Recent content by JohnnyC

1. J

So? toyota Celica Tsport? 1.8 IVEC,

Official figure is 7.1 :P
  2. J

in car video at Castle combe

I thought exactly the same. You seemed to know the speeds for all bends etc. I've only been round it twice, and all the bends looked the same to me :D
  3. J

Folding Mirrors

Not on a DC5, but related anyway... I fitted folding mirrors to my UK MR2. It was a doddle really. I did a guide for the MR2 forums, and I think my guide made it look more difficult - photos of wires probably made it look worse than it was. Go for it, it's easily the one of the most satisfying...
  4. J

Electric Folding Wing Mirror

The button is the first thing I'd check. If you're handy with a multimeter you can check that A) the switch receives power, and B) that there's power coming from the switch when the button is pressed. If that's all fine then I guess (as I don't have a DC5) that there's a control unit for the...
  5. J

The - MPG vs DC5 thread - a battle ofwill and self restraint

Impressive, good pics. Oh I don't know :D (although my car doesn't have as much 'performance' as a DC5 :cry: ) This car has a 55L fuel tank, what's the DC5's ? 60L ?
  6. J

good year eagle f1 replaced

Get them from a decent supplier that gets the German made tyre :wink:
  7. J

Brake Fluid Change Process

Also, don't drain it as in empty it out - you'll end up with air getting in. If you're unsure, take it to a garage, brakes are kinda important :wink:
  8. J

"Paul G" Front Brake Discs & Mintex 1144's

I put Mintex 1144 on the wifes FTO, they are astounding pads :)
  9. J

FaceLift Dials

Better pic of facelift...
  10. J

New Guy From Leeds

DOH!!! Just noticed above too. Quite fancied a look at it 8)
  11. J

New Guy From Leeds

Link not correct.
  12. J

What the hell is this?????

Looks like a concept car to me, just what Honda/Acura would show a couple of years before launch. Except of course, oddly, there's both pre-facelift and facelift versions so that wipes that idea away. And seems a bit bold for Honda/Acura, so must be aftermarket bodykits. Looks good though 8)
  13. J

Brake Dust

The pads on my MR2 make my wheels look like that after 10 KM :shock:
  14. J

Goodbye to FTO GpVR Hello DC5

So how does the DC5 compare to the FTO ? (wife has an FTO, it's superb).
  15. J

Goodbye to FTO GpVR Hello DC5

Not Morpeth by any chance?