Whats the best Type-R?

Grov

Banned
An NSX-R would also break your spine and shake your fillings out on our roads, and it would cost you well in excess of 150k to import one and have it road legal.

Ive only driven a EP3 and DC5, the FD2 is supposed to be awesome though.

dave7368

Advanced Member
NSX R NOT INCLUDED ???

So what you're asking is, what's the second best type r??

What a pointless thread

lujamil

Advanced Member
NSX R NOT INCLUDED ???

So what you're asking is, what's the second best type r??

What a pointless thread
Well then you need not to comment if its pointless.

What's the point of the thread if everyone is going to say NSX?

In reality I am sure most of us on here wouldn't ever buy one; so therefore in my views it isn't a pointless thread at all.

raz786

Advanced Member
I did say all round the FD2 mate, but I haven't Driven one, it was based on what I've read. And by all round I meant

Speed
Handling
Looks are ok
And 4 doors so practical

jay82

Advanced Member
i know its not included. the nsx r is stripped out version of the nsx. so at 150k to get one its the worse type r.
i always seen the type r's are affordable fun just like the fords rs. just think of what cars you would get at the price of a standard nsx

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
fd2 would be my choice unless someone is offering k20 ek9/mk2 crx as an option.

Driven 3 fd2's fwiw- superb drivers car but ugly IMO.

Looks wise and bang for buck dc5 is unbeatable. New enough to be reliable. Comfy enough. Lots of room to use it as a daily or track slag (gear/wheels in back), k20 power mated to one of the best drivetrains of any car, makes it superb and much better than the bhp figures alone make out. Fd2 loses out as the rear seats don't fold which is a pita!! But fd2 does improve on dc5 without doubt.

eg9_dc2

Advanced Member
Haven't driven them all, but based on experience and what I've read, in standard form:

Looks DC5
Handling DC2
Fun EK9
All round FD2

But the looks of the 5 alone do it for me, as it never fails to out a smile on my face when I see one.

agrees.

ultimately the newer cars are always better but it depends on what you like, they all have certain characteristics.

never driven a fd2 though!

i think the k20a and the 6 speed box are a killer combo.

no ones mentioned the accord type r?....never driven 1 of those either.i guess it is all about the civics and integras.

dc5 over ep3 any day of the week, if any civics better than the integra dc5 it can only be the fd2.

eg9_dc2

Advanced Member
does every thread really have to be something new? pointless to every 1 else except the guy that posted the thread. are forums a place of discussion or a place where there only points to be made?

always with the negative feedback.

its a excremente forum with some of the members always tryna put people down for asking stuff.

go on the dc2 forum, totally different.

can some 1 please point me to a thread where theres a discussion about all the type r's since its a useless thread thats probably already been covered but that doesnt matter.

paul 16v

Advanced Member
i think if your going for value for money a ep3 type r as they can be picked up for peanuts.... but if cost is not a issue then either dc5(even thought dc5s can be picked up for 6kish these days) or fd2!

lujamil

Advanced Member
does every thread really have to be something new? pointless to every 1 else except the guy that posted the thread. are forums a place of discussion or a place where there only points to be made?

always with the negative feedback.

its a excremente forum with some of the members always tryna put people down for asking stuff.

go on the dc2 forum, totally different.

can some 1 please point me to a thread where theres a discussion about all the type r's since its a useless thread thats probably already been covered but that doesnt matter.
Very true. I wanted to know the members opinions so I created a thread.

If its pointless then don't waste your time commenting on it. Simple as.

petie180

Advanced Member
At the end of the day is a forum for people who own dc5 so if there is a topic they feel they want to address then why not just let them after all it says nothing in the site rules about pointless topics..

eg9_dc2

Advanced Member
i think if your going for value for money a ep3 type r as they can be picked up for peanuts.... but if cost is not a issue then either dc5(even thought dc5s can be picked up for 6kish these days) or fd2!
yeah i was considering buying an ep3 then with the money left over mod it but then i thought im gonna be annoyed because you see them on every second corner.

but they are nice cars too.

and yeh dc5's are slowly dropping too.(which is inevitable)

the markets messed up, if you need to sell nowadays it has to be cheap that's the only way youl sell...by giving some 1 a bargain.lol

mikegsi

Staff member
some interesting points on here,

I like the DC5 obviously, but wouldnt turn my nose up at an EP3 (JDM the better version IMO), not a huge fan of the NSX, but then Ive never driven or been in one. FD2 does nothing for me looks wise, but the performance speaks for itself over the DC5.

I'd still like the see the Jazz Type R in the flesh though, that'd be fun! :wink:

for me I think it'd be (flame suit ready)

JDM EP3
DC5 (prefacelift)
DC5 (facelift)
FD2
FN2
Euro EP3
EK9
DC2