Recent content by Basher

1. B

how much would a typical DC5 service cost???

PS. they can never agree on service intervals Originally it was 9k but then they changed this to 12.5k for all cars except the s2000. Apparently there was no change to the cars or the oil specs it was just the pressure from fleet management companies. I do mine every 10k and specify the good...
  2. B

how much would a typical DC5 service cost???

Cost of service I normally pay about £120 - £130 for mine. They clean the car too - which is nice. Sometimes its a tad more if it needs a new filter but not much. Brake disks are about £100 each and a set of pads about £50-60 Sparkies are at 75k and will cost about £100 extra...
  3. B

Sticky clutch operation following high speed motorway run

My clutch feels perfect except when I come off a motorway after about 15 miles or more and then go on to normal roads. Its as if the car had a cable clutch with a knackered cable liner so when then clutch is being released the cable is snagging. It goes after about 5 miles or so. My...
  4. B

Geometry settings?

Why would you need to know? Why would you need to know? Is it adjustable? What difference does it make?
  5. B

How many DC5's are there in the UK?

Floor mats Floor mats are essential as the carpet is light red on white car (mine) or blue on blue car. Very stupid idea Mr Honda. No idea what they are on red car. Official floor mats have type R logo and look very good.
  6. B

Suddenly I feel all priviledged Suddenly I feel all priviledged
  7. B

Anyone bought a car from Langtree Garages before??

Another thing - Thatcham cat 1 Langtree fit Thatcham cat 1 alarm immobilser to nearly all their cars. It's a pro fit with certificate and you can't see any evidence without lifting the bonnet.
  8. B

Anyone bought a car from Langtree Garages before??

I bought one from Langtree I got mine this Christmas time from Langtree. I didn't know it at the time but Steve who runs the place has been a friend of my sister since she was about 17 - She's now 42. A few of my mates knew him and I checked his background out before I shelled out me...
  9. B

How many DC5's are there in the UK? My local import dealer reckons there are only about 25 but thats obviously bull. So how many are there? Does anyone know how to find out? There are about 5 near where I live that I have seen (about 50 mile radius). Dave
  10. B

2nd Gear Synchro

Noises Two things to remember here guys... 1. Its a car 2. It's an Integra Firstly all cars have a habit of making strange noises. Some just go away over time, other don't change. The only ones to worry about are the ones that get worse. My last car was an Mr2 and it had noises when I bought...
  11. B

2nd Gear Synchro

Just for the record Mine is the same. I was a tad worried about it too so nice to hear they're all like that. Mine is 4k and less that 1 year old
  12. B

0-60 time

The last post was a test from Driven magazine. There is also a test from Autocar. What do these people know anyway. We know a lot more cos we live with the car. Always nice to read the good stuff though and call them nancies for the bad stuff. http://www.warrender.co.uk/test0012.htm Warrender...
  13. B

0-60 time

6.0 but wanna know more Founf this nice little article by local import dealer about the DC5 http://www.warrender.co.uk/test0010.htm
  14. B

0-60 time

Some translation of technical spec Yes it does appear to say that for the i-vtec and 6.3 for the vtec which I presume is the type S. This courtesey of Alta Vista's BabelFish Integra TYPE R is the same 2 liter DOHC i-VTEC engine as the iS model, but the part which relates to output...
  15. B

Torque steer

I found the problem I found the problem It was tyre pressures. I rather stupidly though that as I had just picked up the car, these would be correct. Checking them revealed 28psi in the front right and 42psi in the front left. Fixing this sorted the problem immediately. Anybody know what the...