Recent content by linzi94

1. linzi94

Adrian Flux

phoned sky, £712. a '58 plate A3 1.8 will only cost £430 to insure.... dont make me cross over to the dark side! :unsure: going to phone Aplan.
  2. linzi94

Adrian Flux

Adrian Flux sent me my renewal quote today and i nearly passed out. I think its the highest quote ive ever had for a renewal in my entire driving career. Im 31, car is garaged, gruppe m and spoon springs, over 10 yrs no claims, cat1 alarm and does 10k miles a yr. Its a 51 plate. £786 i dont...
  3. linzi94

Adrian Flux

Adrian Flux sent me my renewal quote today and i nearly passed out. I think its the highest quote ive ever had for a renewal in my entire driving career. Im 31, car is garaged, gruppe m and spoon springs, over 10 yrs no claims, cat1 alarm and does 10k miles a yr. Its a 51 plate. £786 i dont...
  4. linzi94

Who's is the first registered DC5?

do you mean first registered in the uk? not quite the same but ive had mine for 5 years and im the only uk owner its had :wink:
  5. linzi94

Attention SKY Insurance

isnt it strange that a-plan with markerstudy couldnt insure me but adrian flux with markerstudy on my certificate could??
  6. linzi94

Buying some AEM fresh air!

it was installed by a trained technician with over 10 years experience and fellow dc5 owner. just to add, i have other modifications on the car that have caused me no problems at all. i even managed to fit my own gruppe m with no problems, bro.
  7. linzi94

Buying some AEM fresh air!

as mentioned above about blocking gears: my aem cai cost me a 5th gear, 5th and 6th synchro and an air con pipe. this amounted to hundreds of pounds worth of damage. it was the correct kit for my car and was correctly installed. (i can only presume through continually working itself loose from...
  8. linzi94

Have i been ripped off??! Advice needed!

the only way the mileage would bother me if i found out a car had done more miles than the millenium falken opposed to that advertised. as the first and only owner of my car in the uk, it really doesnt bother me that it shows 7k more than its actually done due to conversion for sva.
  9. linzi94

DC5 can be embarrassing :(

i alternate what side of the car i get in and out of, but im quite small and agile. i suggest you buy a pair of joggy bottoms and get changed into your good trousers in the toilets before entering your office.
  10. linzi94

A-Plan & Sky discrimination

ive been offered a job now so thats one less thing to worry about.
  11. linzi94

yes adrian flux got £775 that a-plan and sky missed out on. as for risk - im not driving 5 days a week to a job. im not off galavanting because im on jsa, combined with the price of petrol. the car, like i said, sits in the garage mostly going nowhere.... like me.
  12. linzi94

update: just sold a kidney to adrian flux.
  13. linzi94

lying is not an option. once i get a job, guess who i wont be calling for a quote...
  14. linzi94

thanks, i tried them and they said twice what adrian flux quoted. my insurance last year cost £491 fully comp so you see why im not happy to pay £1400. my mum who isnt unemployed but is retired only had to pay an extra £25. apparently unemployed people use their cars a lot more because of...
  15. linzi94

Re: Insurance and Occupation well, A-plan have refused to renew my insurance after 4 years of custom and the cash is waiting in my bank account for my next 12 months of insurance. Sky refused to insure me aswell. Swinton gave me a quote from the moon followed closely by Adrian flux. (over...