Yokohama AD08 or Bridgestone RE070

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
The 070's don't seem to be getting a good review in the wet, are they ok in the wet those that have them?

chrex

Advanced Member
Thing is, any tyre that is amazing in the dry, won't work brilliantly in the wet because of the compounds. Plus, there is that much crap on our roads - oil, diesel and other contaminates that it's not worth hooning it about. The 070's provide enough positive feel in the wet at normal speeds for you to be comfortable with them. Stopping distances seem to be good too from what i've found when 'testing' them.

Mebz

Advanced Member
I've been watching this thread with keen interest but in the end ordered some Goodyear eagle F1 assym 2.

Went with the F1's because of their all weather performance plus I've only just bought the car so want to familiarise myself with it before going for some more extreme tyres.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
There is the new ad08r coming out the start of September. The tyre looks the same but different compounds so it works better and sooner, also some other fancy benefits too.
I've got a set ordered but got to wait another 3 weeks, 6 weeks total! :(

maxvr6

Advanced Member
tricker_luke said:
There is the new ad08r coming out the start of September. The tyre looks the same but different compounds so it works better and sooner, also some other fancy benefits too.
I've got a set ordered but got to wait another 3 weeks, 6 weeks total! :(
Where did you order them from mate, been looking and couldn't find any suppliers. Ended up just going for normal AD08's which will probably last me a year but good to know for future reference :)

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Racepartshop, but all stockists will be getting the new ad08r from Sept onwards as stock is shipped over

Altecians

Advanced Member
It'll be very interesting to see the treadwear of the Rs compared to the regular ad08s. Got to wonder if they are just trying to phase out the originals or just offer a more extreme version. If it is the latter I cant imagine its going to have as much longevity as the originals.

I was just reading the Mugen build thread in the gallery and noticed Si the builder was using these : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/141027475106?lpid=83&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=83&ff19=0 ....Syron Street race.

The price is quite abit lower than the competition but the tread pattern looks pretty agressive. Not familiar with Syron but I remember finding the Toyo R1Rs for a steal of a price before they became super popular and expensive! Anyone familiar with them? Sorry if i've deviated from topic here!

chrex

Advanced Member
The outer shoulder looks the business but i've got a feeling the tyre will feel like recycled milk bottles. Not sure i'd trust the engineering of the tyre if i'm honest - especially when Bridgestone are only £15 more...

Mebz

Advanced Member
There's quite a few guys running the syrons on Civinfo on their FN2's and rate them very highly.

Might be worth a look on there for some reviews if you are thinking of buying.

donkeykong

Advanced Member
just got ad08, damn they grip good...i wonder how they are in the wet since they are rated so good also.
went on zandvoort circuit for a few rounds last friday, didnt drive extreme cause i was too scared to go off :)

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Can't wait for mine to arrive now, I've been running the ad08s and they are very good in the dry, and pretty good in the wet. The new ad08r should be even better.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Does anyone know of anywhere else where I can get the AD08's for cheap bar Camskill?

I keep checking on their website and they were £146 a tyre but have now come down to £115 however they're still not in stock, they haven't had any in stock for pretty much the entire month and I'd prefer these to the Bridgestones.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Cheers buddy, ah bollocks. Looks like it will be the Bridgestones then.

Will check that link out now, nice one mate!

scottr89

Advanced Member
Hi Guys,

Said id revive this old thread since I have a question.

My car is lowered 50mm and currently running 215's, If i stick on some 225 RE070's will I have rubbing issues??

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
scottr89 said:
Hi Guys,

Said id revive this old thread since I have a question.

My car is lowered 50mm and currently running 215's, If i stick on some 225 RE070's will I have rubbing issues??
oem wheels?