Recent content by hsvgtsuk

1. H

Front Speakers Don't Work?!?!

No, speakers don't work when in the door. As for if they are OE? I haven't got a clue, they were fitted to the car when it came in from Japan. I would guess they are aftermarket items though as they are Kenwoods and not "Honda" marked anywhere.
  2. H

Front Speakers Don't Work?!?!

I've read through the topics and can't see anything on the same subject, so here goes..... When I orginally bought the car (wow, 4 years ago now!), I fitted a Pioneer head unit with integaral Bluetooth. Worked absolutely fine for about 3/1/2 years then during a call it dropped dropped the...
  3. H

Clunking on left-turn but not full lock - ideas?

I've got a similar problem with mine and that is on standard springs and dampers. I've checked it out and I've had two garages check it out and they can't identify the problem. When going over speed humps or pot holes does the suspension clonk as well? I will be watching this thread with...
  4. H

fn2/fd2 gear knob

Personal opinion...... Nop! Mind you its your car so have what you like!
  5. H

servicing dc5

9000 mile service £178 including my wifes S2000 club thingy discount. That was filters and fluids service (although no brake pads, apparently I haven't worn them out..... I'm obviously not driving hard enough!). They even suggested that next time I bring it in the night before so the car...
  6. H

servicing dc5

Every thing so far seems to be okay for me. If you want to do it through an offical Honda source (depending on where you are) try Brayley Honda, Hemel Hempstead. Used them for servicing on mine and Dave, the service manager, has been top notch. Seem to be a genuine bunch of enthusiasts who...
  7. H

Why did you buy your Integra?

That was one I hadn't though of, but as good as any. I'm miffed now though, I have had mine six months and have never been given a number because of the car! Gutted!
  8. H

Why did you buy your Integra?

This question came to me as I read the thread "Is it really worth it", by dp9901. Why did you pick your Integra out of the thousands of cars out there? Was it because it was different, liked the looks, great reliablilty, or because it is so hard core? Personally I chose mine because it was...
  9. H

Integra DC5 v Golf Mk4 R32

Stodge or not to stodge, that is really the question. Seeing as you are in to older dubs, why not find a good condition Mk3 Golf VR6, or a Corrado? Then you get a better car than the Mk4 Golf, more exclusive than a Teg and a some money back in your pocket. I'm guessing if you like the...
  10. H

Interesting bit in mag

Did exactly the same, saw the Type R guff on the front and figured it couldn't be that rougher read. Besides, I was at the airport and you always need good bog reading when you are on holiday! A lot more grown up, thank god! The only down side was the bit on the EK9 Civic.... I quite fancy...
  11. H

Importing a DC5

Bought mine in through Autoadvan (google it to find details). You put a deposit of £500 down, then they give you a log on to a Japaneese auction web site. The web site allows you to look at all the major auction houses offerings for the next two days. Basic pictures shown, but there is...
  12. H

What Colour Wheels?

Not only do the style of the wheels matter, but so too does the colour of red. Tried it in a "bright" red, but it was too much. The idea was 911 GT3 RS style, but I'm not sure I've got the balls to pull it off!! Now have them in Peugeot Cossac Grey (mid metallic grey). Much better. Love the...
  13. H

Tyre Squeal

Oh.... Will give the tyre pressures a go. Normally run mine at 30-32psi. Never really go below that, but its worth a go. As for the only squealing on track, yeah.... I may drive a little fast on road (only when conditions are suitable and all that!)
  14. H

Tyre Squeal

Yeah.... Read the thread on the China made Goodyears, and unfortunatly mine are from there! Went to my local tyre place and they looked at me like I was mad! Get the feeling, even if I went else where, they may look at me in a funny way if I requested that I only take a German made version...
  15. H

Tyre Squeal

After much research on the matter (well reading the forum!), I decided to go for a set of Goodyear Eagle GSD3's. They improved the handling no end of the "Fullrun" shite that were on there when I collected the car. However, I now have a problem with tyre squeal! Its bad enough looking like a...