Search results

1. Gary

Injector cleaner at MOT time

Last week my car failed it's MOT on the emissions and as I wanted to get the K-pro re-tuned at TDI which I can't do for another month or so I needed a quick fix and the bloke at my local tyre depot suggested injector cleaner which the car subsequently passed on, so does that mean this stuff...
  2. Gary

Bolster repair

Has anyone ever had their seat bolsters repaired??? if so, when? where? how much? and of course,were you happy with the result - did the new alcantara match up, or did it look like a pigs ear??? I either need to get mine done or I'm gonna have to buy a new seat.................. as usual thanks...
  3. Gary

Advice please

Alright guys haven't been on in a while, but I need to generate some cash to finish off my house so I'm lookin to sell my Blue 2002 DC5, how much should I ask for a quick sale???..... minus points are a dent in the drivers door and a chip on the front lip spoiler, significant wear on the...
  4. Gary

Clutch question

Alright guys, just a bit of advice on the clutch, I've done a search and the general consensus seems to be, to stick with the OEM unit, and I know Tom has said that they've certainly served him well at race level so there should be no problems regarding longevity and therein lies my problem...
  5. Gary

ABS warning light!!!

Hi. I've got a problem with my ABS dash light coming on when I pull away quickly or driving on a bumpy road and once it's on it stays on until I park up for a while like at work or something before restarting, I thought it was maybe the fluid level was on the limit and so any bumps or jerks...
  6. Gary

Help MOT failure *UPDATE*

I live in N. Ireland and my 2002 DC5 has just failed it's MOT for the first time even tho it's been in the UK since 2004 because the speedo is not dual calibrated, ie MPH and KPH - is this correct??? has this happened to anyone else??? I mean my car was SVA'd nearly 4 years ago and nothin was...
  7. Gary

Drivers door mirror

Some C.A.N.T. smashed my drivers mirror today altho I'm fairly lucky as it's the C Pack remote folding item and the casing is still in one piece, anyone know where I can get a replacement glass either new or S/H - thanks in advance guys!
  8. Gary

Foglight spray

Hi guys, is it possible to get a red spray to colour one of my reversing light lenses which is still clear but for SVA purposes was switched to use as a fog??? Cheers Gaz
  9. Gary

Tesco's fuel offer

I know a lot of you guys swear by Optimax but, Tesco have got their annual/bi-annual fuel offer on again - spend over £50 doin your 'big shop' :wink: at the tills and you get 5p off every litre at the pumps, which brings their Super down under the price of std. unleaded, which it has to be...
  10. Gary

urgent advice needed

Hi guys I have cracked one of my alloys :( which are Black Racing Pro N1's in bronze which came with my BLUE DC5 and barring an act of god I have no chance of getting another one! Nobody in the country has any in stock and I even tried the States but even they have to get them from Japan but...
  11. Gary

Re-Upholstery

I'm in the middle of restoring my '92 VTI and the interior needs re-upholstered, does anyone know of any firms (in the Kent area if poss) who will do this for a reasonable price or are there firms who do the higher standard JDM interiors from cars, specifically imported for breaking for parts...
  12. Gary

Toda vs Spoon

Has anyone had both the Toda and the Spoon manifolds fitted to their DC5 or have driven DC5's which are identical apart from their different manifolds and therefore could give proper insight as to whether all the hassle come MOT time the Toda 4-1 brings as opposed to the Spoon 4-2-2-1 is really...
  13. Gary

4X4 Insurance - need help/advice!

I have a work mate who's payin Direct Line nearly £800 :shock: for ins on a Range Rover even tho he's in his fifties altho his son is named driver! Anyway he was askin me how much I was payin with Direct Line considerin the DC5's a group 20 import and he wasn't pleased when I told him about...
  14. Gary

Times please gentlemen

What are the estimates for 0-60, 0-100, lbs/ft torque, whp and @fly for a DC5 with the usual sensible mods ie. GruppeM, Spoon 4-2-2-1, Fujitsubo RM01A catback, earthing kit and KPro but the only difference between mine and say John's or Mike's is that it won't initially be RR'ed at SystemR but...
  15. Gary

Thanks Livvy

Thanks for the mods you sold me how come you didn't need them anymore???
  16. Gary

Fog light mod

How has everyone overcome the foglight issue - I know that some have used a trick relay to switch on a pair of brake lights permanently in foggy conditions but seein as the foglight is supposed to be 10cm (I think) from the brake lights then this is not strictly legal either! At the minute mine...
  17. Gary

Roof sills

I still own a VTI which has the same narrow black sills which join the quarters to the roof as the DC5 and they started to mottle and now I've noticed the same thing happenin to the Teg as well :x I thought Honda would have corrected this inherent problem as my Civic is clean apart from this...
  18. Gary

Smart windows???

Does anyone have an auto window closure feature upon arming their alarm cos I've just had it added to my Clifford but when I close the window manually using the door switch (on auto mode) the window closes and then opens about four inches again so I would actually have to use the key fob to...
  19. Gary

Feelin horny

I'm thinkin of fittin a set of air horns (don't laff) :lol: I mean just a std. mono-tone air horn of around 100db or so cos it's one of the first things I've fitted to all my motors as I think a decent horn is an important safety feature which when called upon can repel all sorts of oblivious...
  20. Gary

Strut bars - what do you think???

I know this should probably be in the Sus section but I would just like to gauge everyones opinion on strut/tie bars front and rear - upper and lower whether or not a front one is enough or do you really need the rear one and in the case of the lower ones I'm at bit reluctant to fit them cos...