Recent content by jo3y

1. J

Unit 8 - Another thumbs up...

Picked my car up yesterday after having my Cusco plated diff taken out and replaced with a Wavetrac, Mr. Alex engine mounts back to standard, 50K service and an MOT. Car is running perfectly :) I can now drive round town and pull out of junctions smoothly and my ears are no longer bleeding when...
  2. J

Cusco Diff to Standard

Ignore that, I've ordered them from OilMans Opieoils site using the JULYSALE discount code - £27 for 2 litres delivered :D
  3. J

Cusco Diff to Standard

Can anyone recommend where to get some from? I'm based in Stockport/Manchester and would preffer getting it direct from a shop rather than paying a fortune on postage.
  4. J

Cusco Diff to Standard

Just spoke to Stevie at Unit 8 and it was the Honda MTF III that was used so I'll try moving to the Redline MTL cheers.
  5. J

Cusco Diff to Standard

How easy is it to swap the gearbox Oil out? I've never done it before, would I be best off taking it to a garage :oops:
  6. J

Cusco Diff to Standard

Yeah it's not too bad when up to temp but unfortunately I have a lot of tight junctions to pull out of before it gets up to temp so it's horrible in the mornings. How much tamer is the standard Diff as I do like the agressiveness of the Cusco? I'm based in Stockport Chris. As said the Diff is...
  7. J

Cusco Diff to Standard

When I purchased my DC5 it came with a Cusco 1.5 plated diff. As much as I love the diff when I'm on a decent country lane, the noise it makes and how the car seems to passengers when driving around town which, I'm doing more and more of these days, is making me think of trading it in for a...
  8. J

Double Din Surround...

I've had my Pioneeer FH-P80BT HU fitted for a couple of months now and I'm finally getting around to sorting out the surround to get rid of the huge gap at the sides of the unit. I've done a search and it looks like I have to buy ones of these... is that the only way to get this done? It seems a...
  9. J

Another recommendation for Unit 8

I've taken my car to Unit 8 twice now. The first visit was to have a Geo setup done after I'd had the AST coilovers serviced and whilst it was there I'd also asked Mark to try and figure out why the brakes were squealing. The car had already been to TDi North 3 times, who had fitted new pads all...
  10. J

Brembo Brakes

:( well that explains it then... I took my car to TDi North with squealing brakes, they said it was the Pagid pads, I knew these squealed as I had them on my VX220T so believed them when they recommended the Ferodo pads and said they wouldn't squeal at all.... guess they were wrong and have cost...
  11. J

Think I've bought the wrong Oil...

Excellent cheers mate
  12. J

:( Cheers. I know Ric has already said it should be ok but can anyone else confirm if I can use this to just top up or is it not recommended? Oilman ideally just to put my mind at rest :wink:
  13. J

Had the car services at TDi North last month and need to buy some oil to top my car up every now and then. I called TDi and they told me they use Miller's 5w-40 so I went to the Millers website and purchased a 5l bottle. It's arrived today and looking at the bottle I've got a horrible feeling...
  14. J

ASTs need servicing??

AST are based in the Netherlands mate and I don't fancy the drive over there :wink: I've got it sorted now anyway cheers. I contacted powerstation and they said can service them. I'm leaving the car at a Mates garage while I'm away, he'll get them off, send them to powerstation then put them...
  15. J

ASTs need servicing??

Nice one cheers lads. I have a feeling that it's the Cusco Plated Slip diff putting extra strain on them but I'm no mechanic, it's only a guess.