Search results

1. 12T

Compression Ratio vs Octane?

Buying some pistons or a stroker kit.
  2. 12T

Not completely true. You can have a high compression ratio on supercharged cars also diesels run high compression most of them are boosted now days ;) Back to the subject can i run 13:1cr 98/99 octane or would 12.5:1cr be the safest for our fuel rating?
  3. 12T

Hey Guys, Whats the highest/safest compression ratio can our cars run with our 98/99 octane fuel?
  4. 12T

Mod's please delete

Can you make another video of your engine?
  5. 12T

Buddy Club Cams

I have spec 3 cams in my car for over 3yrs now and no probs. With the power gains i made 5-10hp throughout the rev range over standard cams. Slightly lower power than toda cams after 8k rpm maybe because my mate had a thinner gasket and i didnt, but apart from that when i done a comparison same...
  6. 12T

Mod's please delete

Re: Tappets or Rocker/Roller assembly Hi there WJF1FUT this is Russ's brother (Rich), I'm a mechanic and he's been telling me that u have a noise problem which sounds loud from top and bottom when standing at a distance or when ur under the car. I've been looking at ur videos and it seems to me...
  7. 12T

Loose timing chain!

I had the car running with EML like this for more that 6 months with no noise. I have heard a couple of k20a knock and it doesnt sound pleasant lol. If it was a bearing that went it can only get louder and louder through time. Just got my car on the road now the light has disappeared and...
  8. 12T

Loose timing chain!

A little update here ppl after a week and a half working in the freezing cold. Finally got my car running :) I have put a camera to check the valves and bores, seems to be in good condition. Adjusted the tappets while engine was out new toda chain and hybrid racing tensioner put in, ported my...
  9. 12T

RBC throttle body gasket part number?

Hello, can anyone tell me the part number for the gasket or if i can borrow someones accord R chasis number because honda cant access the computer system without it :?
  10. 12T

Loose timing chain!

Finally got my engine out to have a look. I know this is a rare case but i happened to be one of the unlucky ones. What me and my brother found was my chain was very loose when cranked over also my toda tensioner was just crap lol i can push the piston in with so much ease :shock: I can also...
  11. 12T

Hondata heatshield gasket question?

Hi is the hondata gasket re usable? or would i need a new one? Thanks
  12. 12T

Mod's please delete

Re: Tappets or Rocker/Roller assembly Hello guys jut to give you an update on my car. My engine is out and on a stand, just showed my brother the vid of your car and he is pretty sure my car car sounded like yours well the early simptoms before mine got louder. Anyway took my cam cover off...
  13. 12T

vibration under acceleration

Might be your driveshaft that has gone? i had a similar problem on my s2000 turned out to be the driveshaft. If i were u i would go and balance your wheels first and see how it is, Also if you have recently changed to energy inserts check that you have tighten the mounts up. These are the...
  14. 12T

dc5 lsd VS spoon lsd

Hi i have drove/tested all 3 lsd's. Oem lsd is better than no lsd as u can feel it pull u around the corners with mild understeer. Quaife lsd cant really tell the difference between the OEM dc5 lsd :? it is silent compared to spoon. Spoon lsd very aggressive very loud clunking noise that...
  15. 12T

Mod's please delete

Re: Tappets or Rocker/Roller assembly Hi wj51fut, what mods you got on your car also do you take your car to 150mph+ quite often? Does your engine management light blink when driving at a certain speed or doing top speeds? What mileage is you teg? Sorry for all the questions lol as i have...
  16. 12T

Mod's please delete

Re: Tappets or Rocker/Roller assembly Thats right lol
  17. 12T

Mod's please delete

Re: Tappets or Rocker/Roller assembly Well his car does sound identical to mine in the 3 videos that he posted, you have to be there to really hear the engine. Its a loud dut dut dut dut dut dut...... noise which you can hear even in the car. VT doo the videos dont do it justice ;)
  18. 12T

Mod's please delete

Re: Tappets or Rocker/Roller assembly Also take off your cam cover and check your chain to see if its loose? I have the exact same noise in my car, my bro narrowed the fault down to the chain or tensioner. If you listen carefully to the left side of your engine the tapping noise is loud when...
  19. 12T

Mod's please delete

Re: Tappets or Rocker/Roller assembly Hey i have the exact same noise in my car! Soon as i heard this noise i stopped driving it completely and put it off road. My bro is a mechanic and have a lil experience with k20's so my car is being stripped down soon to have a look. He thinks its the...
  20. 12T

Knocking from front suspension

I dont know y they didnt test it? :roll: All i know i would never go back there again. Was u at rockingham HOT with us last year? No track days this year i cant afford it. New baby new business i broke as hell, i cant even afford new tyres lol. I will be doing track day next year for...