Search results

1. S

Ultra Racing Braces

Never seen these before - nice 4-point front and rear subframe braces. Seems to be a guy on www.atr.org.uk dealing with the USA dealer. http://www.ultraracing.com.my/ultraracing/ProductData.asp Front Lower Brace Rear Lower Brace Front Strut Bar Rear Strut Bar Rear Upper Bar Room Bar...
  2. S

Think i've decided on wheels

After I sold my heavy but nice 'Storm' 18's i've had money burning a hole, but couldn't make my mind up. Budget is £650 max, but I can bring back stuff from USA next time I go so that helps. Also wanted lightweight and ET48 or above so not much choice. Thought about Pro Race 2 in 7.5x18...
  3. S

Seat Height Adjustment

Anyone on here think of any way of modding the drivers seat to be height adjustable? The wife never liked driving my Teg cos she's 5'2" and struggles to get a good driving position. TBH it didn't used to be a problem (I probably preferred that she didn't drive it much :wink: ), but just now I...
  4. S

Pro Race 2

Anyone got a picture of Team Dynamics Pro Race 2 on a DC5? Preferably silver ones, but anything will do. They do 7.5x18" with ET53 now so thinking of these for my silver DC5.
  5. S

TSW Track Star

TSW have released these in the US. Available as a lightweight road wheel or even lighter track wheel. Available in 8.0x18" 5x114.3 with ET50. 8) I emailed TSW UK to see if it will be available here anytime soon but no response. :( Anyone got a contact at TSW UK?
  6. S

Fitting Front & Rear Speakers

Got these for my birthday recently. Chose them cos I don't really fancy fitting an amp, and these are designed to work off head unit power. Front - Alpine SPE-17CS: Rear - Alpine SPE-17C2: Also partly chose the speakers cos they have a hard plastic ring instead of metal. So was able to cut...
  7. S

Gathers SatNav Wiring

Have sold my Gathers Nav/TV/CD/MD/Radio unit to someone off ClubRSX forum, so spent today removing all the wiring etc. There was much more than I thought :shock: This photo and description may be helpful to someone: A. Gathers VXD-032Mi Double DIN Nav/TV/CD/MD/Radio unit. B. TV Tuner unit...
  8. S

Wheels Stolen!

Sold my 18" 'Storm' alloys to a guy on Civic forum from Birmingham. He paid me by PayPal and I got Paisley Freight to deliver them. Apparently he popped out and missed the delivery by 10 mins - which would by ok except the driver got attacked and the delivery van stolen :shock: Paisley...
  9. S

Work Emotion Wheels - Best place to buy

Looking into getting a set of Work XD9. Newera lists them and price was good for a while, but seems to have gone up - exchange rates I presume. Has anyone used them before? Any better places to buy? Or can Livvy and Paul source them?
  10. S

Work Emotion XD9

I have somebody interested in buying my 18" Storm Civic wheels. I have made up my mind that if I get them sold then I will sell my track wheels as well and get a set of Work Emotion XD9's 8) I love the wheel but I also love that they come in a 53mm offset. My only worry is brake clearance. Has...
  11. S

Mishimoto Intake

Saw this in a US mag. Doesn't look that great TBH http://www.mishimoto.com/product_info.php?prod=MMCFI-RSX-02
  12. S

DVD player - handbrake wire

Wiring in the double-din CD/DVD unit I bought recently - it has some issues but that's another story :? The headunit has a wire labelled 'Handbrake Inspection'. Now I know that these units are usually set up with a link to the handbrake so that the driver can't watch DVD's while on the move...
  13. S

Wiring Help

I removed my Gathers CD/MD/NAV/TV headunit today to make way for something more UK friendly. There were some surprising connectors back there that I would like to get identified: 1. The usual FM type aerial lead seems to have an extension added to it with a silver box and a power supply. I this...
  14. S

Possibly Best DC5 Wheels?

Came across these - possibly the best combination of light weight, high strength, good offset, caliper clearance and reasonable cost for the DC5. Available in 7.5"x18" with ET52 offset for $225 each or 7.0"x17" with ET52 offset for $185 each
  15. S

Motul Brake Fluid

For those who have upgraded to Motul brake fluid, is it the DOT 5.1 stuff you went for? I am looking for something a bit better than standard for road use and 1/2 trackdays a year. I wouldn't have thought I need the race DOT 4 stuff.
  16. S

Kyokugen Problem

Had a set of Kyokugen 7 sided wheel nuts for sale on here for a while. Ended up selling them to a chap on civictype-r.co.uk Looks like he's broken the socket adaptor while fitting them :roll: Apart from advice on torquing wheel nuts correctly has anyone on here had experience of this? Not...
  17. S

Brake Caliper Clearance

Finally got the dosh together to get some F1's on the wheels I got a while back. Wheels are 7.5x18" with 55mm offset (Honda accessory for new Civic or Accord). I thought there would be tons of clearance for brake calipers, but they fit - just. The calipers are less than 1mm away when wheel...
  18. S

Tyre wear on inside or outside?

Wanting to know when car is driven hard (ie trackdays etc) is it the inside or outside of the front tyres that wears most? I have a set of part worn tyres that i'm fitting to my newly refurbed trackday wheels. They are already worn more on one side than the other so trying to decide which way...
  19. S

New battery & AEM V2 fitted

Finally got a bit of time to spend on the car today. First on the list was a new battery as the tiny old one has been going downhill lately. Advice on this forum proved great yet again - one HD Micra battery bought and fits perfectly 8) Looks so much better as it fits the 'holder' properly...
  20. S

Goodies from USA!

Just back from Florida today! Holiday was good etc etc, but best bit is that an AEM V2 and some wheel paint to spray up my track day wheels came back with me 8) Can't wait to get it fitted and feel/hear the effect :shock: