Recent content by ally_mac

1. A

just saw this............

Yeah I believe this was the first DC5 that Andy imported in, good too see he has lernt from his mistakes
  2. A

Jerking before vtec

Latest results sent back to you mate
  3. A

Jerking before vtec

Yes mate, got the email, in work at minute, but will try the maps you sent me as soon as I get home and run the datalogger on them. Whether you can help or not fonz, I appreciate the help. Chris, thanks for trying to help, appreciate it
  4. A

Jerking before vtec

Map and datalog sent to both fonz600 and MilanoChris. Fonz600, you may get the email twice as I entered chris email wrong first time around so had to resend it again
  5. A

Jerking before vtec

Sorry about that mate, I am g_mac older brother and used to own the car so I am doing everything I can to help sort porblem out. Thanks MilanoChris and fonz600 for offering to help us out, my laptop is at my girlfriends house, so I will get it tomorrow and run the datalogger either tomorrow or...
  6. A

Jerking before vtec

Havent played with the Hondata software much mate, so how do you run a datalog and i will send it to you for a noisy Thats what we though but the 2nd mapper tried a couple of different cam angles and it didnt help it at all. The only thing I can think of is the exhaust cam angle is not...
  7. A

Jerking before vtec

It was first mapped by a fella called Steven Gault, he does a lot of work with rallycross and hill climb cars and has worked on a lot of honda engines, included honda powered minis. It was taken to a second mapper for a 2nd opinion, this mapper works a lot with Autronics, ECUtek, has also...
  8. A

Help MOT failure *UPDATE*

Hi Gary Did you get it sorted ok with that company. Yeah its a bit harsh that they fail you for not having dual markings but as you said its to do with the Republic of Ireland changing their speed from mph to kmh a few years back. My mate is an MOT instructor and he said they only started...
  9. A

KPRO Help

I believe if the launch control has been removed, at standstill, the car will rev right round to the limiter at 8400rpm or whatever it has been set at. I don't think the idle issue is anything major to worry about to be honest, you should be able to remove it or impove it with a bit of tweaking...
  10. A

Not what you want to see on your car...

Nasty, the cheapest way to fix it would be to touch it in with touchup paint and keep doing so until the paint in the scratch is at the same level as the rest of the paint, doesnt matter if you plaster paint all round the scratch as the next step will take care of it. Once thats sorted, get...
  11. A

Not what you want to see in the morning.

glad you got it sorted mate, I remember when some scum broke my drivers side window to try and steal my radio, Dave J told me the window was on back order and it would be 8 weeks before he could get one, but thankfully, out of his own kindness, he sourced me a 2nd hand window from a breakers...
  12. A

Need opinions on these wheels

Rims with a coloured lip, especially red, seem to be all the rage at the minute. I am looking at rims for my evo at the minute and most manufacturer seem to be bringing out loads of black rims with a red lip From memory the 7.5 x 18" bare rim weights just under 8kgs. These are also a very...
  13. A

Frozen Integra - Type Aaaarggh

This sometimes used to happen to my car on a really bad winter morning, all i used to do it get a jug of water water (but not too warm) and pour it round the outside of the door, this was usually enough to melt the ice so i could open the door
  14. A

Rims decision

TE37 Time attacks without question, these will look stunning
  15. A

Rims decision

I think black rim with a red lip looks awesome on a red car. Something like the CE28n Time attacks would look class But they cost about £1700 a set without tyres so not cheap