Recent content by Jayk

1. J

Kpro in 3 days...What can I expect ??

Dont worry about figures mate, usually gets in to a figure war, each dyno is different. You will realise how quick it is when you put it up against another car etc. Paul's a good mapper, but i know cars with more mods mapped by him, with lower power. Each engine is different, so you might just...
  2. J

Im shocked at that result. Most cars with intake/header/exahust/kpro dont make that power. But to be honest figures are figures. Its how it feels at the end of the day. For me the Manifold give alot more torque than any other mod. Jay
  3. J

Engine management light on only at high speeds?

You had problems with TDI South didnt you? As Simon and J30l say, it will be a knock, no major worry, but try not to abuse it until you get it checked out, will need a tweek.
  4. J

If you change the manifold it release's alot of power, the last thing you want to do is get a KPRO, have it mapped, then go for a manifold and then re-map. I think its best to change the whole manifold, ive only ever used TODA on my DC5's as i was happy with them, but i think Spoon / Buddyclub...
  5. J

Your standard manifold is going to be very very restrictive, you'll be down about 15 - 20hp compared to if you have a manifold.
  6. J

Engine rebuild advice

Depends what you need to replace. If your bottom end is dead, then you might be best of going for a K24 bottom end then adding TODA A3 cams etc, car will be very torquey. Other option is you get a 2nd hand k20a motor, probs cheaper than re-build. All you need is breathing, mapping, cams...
  7. J

Darton sleeves

http://www.inlinemotors.co.uk/ Wolverhampton. Usually flat out doing turbo engine builds, but give them a call and see what they can do for you. Jay
  8. J

Fitting cams etc or 5psi Jackson Racing Supercharger

Excellent matey. Will await your results..............................Mike hurry up and get yours done so we can compare :) Jay
  9. J

most powerfull na car on here ??

I think it should be seperated abit, so people can read it clearly and see the difference between general mild N/A+ Cams to BC engine builds. ________________________________________________________________________ BC Engine Builds: BUDDYCLUB TA2009-305bhp 212.6ft/lb after a bit of tweeking...
  10. J

Just installed my AEM V2...

No you've had your fun with noise, take it off, the cars performance will suffer, especially with the hot summer days.
  11. J

Ep3 wheels

Think that might be a stretch. are those wheels 6.5 or 7? think for 225's 7.5 is ideal. Give Julian a shout he will know.
  12. J

any one noticed with the rbc how many miles to the gallon?

If you have had an RBC you need to re-map the KPRO, compared to your old map it will be well out. James i dont know how you do it, my last DC5 was just intake/mani/exhaust/kpro and all i was achieving was 240 max to a tank :oops: and mine was part throttle mapped very well too. I think like...
  13. J

bottom end failure!!!

I think for 10mins flat out, im not suprised. Ihad my EVO flat out at gps 173 for mins, but knew if id kept on it could be disaster. Best of luck with the re-build.
  14. J

Fitting cams etc or 5psi Jackson Racing Supercharger

*Toda A3 Camshaft *Toda Valve Springs & Retainers *TGM Baffled Sump *RBC Intake Manifold *Toda Timing Chain Tensioner *Toda High Compression Head Gasket Thats what i would go with, everyone who has used Toda Cams on here has had great results, tried tested and proven. i wouldnt bother with the...
  15. J

most powerfull na car on here ??

Deffo get some A3's in mate. Best cams i can see on the market for road use having looked at them all. You will be well up at 270+. You'll need to let me have a go once done! :D