Recent content by Splink

1. S

Changing rear pads - rear piston decompression

This was a breeze really. You either need a massive screwdriver to slot into the cross on the piston to turn it, or a small screwdriver, and put the arm of the screwdriver in the piston cross to turn it. One problem I had was getting the brake line off, in the respect that you have to unscrew...
  2. S

yer i thought it might be a thread and push job. I am going to pick up one of those things from halfords, i think i have seen them for about 20 quid for a set of the things. Should be a fun saturday morning when i do it :)
  3. S

I am about to change my rear pads. Now I have not done the rear ones yet, the front ones were quite easy to change. I have a question about the piston which compresses the caliper to fit the new pads in. Can i simply push the piston back in so I can fit the caliper around the new pads by...
  4. S

Hope to be a dc5 noobie if i ever get insured

I was drivnig a p2 when i was 20 - but then again i was earning a mint :) scoobys dont have it round the track like the dc5 does though
  5. S

wheels stuck to the hub

rage + mallet = solution !!
  6. S

wheels stuck to the hub

im going to try this tomrrow, i had 2 hours scheduled in to do it this morning, after the neighbour chatting to me for a bit and then with it raining this morning here, kind messed up me morning so i was in a bit of a rush. I did try hitting the tyre at the bottom a few times, but didnt hit it...
  7. S

wheels stuck to the hub

well i tried the rage bit, but no rubber mallet. I have some sore feet from kicking the hub too much though :)
  8. S

wheels stuck to the hub

Upon deciding to replace my rear brakes, I sat down with all me tools, undid the rear wheel nuts, raised the car, tried to pull it off but no joy. Spent an hour on it trying to remove it to get at my rear brakes having to give up in the end because it was taking too long. The only thing which...
  9. S

front end knocking noise

My tein SS adjustables had the same problem. Found out that the fitters didnt put the passenger side on properly and the top bolt to lower/higher them was just loose. So i screwed it in so it was the same as the drivers side and is ok.
  10. S

DC5 look out

When I had my car, I bought it off someone who had bought it from a dealer. There was no detail of the SVA test, but it was better than 2 other DC5's which I had seen which had the SVA test, and was cheaper, so I went for it. tbh, i dont think the paperwork makes my car any better :)
  11. S

Type R Crank Pulley?

how about an extra option on the poll for "wouldnt have the faintest idea" :)
  12. S

Excellent fuel economy of our K20A engines.

I filled up with tescos 99 - doing my usual journeys to work and see folks during the week. Compared to optimax - I was just over half left on tesco, on shell i was just over a quarter for exactly the same journeys.
  13. S

Newbieeeeee here!

wilkommen ! im not german either :/
  14. S

aircon

Yer i agree totally with this.. turbo5 - I would like to fit that bird in your sig to my lap if you manage to find her :P
  15. S

just out of interest? whos gone to the max?

got to about 155-158 in 5th but had to brake due to lack of runway :)