the RE070's which gives that more ravor sharp feel compared to the AD08. Also heard the RE070 are extremely noisey. Ummm decisions

Im currently swaying to the RE070 only beacuse its the OEM tyre for FD2 :xgrin:

So could those who have or had these tyres on a DC5 just give me a quick review

Thanks

Dan

Stoo

Whining.....
AD08s are more focused towards track work but are fantastic in the wet. Still very stiff sidewalls. I love them.

The RE070's are pitched as more of a road tyre.

ollydc5

Advanced Member
I've been running re070's for a few years now and I'll never choose another road tire for my teg, I don't find them to bad in the wet to be fair but I do like a bit of opposite lock on a Sunday evening. Not sure what the ad08's are like but they are a well rated tire, the harder side walls do help when Cornering really hard and compared to other tires I've used they aren't as twitchy. Also I standard tire on one of the impreza's too, I currently pay £120 fitted a tire but I'm just about to move over to a048's for track

bud

Cheers guys, seeing as i wont be on track that much i may go with RE070

Sun where did your order yours from?

TypeRiter

Advanced Member
Camskill. If you speak to them - do no tell them you are buying the tyres for a DC5. They won't sell them to you.

Best bet is to just order through their site.

sovietspybob

Advanced Member
I've got the re070s on my scooby and theyre amazing, they scrub in like proper track tyres as don't just melt into a gooey mess! Really sharp turn in aswell thanks to the big shoulder blocks and stiff sidewall.

firthy22

Advanced Member
Camskill. If you speak to them - do no tell them you are buying the tyres for a DC5. They won't sell them to you.

Best bet is to just order through their site.
Probably a daft question but why won't they sell them if it's for a DC5 ??

bud

Can they not be bought in 215 then?

Anyone got a picture of them on OEM wheels?

TypeRiter

Advanced Member
They are only available in limited fitments becuase Bridgestone only make the RE070's for OEM fitment IIRC.. FD2, S2000CR, Nissan GTR, 2005 STi etc. etc. that list indicates indicates the kind of regard the tyres are held in..

So the fitments available are only those that are produced for the OEM cars, they were released for - hence limited.

No, I don't believe they are available in 215 on 17" wheels.

225/45/17's not an issue for me as my wheels are 8" wide.. unlike the OEM's.

bud

I think im going to ask uncle tom

See how much he can supply both tyres and what he thinks

jono888

Advanced Member
I have RE070 on mine, I'll take photos of them later on with the OEM wheels and post them on here, away on business trip for 5 days at the moment :(

integraleo

Advanced Member
any particular reason you havent put the goodyear eagle assymetric 2 tyres on that list?
awesome tyre in my opinion i shall definately be getting some more in the summer

dave c

400hp K20
Once you try the RE070's I doubt you'll change again, awesome tyre, they are about 105 p tyre on tyretraders ;) I need some actually, group buy anyone lol

duncan84

Advanced Member
im up for some of the RE070's :) i need 4

do you find though because there 225 wide that the steering is heavier and less responsive? im toying with 215's or 225's but i just dont know which one to go for

any help would be great thanks :)