1. jay.dee

DC5 Recaro Seat Covers

No blue :(
  2. jay.dee

Camber question.

Use 2 bolts in each strut
  3. jay.dee

FUEL GUAGE STOP WORKING

Have it checked as soon as because it could be a sign the whole pump is on it's way out.
  4. jay.dee

Recommended or Best Adjustable Camber arms and bolts

Bought the M2 arms, so far keeping well Pros of them listed here: http://www.itr-dc5.club/forum/index.php?/topic/43252-opinions-on-hardrace-camber-arms/#entry429745
  5. jay.dee

Interior switch / control panel light bulbs?

Just off the beaten track a bit, if you order T3 LED bulbs for the engine start button, get a red one instead of white as there is no red filter in that switch. The original bulb uses a red rubbery filter cover so that the colour matches the rest of the dash but that cover also dims the bulb...
  6. jay.dee

Springs or coilovers

Thanks so far for the responses - as Burn and Alex say above, it's a bit false economy for cheapo coils, and the longevity doesn't seem to come close to oem shocks based on my forum searches. I think the way ahead would be to replace the snapped spring with the bargain offer from MaxVR6 above...
  7. jay.dee

Air con

Hopefully you've done diags and had the system refilled first. Various components such as seals letting gas out, compressor clutch and valve can stop the air con starting up, and some of those can be replaced to fix. If it's definitely the compressor itself, then ensure the whole system is...
  8. jay.dee

Springs or coilovers

Chaps Got a snapped Tanabe GF210 front spring (14 yrs old) - still sits ok though. New set nearly £300 (sure I bought 'em for £100 back then) Considering the age of the shocks (15yrs never changed) which gets through MOT each year via the bounce and rock test, as I have to pull the...
  9. jay.dee

Fake airbags.

The bags were functional, but being sold as OEM. Didn't have the same quality control as OEM and could go off prematurely or not at all. It was Honda UK that reported the trader to Trading Standards. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-35602996
  10. jay.dee

Recaro seat covers... Anyone bought these from ebay?

Guys sorry to say but they look like you've put a 5 pence plastic bag over the seat! Do they look better in the flesh so to speak?
  11. jay.dee

SAINSBURY'S INSURANCE RESULT!!!

Quoted £800 for 1 exhaust and a few visual/trim mods, no points, FCB, Notts City!!! Been paying £400 less with A Plan for years now....
  12. jay.dee

Correct brake disc size?

300mm dia, 25mm thick (replacement @ 23mm) DC5R JDM (Brembo) rotor has a height of 57.8mm DC5R, EP3R (non Brembo) has a height of 47.5mm
  13. jay.dee

Which LED Sidelight Bulbs?

I have the Bay 'cheap' ones as per the first link too getting on 2 years now and they are still going strong.
  14. jay.dee

passenger window

Have you pressed the button by the driver door handle - that turns the passenger window power off..
  15. jay.dee

DC5 double din facia surround needed

Part number 77261-S6M-.003ZA. Got a spare one (with a small dent) if you've exhausted all options.
  16. jay.dee

Replacing HID Bulbs

If your mech was able to replace easily, he likely replaced the inner bulbs which are relatively easy to get to, which are H1 for the high beams. If the Philips' were that bulb size they wouldn't be used in the HID part of the bulb (but see my last paragraph) I assure you the HID's (the largest...
  17. jay.dee

When a chain snaps!!

Unfortunately not. http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/41203-when-a-chain-snaps/?p=407600
  18. jay.dee

Cluster issue

Gets better - an electronics engineer fixed the old clocks - found that one of the wires on a chip had come away from the board and there were signs of overheating around that area, possibly from a short circuit of some kind. The chap soldered the leg of this chip back on, also had to 'reflash'...
  19. jay.dee

Cluster issue

For future reference, unplugging and reconnecting didn't reset things either - fresh set of clocks resolved the issue.