Yokohama AD08 or Bridgestone RE070

Marshall-P

Advanced Member
Just bought RE070,s all round to replace my less than desirable RE050's £84.40 inc VAT :xyes:

tico_87

Advanced Member
If anyone is interested in RE070 or any other tyres for that matter, check out Funky Tyres on Facebook (their a new trader on civiclife).

He quoted me £78 each inc delivery!! I thought the £99 I paid Camskill last time was good already lol

Steve_DC5

Advanced Member
I did some testing yesterday at Cadwell with some RE070 and AD08s.

Only on the front though, so RE070 on the rear and swapped to some AD08s on the front. AD08s were 215 to.
But still gives a feel for difference.

Out right grip when hot, AD08s are superior, laptimes were quicker. Turn in was still sharp but like I say that may have been aided by RE070 on rear.
RE070 have the better initial feel on turn in, but do not have the consistent grip through the bend and will tend to understeer without warning. The AD08 seem to squirm ALOT more and don't inspire as much confidence but once man up and plough the gas on they grip really well and hang in there, even though you can feel the tyre flexing all over trying to grip.

Same finding under braking, you can feel the AD08s squirm around under braking, where as the RE070 barely move imo. I need some new tyres, need to way up feel/cost/grip to see what I go for. Can see me sticking with RE070 as I like the way they ride. Don't get me wrong they grip REALLY well but the AD08 is defo the tyre with the most grip.

£80 a tyre atm for RE070 £120 for AD08 both 225/45/17 - RE070 a lot cheaper for a set.

Never tested them in the wet, but been in Civic with them in the wet, they grip well compared to the RE070 which seem to lack any sort of grip in the wet on a track.

Again all the above is my opinion, not exactly a fair test with different tyre sizes etc but gives an idea of difference.

nellly

Advanced Member
Marshall-P said:
Was that from Camskill?
No i got the price from black circles with fitting then got a local garage to price match with black circles i can even choose the local garage that priced matched so they dont have a real choice in match the price as they will be fitting them even if i ordered from black circles lol

dotty

Advanced Member
Steve_DC5 said:
I did some testing yesterday at Cadwell with some RE070 and AD08s.

Only on the front though, so RE070 on the rear and swapped to some AD08s on the front. AD08s were 215 to.
But still gives a feel for difference.

Out right grip when hot, AD08s are superior, laptimes were quicker. Turn in was still sharp but like I say that may have been aided by RE070 on rear.
RE070 have the better initial feel on turn in, but do not have the consistent grip through the bend and will tend to understeer without warning. The AD08 seem to squirm ALOT more and don't inspire as much confidence but once man up and plough the gas on they grip really well and hang in there, even though you can feel the tyre flexing all over trying to grip.

Same finding under braking, you can feel the AD08s squirm around under braking, where as the RE070 barely move imo. I need some new tyres, need to way up feel/cost/grip to see what I go for. Can see me sticking with RE070 as I like the way they ride. Don't get me wrong they grip REALLY well but the AD08 is defo the tyre with the most grip.

£80 a tyre atm for RE070 £120 for AD08 both 225/45/17 - RE070 a lot cheaper for a set.

Never tested them in the wet, but been in Civic with them in the wet, they grip well compared to the RE070 which seem to lack any sort of grip in the wet on a track.

Again all the above is my opinion, not exactly a fair test with different tyre sizes etc but gives an idea of difference.
Interesting, I love the AD08, will be getting another set once these 595 RSR's are dead.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
just seen on facebook Funky tyres are doing the RE's for £79 (delivered) each if anyones looking.

I bought AD08s a few month back and couldnt rate them high enough.

Marshall-P

Advanced Member
Had my re070's for two weeks now and the difference particularly in cooler or wet conditions is remarkable when compared to the re050's you certainly notice the stiffer tyre walls in the corners also.

tico_87

Advanced Member
tico_87 said:
If anyone is interested in RE070 or any other tyres for that matter, check out Funky Tyres on Facebook (their a new trader on civiclife).

He quoted me £78 each inc delivery!! I thought the £99 I paid Camskill last time was good already lol
Teegwa said:
just seen on facebook Funky tyres are doing the RE's for £79 (delivered) each if anyones looking.

I bought AD08s a few month back and couldnt rate them high enough.
****cough***slow coach****cough**** :p

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
A tyre I had on my Golf were Vrederstein Ultrac Sessantas, they were a brilliant tyre in both the wet and dry really rate them.

integraleo

Advanced Member
I had the ultrac sessantas on my last dc5.....before it was written off! Not a bad tyre by any means and certainly better than the falkens I replaced them with. However I now have the Goodyear eagle f1 as2's and they are far far better,going on people's opinions on here the re070s are similar dry grip to mine with the ad08s being better again. So on a scale of 1-10 I would rate the sessantas a 6.5 with my Goodyears being an 8.5 along with the re070s and ad08s a 9-9.5.
Sessantas are a good mid range tyre but outclassed by the 3 above.

dc55_11

Advanced Member
What about the Yokohama Parada Spec2 I had that tyre on my old car and was simply amazing in the dry and very good in the wet tho, surprised to see that no one has mentioned it yet ? Or am I missing something :D

integraleo

Advanced Member
Parada spec 2's are DANGEROUS in the wet. I dont even rate them that highly in the dry but some people do.

nellly

Advanced Member
i had spec 2's on my old dc2 they was good in the dry and ok in the wet as long as its warm. as soon as winter came the wet weather made them very slippery. you just learn to drive to the weather a little more and be very over cautious

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I had Spec 2's on my EK9 and I'd heard horror stories about them in the wet and I actually found them to be a quality tyre in both dry and wet, not sure what they'd be like on the Teg though.

Either way I think I will stick with the general consensus and that is to go for the RE070's.

Altecians

Advanced Member
Out of a few sets Ive gone through, ad08s for the win in that group.
1.Ad08
2.R1R
3.RSR
4.RS2

Steve_DC5

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
Parada spec 2's are DANGEROUS in the wet. I dont even rate them that highly in the dry but some people do.
someone who agree's with me :) - been saying that for years and always seem to get shot down for it.

chrex

Advanced Member
I had paradas on my old 2.0 corsa a few years back. They were brilliant in the dry, but I defo agree that in the wet...they never inspired confidence at all.

For the teg...070s are the definite choice for me. Need to replace the 050s on the back with some...