Whats the best Type-R?

eg9_dc2

Advanced Member
whats your opinions on ep3/dc5/s2000? (ash)

with the 2-3 grand you pay extra for a dc5 you get abit of 'exclusivity'.20 more bhp too,

just buy a dc5!! you can always save up for mods later.lol.

i think the best type r made second to nsx was the dc2.its a classic.the amount of money honda put into the car they barely made a profit producing it initially with all the machine work on engine's etc etc.

ek9 is another option but 1600c is just to less for me.

accord type r's look like theyre lazy with there loong gear ratios and h22a!? lol.

fn2's remind me of a spaceship not a car, and the fd2....perfect i guess.

ashdelsol7

Advanced Member
whats your opinions on ep3/dc5/s2000? (ash)
here's a copy an paste from one of my other posts....if i didnt have the s2000 i would have a dc5......but the thing that swayed it probably more than anything for me was the softtop......i love driving with the roof down and it feels like 2 cars in one with a convertible, the dc5 is basically an s2000 with front wheel drive and more practicality........the ep3 is boring and doesnt compare even slightly to either :rolleyes:

have to agree with this......

i drive an s2000 now and the dc5 was a lot easier/safer to push in the dry and wet, you could drive the car half asleep, feel it slide and still not worry. The s2000 scares the life out of me, coming up to a year of ownership now and still only feel like i know the car 20%. You have to concentrate 100% of the time and be aware that at any point in a corner you might not have the skill to push it that tiny bit more. The 2 cars have been the best i have driven though, the thing with the s2000 is though that there is a massive gap for me to improve my driving skills and in that sense its almost like an addiction, each time i get into the car i feel that tiny bit more confident. Like i have said previously if the s2000 hadnt been my dream car since i was 16 then i would still have the dc5.......i wish i could have both because the dc5 is a very similair feel to the s2000 but got a lot more practicality to it with the big boot, 4 seats etc but then the s2000 has the roof down option. But in answer to the OP.......YES i think the dc5 is easy to get CLOSER to the limit than MOST other cars

lujamil

Advanced Member
You had my opinion and didn't like it ! :xlol:
You obviously had difficulty understanding what I wanted the members opinions on.

NOT on whether you think this thread is useful or pointless, but on what type r you reckon is the best after the NSX.

I see many threads on this forum which I have no interest in; doesn't mean I go telling people that it's a pointless thread because others may not think so.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Ujamil, you should include all typr r 's you want to see on the list, you started the thread so the question is up to you, .

i would also condsider perhaps calling it "whats the best type R you have ever driven or been in" that would eliminate the need for an nsx r, as i cant imagine anyone has been in one.

personally i really like the dc5, think it is a great car all round, extremely reliable, great boot, great perfoarmance, great fun, great looks, at 10 years old still doesnt realy look dated.

i did like the fd2 but must say (and yes i have driven one) i dont think it was any quicker than a dc5 in real life, regardless what the best motoring videos say, but the 4 doors will be appealing to many.

EK9,
if you think the forum is shite, then why are you bothering to post? generally the forum is well run, by the members and mods, pointless threads will pop up from time to time, but are only pointless in some peoples minds, there are a lot less of them than on some other forums, the main reason for this (flame suit done right up) is due to the cars becoming much cheaper, more young drivers are able to buy them and as they have yet to mature ask pointless/silly questions and generally try to turn the forum into facebook/twitter (i delete lots of stuff from many many users)

this forum has always been known as a place with good information and helpful users, if its not to your liking then without appearing to be rude........

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
I have a completely pointless answer...

Q: Whats the best Type-R?
A: All the blue ones

:lol:

Also a pointless joke:

A chicken crossed the road and met James Bond, 'What's your name?' asked the chicken, 'Bond, James Bond. Whats yours?' replied Bond.
'Ken, Chick Ken.'

Moral: Nothing is pointless IMO, especially as someone will enjoy it somewhere.
If you don't like something, don't post a reply and instead let other people who are interested enjoy it.

Unless it is blatantly rude of course!

sinbad

Advanced Member
i did like the fd2 but must say (and yes i have driven one) i dont think it was any quicker than a dc5 in real life, regardless what the best motoring videos say, but the 4 doors will be appealing to many.

+1
Having been in one too i didnt think it felt any quicker either.

eg9_dc2

Advanced Member
Ujamil, you should include all typr r 's you want to see on the list, you started the thread so the question is up to you, .

i would also condsider perhaps calling it "whats the best type R you have ever driven or been in" that would eliminate the need for an nsx r, as i cant imagine anyone has been in one.

personally i really like the dc5, think it is a great car all round, extremely reliable, great boot, great perfoarmance, great fun, great looks, at 10 years old still doesnt realy look dated.

EK9,
if you think the forum is excremente, then why are you bothering to post? generally the forum is well run, by the members and mods, pointless threads will pop up from time to time, but are only pointless in some peoples minds, there are a lot less of them than on some other forums, the main reason for this (flame suit done right up) is due to the cars becoming much cheaper, more young drivers are able to buy them and as they have yet to mature ask pointless/silly questions and generally try to turn the forum into facebook/twitter (i delete lots of stuff from many many users)

this forum has always been known as a place with good information and helpful users, if its not to your liking then without appearing to be rude........
i think you mean me. the forum is ok, theres not many pointless posts and stuff on here which is good as its easy to find info and its very focused. BUT if people stop posting stuff it will get abit boring?

it just seems some members dont wanna chat about stuff thats already maybe been partially discussed but still stick there beaks in to threads to negatively criticize them.

i dont blame them, but not every 1 is as mature and knowledgeable as every 1 else.anyway....

fd2 is just a newer tweaked version of the dc5 with 4 doors.

you cant lose with a dc5. its the best type r to have today.youd rather save the extra 7 g's and tweak it yourself and forget about the 2 extra doors :p

the old 1z as good as they are, are outdated.....

wonder how the old nsx-r will compete with the new v8 nsx though?!

Hoti

Advanced Member
wonder how the old nsx-r will compete with the new v8 nsx though?!
Haha i was thinking that the otherday! On topic, dc5 preface just looks immense in every single way.. the facelift isnt bad either just doesn't look as aggressive imo.

SimAuto

Having driven a dc5, dc2, EP3 (euro), EK9 and Accord I would have to say the dc2 for the over all package.

You can pick up a DC2 for little over 3k now, it still looks well, very fast in standard form (every bit as fast as EP3). Handling is great and easy run and maintained.

I only ever sat in a FD2 and it was bone shattering, maybe i'm getting to old or maybe its the roads around Northern Ireland but it wasn't my cup of tea.

Derek

eg9_dc2

Advanced Member
dc2's are abit tired though.even in good condition. there 'old school' though. dc2's/ek9's make a nice weekend cars.

for modern living it has to be something like a dc5/ep3 etc etc.

regarding facelift/pre facelift dc5 i felt the same at first but the facelift looks abit of a cleaner, slicker version, i like the facelift rear end too. looks like the car is more composed and means business.

i think it will grow onto people slowly.

Stoo

Whining.....
But that isn't a standard Facelift rear end.
It has a lower lip, mugen perhaps??

TimB

Advanced Member
ok i've driven and been in

Dc2, Dc5, EP3, EK9, ATR, my vote would be DC2 because of the engineering and development that Honda put into it.
:xcheers: