Recent content by Javirai1

1. Javirai1

rough gearchanges( not all the time )

yeah when cold mine aren't great either... much better after the car has had time to warm up though............. but pretty much try to avoid second gear until its nice and warm......
  2. Javirai1

early christmas present

awesome. the gains this must give you must be great considering the low weight of the car. xthumbup merry christmas!
  3. Javirai1

My DC5 has arrived!

nice example there..... look after it and it shall treat you well :)
  4. Javirai1

Are there online places which quote for DC5?

also give sainsburys a go....... they came up a lot cheaper than all the others!
  5. Javirai1

hello from surrey

welcome to the forum. DC2 looks great and hope you look after the five too!
  6. Javirai1

Keyless Entry Optional Extra?

Thanks! Cleared it right up!
  7. Javirai1

oh right..... thought it was something special..... :xaiweb6: thanks!
  8. Javirai1

Exhaust wrapping....

its a nightmare.... drives you insane when it happens.... i had to crawl back from portsmouth on the motorway one night because it was raining.... 40 mph..... makes you feel like a bit of a fool! not sure if the heat shield is connected/bolted to the exhaust in any way...... try taking it off...
  9. Javirai1

Ive read a few articles that the DC5 came with a keyless entry system as an optional extra......? I came across it when i imported my DC5 last year...... and a couple times since..... but does anyone actually have it installed??????
  10. Javirai1

Exhaust wrapping....

he mentioned that as its a different type of grade steel, it reacts differently to the rain. it expands and contracts differently in the cold wet weather when its hot causing it to move and subsequently rattle and knock against the underside....... Toms a real pro and expert with the DC5 at TGM...
  11. Javirai1

Exhaust wrapping....

i suffer with this problem hugely........ i have a standard system apart from the back box...... in the wet, and spray.... my exhaust sounds like its about to fall off with major knocking and vibration. Drives me insane to the point where i have to avoid driving in the wet weather if i can. I...
  12. Javirai1

DC5 Diecast Model - Officially licensed

Gutted lol :(
  13. Javirai1

DC5 Diecast Model - Officially licensed

Did Autoart ever make a facelift one??
  14. Javirai1

Buying a DC5. Advice on which please :)

Definitely go with the one YOU prefer..... End of the day you will be the one driving it and it will always bug you if you think it's the wrong one just to please other people. Everyone is different and has different tastes, but they are essentially the same car underneath. Come along to say...
  15. Javirai1

Cars you would have over a turbo dc5

with that much power going through the front wheels....how about changing to a 4wd car to help get the power down?? Thinking along those lines i would say an Evo perhaps.....?? 220 bhp of the DC5 is pretty good and balanced considering its a front wheel drive, front engined car.... There are...